U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 10:50 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And you think the Republican POTUS will stopped illegals. Dream on.

The grass roots want it stopped, but not the guys who own and run the Republican Party.

The Democrats are even more guilty of it. At least the House Republicans are making an attempt.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/hous...-e-verify-bill

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/140/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 12:31 PM

13,131 posts, read 10,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And you think the Republican POTUS will stopped illegals. Dream on.

The grass roots want it stopped, but not the guys who own and run the Republican Party.

I personally do not think there is any difference in the Parties. I think they sleep with each other! If you think one side is better than the other; tell me the last time we had any major veto's or challenges to legislation or Executive Order? Most of the opposition is simply talk; then they turn out the lights and say: Goodnight honey!

Besides Obama's 'amnesty' I have not forgotten that Regan granted the last amnesty. I also did not forget the Gang of Eight or any of the others. Contrary to the wishes of most Americans and legal immigrants; both Parties want illegal immigration for their own reasons.

However, if you simply look at voting records; Sanders' record is worse than Hillary's and Hillary's is terrible. Cruz has the best voting record on illegal immigration on the Republican side - if you can trust him. Trump talks a very hard line and we have no voting record to prove or deny what he might do. Many of us do not trust Rubio. But, in general, our odds are better with this group than the Democrats - at least from what is on the surface.

Vote for what you think is best for our Country. Do not get taken in by Party politics or the money of special interest. Research your candidates and then make your choice.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:19 PM

405 posts, read 358,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
They aren't the only ones soft on illegals though, look carefully at the GOP and what those candidates actually say and what their recent history is on the subject. Trump 2016, that is all I can say. He is our best shot.
No kidding, LOL! Bush III and some other GOP establishment types were tripping all over each other to "Hispander," to use a term coined by conservatives. I always thought that was kind of dumb given that most of the lower income groups vote Democrat but, then again, look at the intelligence level of what we're dealing with here. Obviously Trump, the blowhard that he is, has really tapped into something.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:32 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
No kidding, LOL! Bush III and some other GOP establishment types were tripping all over each other to "Hispander," to use a term coined by conservatives. I always thought that was kind of dumb given that most of the lower income groups vote Democrat but, then again, look at the intelligence level of what we're dealing with here. Obviously Trump, the blowhard that he is, has really tapped into something.
Agreed. Many Dems who are against amnesty are also siding with Trump. Even those Dems with huge amounts of college education.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:03 PM

25,394 posts, read 14,485,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
They aren't the only ones soft on illegals though, look carefully at the GOP and what those candidates actually say and what their recent history is on the subject. Trump 2016, that is all I can say. He is our best shot.
No he isn't just how is Mexico going to pay for the wall? The fact is America will build it with their own money and everyone will complain about the further debt we are in due to Trump policy especially with that tax plan of his that hopes for trickle down economics to work.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:24 AM

729 posts, read 293,711 times
Outrageous indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration