U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I respectfully disagree.

Our Federal government may be inept; but, the states, more and more, are stepping up and basically putting the MEChA* types into their place.

*Racist 'brown' versions of the KKK.

And; if I were Mexico I would worry greatly about losing more and more of my country to the Gringos
I wouldn't go as far as naming brown supremacists versions of the KKK, its way more political now-a-days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 04:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Yes AB, I agree with you 100%

I was being sarcstic

Old 02-07-2008, 04:30 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I wouldn't go as far as naming brown supremacists versions of the KKK, its way more political now-a-days.
A 'supremacist' is just that----------no matter what their external apperance is.

I see little/no difference in basic attitudes between any of 'em.

And; despite none of them admitting to it, most 'supremacists' tend to overlap---------Nazi Lowriders and MEChA can have the same members.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:01 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
BUSH bypassed CONGRESS ?....I'm Shocked !!You mean he just did what he WANTED, and didn't seek approval?.....Guess that makes him "The Decider"....

Old 02-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I believe some of MEChA's detractors call them the "Que?....Que?...Que?"....(Sort of a bunch of "cuellos rojos", you might say)...

Old 02-07-2008, 06:40 PM

1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
BUSH bypassed CONGRESS ?....I'm Shocked !!You mean he just did what he WANTED, and didn't seek approval?.....Guess that makes him "The Decider"....
...ha ha..

Unconstitutional actions are mere fodder for your amusement...

....it's not any wonder he thinks he can do it with impunity.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
...ha ha..

Unconstitutional actions are mere fodder for your amusement...

....it's not any wonder he thinks he can do it with impunity.
I do weep, privately, believe me. My country is very dear to me...

Old 02-07-2008, 10:41 PM

1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I do weep, privately, believe me. My country is very dear to me...
Do any of your Congressmen take much note of your 'weeping'?

I don't mean to be so crass, but where is the action and mobilization to correct what's clearly contributory to all the other problems we have?

People on this forum seem to think they're at some spearpoint of a movement to take back their country, but it looks like they're fairly selective about what they want to see as contributing to their conception of what ails them.

Have you written to your Congressmen and registered your concern about Bush's abuse of executive power?

His abuse in one arena is emblematic of his abuse in another, just as he obviated the Congress' power of the purse, he obviated the Congress' actions denying him his guest worker program.

In both cases, he's declared himself a unitary ruler, if we don't react in the both instances, what makes anyone think he'll respond in either case,

...or for that matter, what message are we sending to the spineless Congressmen who won't stand up to him?.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:53 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
I've been writing to Congress for the last several years, I've got the Capitol switchboard on speed-dial and I use the NumbersUSA free faxing service, as well. My Reps. know EXACTLY how I feel about Bush's abuse of power, and they know EXACTLY what I think of their job performance.

It's cathartic...

Old 02-08-2008, 07:04 AM

16,700 posts, read 18,913,643 times
Bush is an idiot.. he says we must STOP farm subsidies in his State of Union address and here he is trying to pass a huge farm subsidy secretly.... I don't trust Bush anymore.. actually I never trusted that loser...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration