U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 04:43 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times

Advertisements

Maybe "fat lou" has federal reps and senators like we do here. They don't care. Big business runs our state, Kansas. The state is going in the pooper because of the way it is being run. No one wants to relocate to the 3rd world. Illegals come in. Everyone else gets out when they can.

The illegals here are taking jobs in most fields now here. A few employers have started to e-verify but some use temp agencies and the temp agencies do not e-verify.

The problem is and has been finding someone that cares or will even discuss the problem of illegal immigration and along comes Trump..............

Someone has to be very foolish to believe that citizens buy into the "racist", "brown", "xenophobia" trap. We don't dislike the illegal aliens, we just want them to haul tail back to their country of origin. All of them. Every single one! I'm saving cardboard boxes to donate for their trip home, and I'll even buy miles of tape so they can tape them shut!

I cannot imagine how wonderful it would be..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 04:44 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I get a sense that a lot of the outrage against immigrants is a thinly veiled assault on the other--like when Trump says that Mexicans are raping.

Everyone wants to beat up on the brown people but not the scamming and hustling Russian con artists who do worse damage per capita then the the average Latin immigrant.

Having known more than a few Eastern Europeans, many of them are taking advantage of our immigration laws. They don;t respect rule-of-law because where they come from the system is to be exploited. They basically stay here through sham marriages and false declarations.

I think that many of you say you want the law applied equally but would make an exception for the cute little blonde girl that said she was politically oppressed in Ukraine for being a lesbian and qualifies for refugee status.

If a man wants to bring over a foreign wife then that's ok but she needs to stay married to him for 5 years or she should be automatically deported.

I say keep them all out.

Pulling the race card in here makes me question your motives. Did you not see my prior post where I stated that conservatives or otherwise want "all" illegals gone not just those who are Latinos? Some Mexican illegals have committed rape. The fact that they are the largest group here illegally would increase those odds for that group.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Not sure about the validity of your stats....

Also, just because you know of something does not mean that you have full visibility on the issue.

You strike me as a fox news watcher.

I have a question for you: who do you think has a more deleterious impact on society? The guy who robs a liquor store or the welfare queen who gets a few extra hot dogs or the surgeon that over bills the insurance company for procedures never performed?

Answer that and I can engage you further.

I don't support the mass immigration of Middle Easterners to the USA. This is a liberal democratic Christian nation and it should remain so.

I am not racist in the slightest bit. I am more about values than anything else. I just think that often the linkage between anti-immigration and fear of the other is too closely linked.
Who's anti-"immigration"? This is about illegal immigration. Fear of the other? We already have every possible ethnic group, race and nationality living here legally so what do you mean by that? Should we fear those who come to our country illegally? Of course we should because we have no idea who they are or what their intentions are. It has nothing to do with their race, ethnicity or nationality it's about our laws and keeping our country safe.

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-29-2016 at 04:59 PM..

Old 01-29-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Actually, Obama did no such thing. He has admitted to cooking the books when it comes to those deportation figures. Besides, even if it was true, he negated it all by dictating DACA and DAPA. With DAPA, the Fifth Circuit Court issued an injunction prohibiting him from enacting it. He disobeyed the injunction and gave amnesty to some applicants.

Obama DHS Admits Cooking The Books On Deportations - Fox Nation

One Old Vet LA Times Admits Obama is “Cooking the Books” on Deportation Numbers - One Old Vet

Smith: Administration Cooking the Books on Immigration Enforcement - Press Releases - Judiciary Committee

I would only add to your facts that since Obama gave a stay of deportation for thousands of so-called Dreamers and also for 5 million illegals here with U.S. born kids along with work permits his deportation record is dismal.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:01 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,723,490 times
I'm an equal opportunity hater! I want them all sent back to whatever s#!#hole they came from, whether directly south of us or across the seas. Not one of them belongs here. Around here (about 1000 miles from Mexico, and god knows how many from Eastern Europe such as Romania, Ukraine and Russia), the illegal latinos work on the farms, construction and chicken plants and the eastern Europeans work in all the restaurants amusement parks and other assorted touristy places.

The only difference is that for a couple month's in the summer, some of the Eastern European's are legally here on work visa'S (though I don't like the idea it is legal) but come September and their time to go a good bit of them conveniently "forget" to go to the airport so then they become permanent illegals looking for some American to buy a marriage with and never go back. More jobs taken from Americans. At least the quality restaurants and popular bars/nightclubs still hire Americans here but for how long who knows as it is difficult for an American or Legal resident to get their foot in the door in all the lower grade tourist spots!

Old 01-29-2016, 06:14 PM

1,697 posts, read 1,030,803 times
Quote:
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
Why don't you stick your foolish insults and comments. Get after it, deport whoever, stop all immigration legal and illegal. If you think I want a bunch of crooked russians in here, you are far more foolish than your remarks indicate.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:15 PM

2,439 posts, read 1,034,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It would be better if you told that to your federal representatives and senators, instead of posting it on an internet forum that lacks any power to alter immigration laws.
Immigration is a factor in whom I vote for. Unfortunately, presidential candidates who want to enforce our immigration laws are thin on the ground.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:21 PM

10,710 posts, read 3,742,867 times
Quote:
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
Faux issue. The immigration laws should have been enforced against all illegal immigrants. They were not. Old American custom.

The -problem has therefore grown complex and immense. There is actually no indication that the US is either willing or able to actually deport the illegal.

To do so will require many years and billions of dollars and will have enough unintended consequences to sink a ship.

You need specific legislation to let you sock it to these Russians aqnd Eastern Europeans who have annoyed you. Maybe a special number you can call to have the unworthy picked up and deported if they dare offend you.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:24 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,450,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
In April, the Los Angeles Times wrote:

A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data. Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-statistics/

Uh; then I'm guessing the Wash Post and LA Times are like Fox news then?
Better than Fox! I still prefer to get the info at its source. Are we talking pure numbers or percent? Also, what's the impetus for this?

You guys have got to learn to think critically....to deconstruct an article and seek truth in the underlying assumptions.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:26 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,450,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I think your thread title is grotesquely misleading.

There's nothing xenophobic about the enforcement of immigration laws. My maternal grandparents had to follow the laws, and so did my 4x paternal great-grandfather, so should everyone else.

That's funny.

I wonder how many people actually got it.

It would be better if you told that to your federal representatives and senators, instead of posting it on an internet forum that lacks any power to alter immigration laws.
Well, laws can be unjust....say the Nuremburg laws in Germany...we are getting off topic here though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or