U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 07:54 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Good points. You are correct that by turning up the heat many will voluntarily leave.

I don't think it would be hard to positively identify someone for deportation purposes.

The tearing up of families will be a nightmare. I would focus the least amount of LE resources on blended families. if they have American kids they should be allowed to stay.

Didn't President Eisenhower deport all the illegals one week in the the 1950s?

No, they shouldn't be able to stay just because they have kids here. Didn't you initially say that you wanted all illegals deported? You speak with forked tongue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 08:45 PM

300 posts, read 196,922 times
All illegal aliens should be booted out. No matter what race.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:05 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Good points. You are correct that by turning up the heat many will voluntarily leave.

I don't think it would be hard to positively identify someone for deportation purposes.

The tearing up of families will be a nightmare. I would focus the least amount of LE resources on blended families. if they have American kids they should be allowed to stay.

The original, teary eyed, "breaking up of families" came from young men south of the border who decided to quit sending money back and create a new life here after they became border jumpers.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:02 AM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The original, teary eyed, "breaking up of families" came from young men south of the border who decided to quit sending money back and create a new life here after they became border jumpers.
True. However, there are also women who leave their kids with relatives and then sneak in here. When here, they find a new baby daddy and then birth anchor babies.

Men and women who behave this way are truly despicable.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:14 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,450,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, they shouldn't be able to stay just because they have kids here. Didn't you initially say that you wanted all illegals deported? You speak with forked tongue.
Having thought about the tertiary impact of this I altered my opinion.

You don't want to have a bunch of kids dumped onto the public assistance programs. Kids that grow up in the system normally enter the system later as adults.

Who do you expect to pay for the upbringing of these American citizen kids whose parents were deported? It will just create a bunch of criminals and add to an impoverished dysfunctional underclass.

is this fair, no? But it's smart public policy.

The laws about birth-right citizenship are unlikely to change so we must design policy which is advantageous to the Republic.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:11 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,122,268 times
Quote:

Yes, I think Ike deported 3 million. I don't know how long that took.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:30 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Having thought about the tertiary impact of this I altered my opinion.

You don't want to have a bunch of kids dumped onto the public assistance programs. Kids that grow up in the system normally enter the system later as adults.

Who do you expect to pay for the upbringing of these American citizen kids whose parents were deported? It will just create a bunch of criminals and add to an impoverished dysfunctional underclass.

is this fair, no? But it's smart public policy.

The laws about birth-right citizenship are unlikely to change so we must design policy which is advantageous to the Republic.

The whole family can leave together. At least decent parents should take their minor kids with them so I am not understanding what you mean about them being dumped on public assistance. Many of these illegal parents are already receiving government handouts for their U.S. born kids anyway.

I think as time goes by in the not too distant future we will see birthright citizenship interpreted the way it was meant to be instead of the farce of the PC policy not based on the Constitution that we see today. How is this continued joke being an advantage to our country or our citizens?

Old 01-31-2016, 12:38 PM

8,989 posts, read 7,079,711 times
IMO, the key word is "illegal".
IMO, that means they broke the law.
IMO, that makes them CRIMINALS!
We have more than plenty home-grown criminals, we don't need to import them.
Therefore, we need to DEport them.
simple, isn't it...

As for Mid-East "refugees", we must have a method of ensuring that they are ready to become peaceful citizens of this country. Once they convince us that they are, they should be welcomed with open arms. If/when they show that they are NOT peaceful, we should just kill them (OK, that is a little excessive. The point is, we MUST find a way to prove that we are not allowing foxes or weasels into the hen house!)

Old 02-01-2016, 08:59 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
All illegal immigrants should be deported and immigration law violations should be punished harshly without regard to race, religion, or national origin.

In other words: No special treatment for any one group.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:55 AM

10,699 posts, read 3,742,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Yes, I think Ike deported 3 million. I don't know how long that took.
More like 250,000 including a number of American Citizens. And it is likely that many if not most simply came back again.

Trump: Eisenhower deported 1.5 million immigrants | PolitiFact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or