U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:15 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times

Advertisements

all we ask is get here legally.. we all know that the reason there
is so much talk about illegal mexicans is simply because of the fact
that they over-all out number all other illegals combined, and when so
many are commiting violent acts, and americans are dying at the hands
of so many illegals, which are mostly mexican illegals.. you can not blame
americans for the way things are going because of them. Yes we have many
mexicans who are now legal as well.. most due to amnesty and 2nd generation of amnesty and anchors.. so be it, they are legal now. But what
many ONLY try to point out, is IF any illegal, which most are from mexico,, if they were not able to get across the border in the first place, many americans.. including mexican americans would not have lost a loved one at
the hands of those who should-not be here in the place. And of those
who did protest across this country were very racist and out right nasty,, this certainly did not help view them in a better lite either. We know many
mexican americans do not go around commiting crimes, we have many different nationalities in our prisons.. many, but we HAVE do deal with them
no matter who or what race they are IF they are americans. having to pay the bill for any illegal is not a choice we should have to burden. And it does bother me and many others that the main reason for so many mexicans in our country today, who are NOW legal, only got legal by way of amnesty or after the fact of entering illegally, then becoming legal down the road. We would not have had the amnesty issue but for the fact they entered illegally in the first place.. so now all are U.S. citizens,, we can live that. But knowing many others, may it be a relative, friend, or someone else who is or wants to come illegally is still not helping the "friendly" attitude that many mexican americans expect from other americans. Please, if you have relatives or friends that want to come here.. get them to do it the legal way. if you want other americans to have a better understanding towards the mostly mexican illegals.. there has to be a limit, and a higher understanding on your part as where we are coming from and what we think is being abusive and a burden needs to be controlled, so as less of a burden is put apon both, future legal immigrants and those of us now who are americans.. thank-you!

Last edited by Arizona Bound; 02-11-2008 at 05:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 08:41 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Never said I love any of them, but many of them come from rich parents and don't even work, they do it for fun.
Who exactly is the "them" you're referring to here?

Old 02-11-2008, 10:09 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Well that is a serious violent problem I would report anyone on.

What if your brother was engaged to an illegal from Honduras? She was a nice girl..you know, he loved her.

Wouldn't you rather suggest to him on how to bring a spouse in legally? Even if it meant some inconvenience, a little waiting time. If your brother really loved this girl, would he want her here legally or here illegally breaking the laws?

Old 02-11-2008, 10:14 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
If my friend/family member was happy I would not say anything. Its none of my business who they date and it would be stupid and idiotic for anyone to say anything about it or for anyone to "disapprove" of the relationship.

If it were a co-worker, I would definately report it to the proper athorities.
I suppose that would be the same as if your friend/family member were living in an adulterous relationship but were happy in it.

I don't see how encouraging illegal or immoral behavior helps anyone.

I would encourage my friend/family member to abide by the law -- and if a relationship really means anything, that person would relocate to the country of their beloved until legal immigration could be arranged. Or they would agree to be a sponsor for their immigrant -- something that requires a little financial responsibility for them.

If they won't do any of that -- then it's not much of a relationship -- probably just for convenience or lust.

Same thing with adultery -- I would encourage a friend or family member to go about it the right way.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:36 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
aiding an illegal is a crime in itself... 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:20 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
Yeah but your analogy of bums is not a culture or a particular nationality, race, gender...
It doesn't matter what you call it.

Quote:
A learned response to a stimulus is obvious psychology 101, however, a learned response and generalization directed towards a nationality, race, gender, religion...is prejudice.
Again, I don't care what you call it. It's a natural human reaction, and it cannot be stifled, nor should it be, regardless of what "cumbaya" bleeding-hearts proclaim.

There do exist specific actions/ideas/opinions taken by specific groups. These groups do include nationality, gender, religion, age, to a lesser extent race, political affiliation, etc., etc. I'm not deaf, dumb nor blind. When I see a truck that displays "Guanajuato" on its rear window, in my area with a very high number of illegals, my first reaction is going to be "illegal." I may be wrong, but my first reaction is not going to be "The driver must have been amnestied in '86." If I see a 45 year old man wearing boots, jeans and a leather vest, long braided hair, long beard, wearing sunglasses, I'm not going to think "feminist." Again, I may be wrong, but chances are that he's a biker. If I see an hispanic man speaking perfect English, I think "American." If I see an hispanic man speaking not a word of English, I think "illegal." I'm sorry, but this is a perfectly natural reaction.
Quote:
And asking a bum for a cigarette first is just mean IMO., in NYC they would probably spit at you.
Oh boo-hoo.

Quote:
Anyhow by saying "Mexicans are the majority" gets you where exactly again?
Irrelevant.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:32 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,803,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I suppose that would be the same as if your friend/family member were living in an adulterous relationship but were happy in it.
Who said anything about an adulterous relationship? I mean really. How on earth did you come up with that one? All the OP said was in a "relationship" no said anything about adultery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration