Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 01:27 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I'm of Finnish ancestry and I would be equally annoyed if I heard Finnish constantly around me (without bothering to learn English) and they were having more children than they could afford to feed etc. and Finns are about the blondest bluest eyes people on the planet.

My issue is with our government and the activists even more than the people sneaking over or overstaying their visa. If they want to let in more people legally then make it so but enforce the law. Right now we have a backed up bottleneck for people who come here legally with wait times and fees etc. My English husband dealt with it when he came over and it was very challenging. We didn't mind going through the wringer for him to be here (and he has since become a citizen) but the fact that he did things legally dotting every i and crossing every t lest he be denied, and had to show a physical X-ray along with his immunization records, while thousands come over over not even immunized and authorities look the other way is crazy making!

"Line cutting" is unfair to those all over the world who who are doing it the right way and it creates resentment in our society which is not good.

Europe is done. Finished. The day they let hordes of Muslims rush their borders and claim asylum they self-crucified. Too bad.

Mass Immigration increases racism and the true racists are the ones that let a bunch of people in that don't respect the host nation's values and hold views which represent the antithesis of Europe. I have no clue why the idiot Europeans allowed this to happen.

Europe is done. The US may not be.

I agree that we need to enforce our borders and deport those that break our laws....but the upperclass relies on immigrants to suppress wages...do you really think a unionized American built Mitt Rommney's elevator in his mansion?

people knock Obama, but he actually deported more folks that W did. he hired more CPD and increased enforcement budget too...that's a fact. What his polices are and what his image in the media is don't really jibe. he talks like a liberal but is to the right of W on more than a few issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I had a Polish drinking buddy who was an illegal alien. He was here for years and eventually deported. As he should have been. I miss the guy, but a modern, first-world country should have immigration and citizenship laws.
Ok, that's fair. You are rational.

I want to hear from someone who says we should deport the Latinos in the middle of the knight but ignore the Russians in Brighton Beach who scam our system daily.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Ok, that's fair. You are rational.

I want to hear from someone who says we should deport the Latinos in the middle of the knight but ignore the Russians in Brighton Beach who scam our system daily.
You'll be waiting in vain

Old 01-29-2016, 02:33 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:

people knock Obama, but he actually deported more folks that W did. he hired more CPD and increased enforcement budget too...that's a fact. What his polices are and what his image in the media is don't really jibe. he talks like a liberal but is to the right of W on more than a few issues.

Actually, Obama did no such thing. He has admitted to cooking the books when it comes to those deportation figures. Besides, even if it was true, he negated it all by dictating DACA and DAPA. With DAPA, the Fifth Circuit Court issued an injunction prohibiting him from enacting it. He disobeyed the injunction and gave amnesty to some applicants.

Obama DHS Admits Cooking The Books On Deportations - Fox Nation

One Old Vet LA Times Admits Obama is “Cooking the Books” on Deportation Numbers - One Old Vet

Smith: Administration Cooking the Books on Immigration Enforcement - Press Releases - Judiciary Committee

Old 01-29-2016, 02:49 PM

7,492 posts, read 5,744,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's reform to you? Ring wing zealots? I don't know of single conservative that doesn't want all illegals sent back home. As for Latinos they are the largest group by far here illegally and that is the only reason they get more of the attention.
I know ALOT of democrats that want them gone as well.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Actually, Obama did no such thing. He has admitted to cooking the books when it comes to those deportation figures. Besides, even if it was true, he negated it all by dictating DACA and DAPA. With DAPA, the Fifth Circuit Court issued an injunction prohibiting him from enacting it. He disobeyed the injunction and gave amnesty to some applicants.

Obama DHS Admits Cooking The Books On Deportations - Fox Nation

One Old Vet LA Times Admits Obama is “Cooking the Books†on Deportation Numbers - One Old Vet

Smith: Administration Cooking the Books on Immigration Enforcement - Press Releases - Judiciary Committee
You quoted fox news and some other unreputable sources. Find some raw numbers and then we will talk...Get your data from the source and not through 3rd or 4th parties.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
You quoted fox news and some other unreputable sources. Find some raw numbers and then we will talk...Get your data from the source and not through 3rd or 4th parties.
In April, the Los Angeles Times wrote:

A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data. Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-statistics/

Uh; then I'm guessing the Wash Post and LA Times are like Fox news then?

Old 01-29-2016, 04:20 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Not sure about the validity of your stats....

Also, just because you know of something does not mean that you have full visibility on the issue.

You strike me as a fox news watcher.

I have a question for you: who do you think has a more deleterious impact on society? The guy who robs a liquor store or the welfare queen who gets a few extra hot dogs or the surgeon that over bills the insurance company for procedures never performed?

Answer that and I can engage you further.

I don't support the mass immigration of Middle Easterners to the USA. This is a liberal democratic Christian nation and it should remain so.

I am not racist in the slightest bit. I am more about values than anything else. I just think that often the linkage between anti-immigration and fear of the other is too closely linked.
This is the illegal immigration forum. I have no real interest in whether you "engage" with me further. Your question has nothing to do with Illegal Immigration.

Of course, it would be my "stats". "Not a creditable" source, been there and done that.

I live among the illegals. I see and experience what they are doing to our country. They are criminals and need to be deported.

Rhetorical questions: Has someone in your family lost a job to an illegal alien? Was your child denied adequate speech therapy because English as a Second Language was sucking up all the Special Education funds? Is your town turning into a 3rd world dive? Have you had pit bulls come after your leashed dogs from a yard flying the flag of Mexico while the owners stood in the yard? They could be legal, ah, no they aren't. Do you have to worry about hit and run accidents because the illegal population doesn't stop when they hit you or your property? We have constant dog bites and hit-and-runs in this town. Are you seeing Medicaid cuts to people in your state that have disabilities because the anchor babies and emergency care for illegals is sucking down all the Medicaid funding? Is the school 2 blocks from the teaching college in your state rating a 3 out of 10 with 10 being the high point? This is a smaller town of 25,000 people. Illegals are destroying entire towns. Adding: Lice and bedbugs infestations where illegal populations reside!!!

I am not going to debate enforcement of our immigration law. It is the law. We are being infested by these people. Don't even talk about racism either. I have watched blacks treated like dirt by the same people that fall to their knees to worship the illegals that have infested our country. And, never ever compare what blacks went through in this country to the illegal aliens because that shows nothing but ignorance, racism and some other things I can't say on a public forum.

I see that BOSIAD's sources aren't good enough also which means that we are encountering one of the following: illegal sympathizer, illegal exploiter or an illegal themselves.

Bottom line is the law: http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/201...-presence.html

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 01-29-2016 at 04:35 PM..

Old 01-29-2016, 04:26 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:

Uh...The Judiciary.house.gov link is "unreputable"[sic]?

If you looked at all the links, you also would have seen that one of them had a link to a Los Angeles Times article.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:34 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

What do you think?
I think your thread title is grotesquely misleading.

There's nothing xenophobic about the enforcement of immigration laws. My maternal grandparents had to follow the laws, and so did my 4x paternal great-grandfather, so should everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; illegal aliens, I want ALL of their kind gone, NOT just Spanish speaking Indians. Period.
That's funny.

I wonder how many people actually got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I miss the guy, but a modern, first-world country should have immigration and citizenship laws.
It would be better if you told that to your federal representatives and senators, instead of posting it on an internet forum that lacks any power to alter immigration laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration