U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think that we are more aware of hispanic illegal immigrants, at least in florida, because a lot of them do not speak english. there are probably illegal immigrants here from other countries, but i have not met any or seen any personally. yes, i would turn them all in if i knew it because it is breaking the law and we are a country that has succceeded, up to this point, partially on its laws. btw, i would turn in american employers if i could prove that they were breaking the law just as quickly.
One man emailed my church to do an ICE sweep after the "dia de la virgien de guadalupe" (day of the virgin mary). I was stunned..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Prologic might have a point. We never bash Illegal European immigrants.
It wasn't until the protests and walk outs and demands when I got really pissed off about it I was always irritated but not to the extent I am now. I am sorry but you cant come here take what you want, hurt who you want disrespect us and then DEMAND you "Rights" which you don,t have in the first place. F them, go home if you don't like the laws. I never have seen illegal Europeans speak against us, and there numbers are extremely small so it is hard to include them. But same should apply, go home and wait your turn. They have no excuse, I checked it out, it costs about 1500 to become a citizen. Those here for years have NO EXCUSE. If they can pay a smuggler, they can pay there way here legally.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:51 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
It wasn't until the protests and walk outs and demands when I got really pissed off about it I was always irritated but not to the extent I am now. I am sorry but you cant come here take what you want, hurt who you want disrespect us and then DEMAND you "Rights" which you don,t have in the first place. F them, go home if you don't like the laws. I never have seen illegal Europeans speak against us, and there numbers are extremely small so it is hard to include them. But same should apply, go home and wait your turn. They have no excuse, I checked it out, it costs about 1500 to become a citizen. Those here for years have NO EXCUSE. If they can pay a smuggler, they can pay there way here legally.
South America as a whole is our neighbor, that is why there is more immigration from those countries. there is less immigration of europeans and asians because it is so far away.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:53 PM

65 posts, read 108,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
good point!

some do pay.. they sneak over here, have some anchor kids, get on welfare, apply for citizenship, pay for it via Uncle welfare Sam.
Then some sneak over, steal a job, apply for citizenship, pay for it via stolen job.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:55 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
South America as a whole is our neighbor, that is why there is more immigration from those countries. there is less immigration of europeans and asians because it is so far away.

You don't need to try to school me on the reasons, I already know. Both sides of my family are immigrants.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:03 AM

407 posts, read 714,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Prologic might have a point. We never bash Illegal European immigrants.
I do and I dislike any illegal no matter where they are from. BTW, the majority of illegals in this country happen to be from Mexico. Sorry to tell it like it is.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
I do and I dislike any illegal no matter where they are from. BTW, the majority of illegals in this country happen to be from Mexico. Sorry to tell it like it is.
SO does that give everyone a free pass to be discriminatory or something?
Majority = Mexicans, means we have a right to single them out and lay our prejudices upon them.

I never understood why people repeat this comment, unless it is for that purpose alone.

Last edited by Mach50; 02-11-2008 at 10:02 AM..

Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not always true.

One big difference is that the typical illegal Euro flies 'under the radar' to avoid such a scenario,

In fact: I have never met an illegal from Europe that I was aware of.
I have met many illegals from Europe; Ireland, Britain all the way to Croatia. There are a lot of them in NYC and Miami.. definitely more on the East Coast.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:04 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,476,861 times
Mach50 that is true, we had a freind from Poland who came here on a student visa in 1990. He got a college degree in the IT field and was making a very good income. In 2001 he flew home to Poland for Christmas like he had done for many years but since this was post 9/11 upon his return to Miami he was detained at customs for having a expired visa. He contacted my family and they put him back on a plane. We had to settle his affairs here since he had a home, car, personal property, and finances to attend to.

We of course didn't know he was here illegaly and came as a huge shock but what was amazing is how much money he had in stocks! He cashed everything out to the tune of $150,000 and didn't pay a dime in capital gain or income taxes!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:15 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Mach50 that is true, we had a freind from Poland who came here on a student visa in 1990. He got a college degree in the IT field and was making a very good income. In 2001 he flew home to Poland for Christmas like he had done for many years but since this was post 9/11 upon his return to Miami he was detained at customs for having a expired visa. He contacted my family and they put him back on a plane. We had to settle his affairs here since he had a home, car, personal property, and finances to attend to.

We of course didn't know he was here illegaly and came as a huge shock but what was amazing is how much money he had in stocks! He cashed everything out to the tune of $150,000 and didn't pay a dime in capital gain or income taxes!
Those assets were gotten illegally and should have been forfeited!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration