U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 06:52 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times

Advertisements

We don't legalize the illegal. Does that even make any sense? No, it doesn't.

The only fair system is to remove the incentives that keep the illegals here. That will shrink the herd. Then, the mandated reporters at schools, medical facilities, government offices, etc. will report suspected illegals. We will draw from the databases of illegal aliens already in place and start removal actions against them.

These illegal aliens chose to commit a crime by entering the US illegally. I find no way to make this simple enough for some people to understand.

As we know, they pile one crime on top of another once here. They do not have the right to work in the US, drive, etc. They just rack them up.

ILLEGALS BE GONE! (Cost of illegal immigration to the US taxpayer $13 billion a year, cost of amnesty to the US taxpayer $6.3 trillion) Load 'em up and ship 'em out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 09:25 AM

13,163 posts, read 10,580,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We don't legalize the illegal. Does that even make any sense? No, it doesn't.

The only fair system is to remove the incentives that keep the illegals here. That will shrink the herd. Then, the mandated reporters at schools, medical facilities, government offices, etc. will report suspected illegals. We will draw from the databases of illegal aliens already in place and start removal actions against them.

These illegal aliens chose to commit a crime by entering the US illegally. I find no way to make this simple enough for some people to understand.

As we know, they pile one crime on top of another once here. They do not have the right to work in the US, drive, etc. They just rack them up.

ILLEGALS BE GONE! (Cost of illegal immigration to the US taxpayer $13 billion a year, cost of amnesty to the US taxpayer $6.3 trillion) Load 'em up and ship 'em out!

That cost will be going up if Harry Reid and 54 fellow Democrats have their way: House Democrats Join Push to Provide Illegal Immigrants Gov. Lawyers don't come cheap. It is too bad that the Democrats are not as concerned over legal citizens as they are about the illegal ones.

We need to clean out Congress. These clowns are not working for us.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:54 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,900,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
So much talk about "American jobs" in here. lol

Tell me, do you care if there is a job in Indiana and someone moves in from Oregon to "take" it?

No? So why is it such a big deal if, instead of Oregon, the person was from Mexico instead? What's the difference?
For one the person from Oregon actually has a right to work in the United States. For another the illegal has no right to work in the United States.
Not unlike The person who pays for their food has a right to eat it, v.s the person who stole the food.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:04 PM

4,529 posts, read 1,944,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
So much talk about "American jobs" in here. lol

Tell me, do you care if there is a job in Indiana and someone moves in from Oregon to "take" it?

No? So why is it such a big deal if, instead of Oregon, the person was from Mexico instead? What's the difference?
You must be joking right? Oregon and Indiana are both part of the United States. The American dollar is the same from Indiana to Oregon, with Americans expecting a certain wage and standard of living. Workers from third world countries undercut American wages by working for less and stuffing multiple families into single family dwellings. Additionally, that person from Indiana to Oregon has a social security number (they don't need to steal one from an American) nor do they need language assistance for themselves or their children in public school.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:09 PM

1,450 posts, read 802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
I agree, but the Muslims are worse. Let's see why? The other groups are so based on a 'looks' and location description, and Arabs, I have no problem, no issue with looks, or location. What i dislike are religious fanatics.

To be frank, I think the Christian fundamentalists are as much undesirable, so it is not about looks, it is about religion, all if them!

Old 03-06-2016, 09:33 PM

5,011 posts, read 1,724,824 times
I disagree with the OP.

First, there is no such thing as "xenophobia", which implies an irrational fear of foreign immigrants. The term is an invention of the communist Left.

Any pushback to immigrants is based largely on rational reasons, and thus by definition it isn't a phobia.

There is an immoral and twisted ethic in this nation that holds that it is good that current minorities will one day gain most of the power in this country and even in Europe. The foundations for this ethic are muddy, and can be loosely stated to be "White people bad, brown people good".

However, there is no legitimate foundation for this ethic, especially considering that most of these non-White immigrants enjoy countries that are run by their ethnic groups.

Mexicans are a group that bolster a minority demographic in this nation that instigates for political instability and, ultimately, full power. The so called "phobia" in regard to this population is not a phobia, but accounting.

Easter European immigrants blend into the majority, and thus they pose no political threat.

These two groups are not the same and should not be viewed similarly. This nation is not an international free-for-all.

This being said, everyone should come here legally.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:49 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I disagree with the OP.

First, there is no such thing as "xenophobia", which implies an irrational fear of foreign immigrants. The term is an invention of the communist Left.

Any pushback to immigrants is based largely on rational reasons, and thus by definition it isn't a phobia.

There is an immoral and twisted ethic in this nation that holds that it is good that current minorities will one day gain most of the power in this country and even in Europe. The foundations for this ethic are muddy, and can be loosely stated to be "White people bad, brown people good".

However, there is no legitimate foundation for this ethic, especially considering that most of these non-White immigrants enjoy countries that are run by their ethnic groups.

Mexicans are a group that bolster a minority demographic in this nation that instigates for political instability and, ultimately, full power. The so called "phobia" in regard to this population is not a phobia, but accounting.

Easter European immigrants blend into the majority, and thus they pose no political threat.

These two groups are not the same and should not be viewed similarly. This nation is not an international free-for-all.

This being said, everyone should come here legally.

Good post. It always gets me when you are called a xenophobic for opposing illegal immigration and yet embrace legal immigration. So where's this so-called fear of strangers?

Old 03-07-2016, 10:49 AM

5,464 posts, read 2,301,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?

Mkae no mistake... It isn't "right wing zealots" that want to allow people (anyone) to get away with criminal activities... it's Progressive Leftists that want that.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:01 AM

13,163 posts, read 10,580,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Mkae no mistake... It isn't "right wing zealots" that want to allow people (anyone) to get away with criminal activities... it's Progressive Leftists that want that.

Think of what you are saying. What Party was the last Party to grant 'official' amnesty? While Obama is currently 'granting' amnesty through Presidential decree; the Democrats, when in control of both WH and Congress, did not grant amnesty.

As far as I see; both Parties have been having a party at taxpayer expense. One wants cheap votes and the other one wants cheap labor - but both Parties are sharing the same bed. Many times I think the Parties are cross-dressers! The only 'taboo' to our friendly politicians is supporting the people that actually voted them into office!

Old 03-07-2016, 05:07 PM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Think of what you are saying. What Party was the last Party to grant 'official' amnesty? While Obama is currently 'granting' amnesty through Presidential decree; the Democrats, when in control of both WH and Congress, did not grant amnesty.

As far as I see; both Parties have been having a party at taxpayer expense. One wants cheap votes and the other one wants cheap labor - but both Parties are sharing the same bed. Many times I think the Parties are cross-dressers! The only 'taboo' to our friendly politicians is supporting the people that actually voted them into office!

One correction here both parties like the cheap labor. It's not just a Republican thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or