U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2016, 12:20 AM
 
Location: Bangkok, NYC, and LV
2,037 posts, read 2,449,780 times
Reputation: 1128

Advertisements

I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2016, 12:57 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,508 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Reputation: 6740
No argument here. Illegal immigration is wrong no matter which country you come from. The focus has been on illegal immigration from our southern border since that is the largest group, but yes I've heard of the Albanian and Russian illegals being a huge criminal underclass too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2016, 02:18 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
Uh; illegal aliens, I want ALL of their kind gone, NOT just Spanish speaking Indians. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2016, 03:01 AM
 
11,475 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Reputation: 9856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; illegal aliens, I want ALL of their kind gone, NOT just Spanish speaking Indians. Period.
^I second this

It doesn't matter where in the world an illegal comes from. Nor does it matter if they sneaked across a border or overstayed a visa. They all have one thing in common and that is this---they have no business being here and need to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2016, 05:42 AM
 
31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?

What's reform to you? Ring wing zealots? I don't know of single conservative that doesn't want all illegals sent back home. As for Latinos they are the largest group by far here illegally and that is the only reason they get more of the attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2016, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Bangkok, NYC, and LV
2,037 posts, read 2,449,780 times
Reputation: 1128
I get a sense that a lot of the outrage against immigrants is a thinly veiled assault on the other--like when Trump says that Mexicans are raping.

Everyone wants to beat up on the brown people but not the scamming and hustling Russian con artists who do worse damage per capita then the the average Latin immigrant.

Having known more than a few Eastern Europeans, many of them are taking advantage of our immigration laws. They don;t respect rule-of-law because where they come from the system is to be exploited. They basically stay here through sham marriages and false declarations.

I think that many of you say you want the law applied equally but would make an exception for the cute little blonde girl that said she was politically oppressed in Ukraine for being a lesbian and qualifies for refugee status.

If a man wants to bring over a foreign wife then that's ok but she needs to stay married to him for 5 years or she should be automatically deported.

I say keep them all out.

Last edited by Datafeed; 01-29-2016 at 07:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2016, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Reputation: 18141
I am sorry but, seriously, not "brown" people again.

"Brown" people crimes: Rape Deniers: 9 Facts About Illegal Alien Crime The Media Covers Up - Breitbart and Examples of Serious Crimes by Illegal Aliens and Illegal Alien Rapists, Child Molesters Freed in U.S. Instead of Deported - Judicial Watch

In many parts of Mexico, the age of sexual consent is 12 years old. They appear to like them young. Illegal Aliens Committed 500 Child Sexual Assaults in North Carolina During January | Politics

Mexicans are entering the US without authorization more than any other group: Immigrant Population Hits Record 42.1 Million in Second Quarter of 2015 | Center for Immigration Studies


I live in a state that is predominantly "white" and this is our list of the most wanted: KBI - Kansas Bureau of Investigation - Kansas Most Wanted

Least we not forget those that have lost their lives to illegals: Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

And, for the OP, I hope that when enforcement starts that you will be turning in those that you know. I think this looks interesting: National Illegal Alien Database or you can start today since you appear to have valid details: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...legal-activity

They all need to go. They are ALL criminals. The reason the "brown" people stand out is because they are associated with the most violent of crimes. You do know that people from the Middle East are "brown" also? Also, those from most parts of Asia are "brown". Also, "brown" is not a race, a culture or a color that defines the people of any specific area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2016, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Bangkok, NYC, and LV
2,037 posts, read 2,449,780 times
Reputation: 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I am sorry but, seriously, not "brown" people again.

"Brown" people crimes: Rape Deniers: 9 Facts About Illegal Alien Crime The Media Covers Up - Breitbart and Examples of Serious Crimes by Illegal Aliens and Illegal Alien Rapists, Child Molesters Freed in U.S. Instead of Deported - Judicial Watch

In many parts of Mexico, the age of sexual consent is 12 years old. They appear to like them young. Illegal Aliens Committed 500 Child Sexual Assaults in North Carolina During January | Politics

Mexicans are entering the US without authorization more than any other group: Immigrant Population Hits Record 42.1 Million in Second Quarter of 2015 | Center for Immigration Studies


I live in a state that is predominantly "white" and this is our list of the most wanted: KBI - Kansas Bureau of Investigation - Kansas Most Wanted

Least we not forget those that have lost their lives to illegals: Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

And, for the OP, I hope that when enforcement starts that you will be turning in those that you know. I think this looks interesting: National Illegal Alien Database or you can start today since you appear to have valid details: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...legal-activity

They all need to go. They are ALL criminals. The reason the "brown" people stand out is because they are associated with the most violent of crimes. You do know that people from the Middle East are "brown" also? Also, those from most parts of Asia are "brown". Also, "brown" is not a race, a culture or a color that defines the people of any specific area.

Not sure about the validity of your stats....

Also, just because you know of something does not mean that you have full visibility on the issue.

You strike me as a fox news watcher.

I have a question for you: who do you think has a more deleterious impact on society? The guy who robs a liquor store or the welfare queen who gets a few extra hot dogs or the surgeon that over bills the insurance company for procedures never performed?

Answer that and I can engage you further.

I don't support the mass immigration of Middle Easterners to the USA. This is a liberal democratic Christian nation and it should remain so.

I am not racist in the slightest bit. I am more about values than anything else. I just think that often the linkage between anti-immigration and fear of the other is too closely linked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2016, 10:23 AM
 
3,025 posts, read 2,860,407 times
Reputation: 3361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post

I think that many of you say you want the law applied equally but would make an exception for the cute little blonde girl that said she was politically oppressed in Ukraine for being a lesbian and qualifies for refugee status.

I say keep them all out.
I'm of Finnish ancestry and I would be equally annoyed if I heard Finnish constantly around me (without bothering to learn English) and they were having more children than they could afford to feed etc. and Finns are about the blondest bluest eyes people on the planet.

My issue is with our government and the activists even more than the people sneaking over or overstaying their visa. If they want to let in more people legally then make it so but enforce the law. Right now we have a backed up bottleneck for people who come here legally with wait times and fees etc. My English husband dealt with it when he came over and it was very challenging. We didn't mind going through the wringer for him to be here (and he has since become a citizen) but the fact that he did things legally dotting every i and crossing every t lest he be denied, and had to show a physical X-ray along with his immunization records, while thousands come over over not even immunized and authorities look the other way is crazy making!

"Line cutting" is unfair to those all over the world who who are doing it the right way and it creates resentment in our society which is not good.

Last edited by Podo944; 01-29-2016 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2016, 11:42 AM
 
2,439 posts, read 1,033,810 times
Reputation: 1355
I had a Polish drinking buddy who was an illegal alien. He was here for years and eventually deported. As he should have been. I miss the guy, but a modern, first-world country should have immigration and citizenship laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top