U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 09:32 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,308,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The facts were right in the poll. The majority of Americans want most illegals deported. Part of that total majority want illegals deported with only some exceptions and part of that majority want them all deported. Some people will spin anything to fit their agenda.
The illegal alien fans are getting more and more worried; especially since Obama pretty much stabbed their kind in the back because there's still NO amnesty for those arrogant losers after more than 7 years of him being POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 11:16 AM

13,211 posts, read 10,613,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The illegal alien fans are getting more and more worried; especially since Obama pretty much stabbed their kind in the back because there's still NO amnesty for those arrogant losers after more than 7 years of him being POTUS.

The last official amnesty was during the Republican Regan administration. Obama's 'amnesty' is simply executive action orders that can be reversed with the next President. They should be worried!

Old 03-01-2016, 10:44 AM

874 posts, read 970,065 times
So much talk about "American jobs" in here. lol

Tell me, do you care if there is a job in Indiana and someone moves in from Oregon to "take" it?

No? So why is it such a big deal if, instead of Oregon, the person was from Mexico instead? What's the difference?

Old 03-01-2016, 12:30 PM

13,211 posts, read 10,613,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post

Tell me, do you care if there is a job in Indiana and someone moves in from Oregon to "take" it?

No? So why is it such a big deal if, instead of Oregon, the person was from Mexico instead? What's the difference?

Most illegals have broken many laws by the time that they actually find work in the US. That is the main difference between the Oregon citizen or legal immigrant and just another person for Mexico (which happens to be illegal). If you mean 'legal' immigrant from Mexico; then please define 'Mexican'. Most of us have no objection to legal immigrants. We just don't like a play on words where "person" could mean criminal.

The difference is that as Americans we pay our taxes. I am not saying that all Mexicans do not pay taxes - but there is a good chance that the illegal ones will not pay into the system. There is also one good chance that the rich employers will not pay into the system or even report the workers that they do have - they will pocket the money and run. Many of the illegals will send their 'extra' money to Mexico to help bring in more illegals. Many Americans, after paying their taxes, will buy some of the products that they helped make. It is simply a healthier system to work above board and no laws broken.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:44 PM

31,712 posts, read 14,631,102 times
We have enough competition for jobs among Americans from all over the country but at least it is a fair competition based on the going wage and skills not some slave labor wages that illegals are willing to work for. There is no comparison to Americans competing with each other at a level playing field compared to illegal foreign workers who are willing to work for less than the going wage which is unfair competition. I can't believe some of the lame arguments that the pro-illegals use to defend illegal aliens.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:56 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,101,778 times
Quote:

Seriously are you that clueless about immigration law?

If the person from Mexico has not entered the country illegally, I think I speak for others in saying that is fine. As long as everyone is obeying the laws of our country, there is no issue.

You realize that the intent of this sub-forum is to discuss illegal immigration. If you wish to discuss legal immigration, there is another forum area for that.

Of course, any legal citizens can move through the country working at any job that they can get. That does not put an American worker out of a job. This is really pretty basic. Do you have specific questions that we can help you resolve?

Old 03-01-2016, 05:42 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,306,446 times
Quote:
Why does it matter where they are born? You fail to see that the logical extension of what you just said is that you should "want people LIVING here to buy into the system". Why does it matter how they got here, whether they were born here or moved from somewhere else?

This is why "illegal immigration" shouldn't even be a real phrase. If someone moves somewhere else, they should automatically become a citizen of that new place. Problem solved.

By your rules I should be able to break into your house and camp out in the living room. You have no right to kick me out... afterall... 'Why does it matter how they got there...' Right?

Old 03-01-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:

Simple: a US citizen CAN cross from state in the US. Same with a Mexican citizen crossing within Mexico. What gives either our American or our Mexican the right to cross BETWEEN the US and Mexico without permission 1st? NO country allows that. Period.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
By your rules I should be able to break into your house and camp out in the living room. You have no right to kick me out... afterall... 'Why does it matter how they got there...' Right?
Agreed with what you are saying and; IF we're gonna go with Joules's ball here, you'd have the RIGHT to STOP Joules from protecting his house. Kinda like it'd be pretty damn nervy on my part to try that stunt IN Mexico, I'd probably get my ass shot by their cops. Oh well, it'd suck to be me.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:44 PM

10,822 posts, read 3,782,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Actually if I move into your house, live there 20 years and pay the taxes in many places it will become my house.

That is really the whole point. The situation should have be rigorous pursued in the late 1980s and the entire not amnestied illegal population weeded out and deported. But that is not what happened. The classical collection of those who support the illegal community managed to derail the effort and nothing happened. So no almost 30 years later we are faced with a problem 20 X greater than back then and no real will to do it.

So we end up needing the same solution that would have worked then. Legalize enough to reduce the population of illegals to something we can successfully police and then do it.

We perfectly well could screw it up again just like last time. But if we can't do the relatively minor task of deporting and gaining full control over who is here with less than a million why do you think we can do it with ten times as many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or