Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:34 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
.....your rant has confused me
Then you must not be the DD I thought you were, although your position and tactics vis-a-vis illegal immigration are identical.

Are you sure you're not friends with Lionel Sosa??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
57% of illegals are Mexican. What about the other half? The Media only shows us one face.
Another 30%+ come from south of THEIR border, and you wonder why there's some stereotyping going on? I would think the answer to that was obvious when about 90% of illegals hail from Latin America.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:19 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Prologic might have a point. We never bash Illegal European immigrants.
I think there's a reason for this. All illegals, Mexicans, El Salvodoreans, etc., wouldn't be receiving this kind of negative stereotype (to this extent anyway) if it weren't for the protests of '06. The reason you don't see European illegals getting bashed, just like you don't see Asian or African illegals getting bashed, because they weren't the ones you saw on TV demanding rights, waving flags of their home countries and being belligerent. Are all SOB illegals that way? Of course not, but there were a hell of a lot of them at those protests, I recall millions, with that attitude. And regardless whether or not they are good, hard working people, they're still breaking the law.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:53 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Well that is a serious violent problem I would report anyone on.

What if your brother was engaged to an illegal from Honduras? She was a nice girl..you know, he loved her.
If he were really engaged to her, she would be able to return to Honduras and they could apply for a fiance visa - it's not that hard. She would be able to return fairly shortly. The worse thing he could do is marry an illegal - it could take years to straighten out.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Prologic might have a point. We never bash Illegal European immigrants.
Not always true.

One big difference is that the typical illegal Euro flies 'under the radar' to avoid such a scenario,

In fact: I have never met an illegal from Europe that I was aware of.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:21 PM

335 posts, read 1,028,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Then you must not be the DD I thought you were, although your position and tactics vis-a-vis illegal immigration are identical.

Are you sure you're not friends with Lionel Sosa??
Now you have seriously lost me. lol...I went to that site you posted and then I put two and two together. To clarify this no, I am not DD and do not have a clue on whom this person is.
You assume much when you state that I am pro-illegal. I happen to believe that if individuals want to be a part of this country than they should follow protocol and procedures. I do believe that there needs to be changes in the legalization process. I also think that Mexicans are not evil, lazy and out for a handout, I see many americans just as lazy having 10 kids on drugs feeding off the system and it angers me just as much that this type of behavior seems acceptable because they are citizens?
Also to state that they are the ones breaking the economy and literally placing all of our issues on their backs w/out even taking into consideration that there are others here that have expired visas from differrent parts of the world and somehow they are not part of the equation? We have people from Asia, the middle east and Africa but the eye is on the Mexican? Whats up with this?
If we are handing out blame I say they all get in line and take turns, maybe we could bash one ethnic group each week that way the wealth of hate is fair

Old 02-09-2008, 01:12 PM

Lazy, drug-taking Americans are just as much a blight on this nation as any other group that takes advantage of an overly generous welfare system. You should know that most folks don't support their leeching either, but they ARE citizens, therefore we are forced to deal with their sloth. That doesn't mean that we should be forced to deal with it from any other group.

As far as laying blame goes, I blame greedy illegal employers and a globalist government for the current problems regarding illegal immigration. The blame I place on the illegals themselves is miniscule in comparison. Having worked with many illegals on the job site, and having many conversations with them during and after work, I have found that most of them ARE hard-working, conscientious people caught up in a system that almost forces them to violate our borders in order to support their families. A LOT of them have told me that they feel bad that they are even here, knowing that the millions of them present have INDEED caused hardship for the native workforce.

The situation has been caused by a government that bends over backwards to give business what it wants, profitable trade agreements and a cheap, docile labor force, at the expense of American workers and taxpayers.

It ain't right, but that's the way it is...

Old 02-10-2008, 04:38 PM

65 posts, read 122,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
57% of illegals are Mexican. What about the other half? The Media only shows us one face.
the other half USE to be illegal also until amnesty (freebee citizenship) along with anchor kids...

Old 02-10-2008, 04:38 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMan View Post
the other half USE to be illegal also until amnesty (freebee citizenship).
You mean back in the 80's?

Old 02-10-2008, 04:46 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i think that we are more aware of hispanic illegal immigrants, at least in florida, because a lot of them do not speak english. there are probably illegal immigrants here from other countries, but i have not met any or seen any personally. yes, i would turn them all in if i knew it because it is breaking the law and we are a country that has succceeded, up to this point, partially on its laws. btw, i would turn in american employers if i could prove that they were breaking the law just as quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration