Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 06:28 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Pulling the race card in here makes me question your motives. Did you not see my prior post where I stated that conservatives or otherwise want "all" illegals gone not just those who are Latinos? Some Mexican illegals have committed rape. The fact that they are the largest group here illegally would increase those odds for that group.
Huh, I didn't know that EEs were a race..or even Latinos for that matter.

No race card pulled here. I am white by the way.

And no conservatives don't want all illegals gone...in fact, the big business needs them to suppress wages...republican chamber of commerce types need them to bus the tables, clean the pool, build the buildings, etc...even trump used illegal Poles when building his buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
I'm an equal opportunity hater! I want them all sent back to whatever s#!#hole they came from, whether directly south of us or across the seas. Not one of them belongs here. Around here (about 1000 miles from Mexico, and god knows how many from Eastern Europe such as Romania, Ukraine and Russia), the illegal latinos work on the farms, construction and chicken plants and the eastern Europeans work in all the restaurants amusement parks and other assorted touristy places.

The only difference is that for a couple month's in the summer, some of the Eastern European's are legally here on work visa'S (though I don't like the idea it is legal) but come September and their time to go a good bit of them conveniently "forget" to go to the airport so then they become permanent illegals looking for some American to buy a marriage with and never go back. More jobs taken from Americans. At least the quality restaurants and popular bars/nightclubs still hire Americans here but for how long who knows as it is difficult for an American or Legal resident to get their foot in the door in all the lower grade tourist spots!
yeah, that's what I am talking about. They are all trying to lure some poor hard up American dude with their feminine goods and then divorce them once they get papers here.

The ones that afford lawyers really game the system.

The African lady that Domink Strauss Kahn raped lied on her immigration papers to get asylum and she said that she was coached to do so.

It seems like nobody respects our immigration laws. The brown folks just rush the border and the Eastern Euros pervade our system and make a mockery of our laws.

I think we should have temporary work visas valid for 3 years then one must return to the country or origin and reapply again.

I wonder what Bernie Sanders feels about immigration?

Old 01-29-2016, 06:41 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?

I think it is real progress to see folks like you expressing the statement in bold. And I can live with the attitude in the rest of the post because I know how important it is for many to use the immigration issue as a means of defining themselves as compassionate, fair, informed, hip, etc. individuals who are good people and absolutely, positively not racist, in contrast with those other white people...

Old 01-29-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Faux issue. The immigration laws should have been enforced against all illegal immigrants. They were not. Old American custom.

The -problem has therefore grown complex and immense. There is actually no indication that the US is either willing or able to actually deport the illegal.

To do so will require many years and billions of dollars and will have enough unintended consequences to sink a ship.

You need specific legislation to let you sock it to these Russians aqnd Eastern Europeans who have annoyed you. Maybe a special number you can call to have the unworthy picked up and deported if they dare offend you.
Sadly, USG is not interested in individuals scamming the system...only in fraud rings.....LE does not have the rescources to pursue tips from a Stassi Hotline.

A buddy of mine is a DS Agent who worked Visa fraud in NYC and he said that the Domincans would do it again and again but the SDNY federal prosecutors would not take the case and prosecute.

He was very frustrated.

Please explain what the unintended consequences would be of deporting all the illegals.

I would vote for Trump if he could actually do this.

Didn't Ike do this before?

Old 01-29-2016, 07:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Better than Fox! I still prefer to get the info at its source. Are we talking pure numbers or percent? Also, what's the impetus for this?

You guys have got to learn to think critically....to deconstruct an article and seek truth in the underlying assumptions.
Does it matter? I ain't playing your game, sorry.

The facts are more and more Americans want illegal aliens GONE and, want those people who protect illegals to face justice.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:33 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Sadly, USG is not interested in individuals scamming the system...only in fraud rings.....LE does not have the rescources to pursue tips from a Stassi Hotline.

A buddy of mine is a DS Agent who worked Visa fraud in NYC and he said that the Domincans would do it again and again but the SDNY federal prosecutors would not take the case and prosecute.

He was very frustrated.

Please explain what the unintended consequences would be of deporting all the illegals.

I would vote for Trump if he could actually do this.

Didn't Ike do this before?
Well the first problem is whether there is any workable way to deport the illegal aliens. Certainly you can get a couple of million and in that process another couple of million will chose to leave rather than risk it. But you get to the second half? Now it gets tough. They don't wish to go and play games with identity and actually physically refuse to leave. Now what? How do you tell the legals from the illegals when all are protecting the illegals?

Unintended consequences?

You shift off two to four million kids who are American citizens off to the country of their parents. They mostly do badly as they are not easily integrated and, while they may speak the language, they lack the basic education of the culture so they do badly...

Them they turn 18 and return to the US. What becomes of them? A large young class of people arriving lacking basic skills and somewhat hostile. What happens with them? Nothing good. A billion crimes later we reabsorb them?

Old 01-30-2016, 01:25 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Well the first problem is whether there is any workable way to deport the illegal aliens. Certainly you can get a couple of million and in that process another couple of million will chose to leave rather than risk it. But you get to the second half? Now it gets tough. They don't wish to go and play games with identity and actually physically refuse to leave. Now what? How do you tell the legals from the illegals when all are protecting the illegals?

Unintended consequences?

You shift off two to four million kids who are American citizens off to the country of their parents. They mostly do badly as they are not easily integrated and, while they may speak the language, they lack the basic education of the culture so they do badly...

Them they turn 18 and return to the US. What becomes of them? A large young class of people arriving lacking basic skills and somewhat hostile. What happens with them? Nothing good. A billion crimes later we reabsorb them?
Who says they would do badly in their home countries? They will actually do better being bilingual with an American education under their belts, and the teenagers may have some work experience in America, and the families with have some American cash. As far as how easily they integrate back into their home society, that is a problem for the parents who started this whole mess. Illegal aliens already cluster in monoethnic neighborhoods in the United States that are mini versions of their home countries anyway. When the kids go back with them, that culture won't be as foreign to them as you think. The younger they are the more adaptable they will be anyway.

I'm confused as to why you assume deported anchor babies would return to the U.S. as adults to commit "a billion crimes." Many illegals are already raising their children to be hostile against the U.S. for even MENTIONING borders and legal status, while at the same time living here and sucking up benefits. We can't let other people's anger and self-entitlement hold us hostage. Nor should be shape immigration policy based on future, potential, imagined crimes.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:07 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Huh, I didn't know that EEs were a race..or even Latinos for that matter.

No race card pulled here. I am white by the way.

And no conservatives don't want all illegals gone...in fact, the big business needs them to suppress wages...republican chamber of commerce types need them to bus the tables, clean the pool, build the buildings, etc...even trump used illegal Poles when building his buildings.

I didn't say that they were. You were the one who brought up race not me. Law abiding conservatives want them gone and we are the majority of conservatives in this country not the corrupt ones. Democrat business owners are just as guilty of wanting illegal aliens here to increase their profits. Where is your proof that Trump knowingly had illegal aliens working in any of his businesses?

Old 01-30-2016, 06:10 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Well, laws can be unjust....say the Nuremburg laws in Germany...we are getting off topic here though.

You say that you want all illegal deported and then you say laws can be unjust?

Old 01-30-2016, 07:35 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:

Unintended consequences?

E verify, no more birthright for any US born kid unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen, allow the cops and judges to go after ANY "known" illegal alien, English ONLY for welfare and so on. Word will get out that it ain't safe to be here in the US and, MOST will leave like yesterday. The few hard heads left WILL lay real low and shut up.

Any of those anchor kids come back when they turn 18? If those people break the law; nail them and HARD. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration