Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 01:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,097,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I get a sense that a lot of the outrage against immigrants is a thinly veiled assault on the other--like when Trump says that Mexicans are raping.

Everyone wants to beat up on the brown people but not the scamming and hustling Russian con artists who do worse damage per capita then the the average Latin immigrant.

Having known more than a few Eastern Europeans, many of them are taking advantage of our immigration laws. They don;t respect rule-of-law because where they come from the system is to be exploited. They basically stay here through sham marriages and false declarations.

I think that many of you say you want the law applied equally but would make an exception for the cute little blonde girl that said she was politically oppressed in Ukraine for being a lesbian and qualifies for refugee status.

If a man wants to bring over a foreign wife then that's ok but she needs to stay married to him for 5 years or she should be automatically deported.

I say keep them all out.
^ this

Here on Long Island we have tons of illegal immigrants from Ireland and Eastern Europe (aka the former USSR) but yet whenever people speak against illegal immigration it's always about Hispanics (whom these bigots lump together as "Mexicans"). I have long suspected that only reason illegal immigration became the issue it is is due to the fact the most are Hispanic. If they were all Irish, Ukranian, or Polish you can bet your life it wouldent even be an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 01:38 PM

22,431 posts, read 11,950,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this

Here on Long Island we have tons of illegal immigrants from Ireland and Eastern Europe (aka the former USSR) but yet whenever people speak against illegal immigration it's always about Hispanics (whom these bigots lump together as "Mexicans"). I have long suspected that only reason illegal immigration became the issue it is is due to the fact the most are Hispanic. If they were all Irish, Ukranian, or Polish you can bet your life it wouldent even be an issue.
"If they were all Irish, Ukranian[sic] or Polish"---you can bet your life that it would be an issue. You also are aware that the vast majority of illegal aliens are of Hispanic descent. Since that's the way it is, obviously, they get the most attention. If most of the illegals were from those 3 countries in your example, then they would get the most attention. I have family on LI and believe me, they want all illegals gone no matter what race, religion or ethnicity they are.

I don't know anyone who has said something like "Kick out all the Hispanic illegals but let the non-Hispanic illegals stay". There are illegal aliens here who are from the country of my non-Hispanic grandparents. Guess what? I want all of them gone from this country. My half-Irish husband will tell anyone who asks that Irish illegals have no business being here and need to go back to Ireland.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:43 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,360,700 times
Quote:
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
Of course they should ALL be deported. It's only left wing zealots who try to make it racist (as usual) and claim (lie) that conservatives only want hispanics deported. Kick out the illegal Swedes, Brits and Canadians along with the illegal Mexicans.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:51 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,360,700 times
Quote:

people knock Obama, but he actually deported more folks that W did. he hired more CPD and increased enforcement budget too...that's a fact. What his polices are and what his image in the media is don't really jibe. he talks like a liberal but is to the right of W on more than a few issues.
People knock Obama because he's a liar. The only way he "deported" more illegals than Bush is by counting "deportation" differently.

Lou Dobbs: Obama administration 'manipulated deportation data' | PunditFact

You think the Sanctuary City President in Chief is right of Bush?

Obama vows to veto sanctuary city crackdown - Washington Times

Old 01-30-2016, 02:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,869,768 times
Quote:
^ this

I haven't read a post yet where anyone said all illegals except Irish,Polish, Ukranian or Scandinavians should be deported.
Hispanics get the focus because and I'm spitballing here, because they account for the vast majority of illegals. Mexicans take a rape because, they are also the majority of hispanic illegals and the majority of hispanic illegals entered by crossing our border with Mexico. It isn't racist to point out fact.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:00 PM

33,218 posts, read 12,452,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
People knock Obama because he's a liar. The only way he "deported" more illegals than Bush is by counting "deportation" differently.

Lou Dobbs: Obama administration 'manipulated deportation data' | PunditFact

You think the Sanctuary City President in Chief is right of Bush?

Obama vows to veto sanctuary city crackdown - Washington Times
Thank you for finding and posting the links. The points you made in this post are exactly those that came to my mind when I first glanced at this thread much earlier in the day.

IMO, the POTUS and the Senators who voted no will have the blood of future victims who could have been spared on their hands.

RIP Kate. Hopefully the the attention your murder brought to this issue will help bring about change with a different person in the White House.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:13 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 15 days ago)

27,611 posts, read 16,094,574 times
Quote:
^ this

Bull S## The day they marched across the country waving their flag turned a lot of people off big time. Which foreign flag didnt matter but it so happened to be the mesican one.. Alls we see outside of your tiny world happen to be hispanic.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:25 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,988,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Well the first problem is whether there is any workable way to deport the illegal aliens. Certainly you can get a couple of million and in that process another couple of million will chose to leave rather than risk it. But you get to the second half? Now it gets tough. They don't wish to go and play games with identity and actually physically refuse to leave. Now what? How do you tell the legals from the illegals when all are protecting the illegals?

Unintended consequences?

You shift off two to four million kids who are American citizens off to the country of their parents. They mostly do badly as they are not easily integrated and, while they may speak the language, they lack the basic education of the culture so they do badly...

Them they turn 18 and return to the US. What becomes of them? A large young class of people arriving lacking basic skills and somewhat hostile. What happens with them? Nothing good. A billion crimes later we reabsorb them?
Good points. You are correct that by turning up the heat many will voluntarily leave.

I don't think it would be hard to positively identify someone for deportation purposes.

The tearing up of families will be a nightmare. I would focus the least amount of LE resources on blended families. if they have American kids they should be allowed to stay.

Didn't President Eisenhower deport all the illegals one week in the the 1950s?

Old 01-30-2016, 07:28 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,988,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You say that you want all illegal deported and then you say laws can be unjust?
Yes, just because a law exists does not mean it is just, correct, moral, or valid.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:50 PM

62,835 posts, read 29,068,628 times
Quote:
Yes, just because a law exists does not mean it is just, correct, moral, or valid.

Give me an example of one in modern day times in our country's laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration