Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:31 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Not according to the Border Patrol. I don't have the statistics handy, but it is closer to 75% of those detained attempting to cross.
This is the Pew Hispanic Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 08:04 PM

18,467 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
"He also told the Times that Americans would “sooner or later” come to understand that the health of the American economy is linked to integration with Mexico and “greater freedom in labor markets.” "

-Calderon
Am I the only one who read the article that is completely appalled, disgusted, and frightened by this statement???

The president of another country is openly stating that America's economy needs to INTEGRATE with his countries economy!

Unless people are outraged by statements like this, the end is surely near.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
Am I the only one who read the article that is completely appalled, disgusted, and frightened by this statement???

The president of another country is openly stating that America's economy needs to INTEGRATE with his countries economy!

Unless people are outraged by statements like this, the end is surely near.
Am I completely appalled and disgusted? Yes. Am I frightened? Not really. At this point in my life, whatever happens to me happens. Whoever the current President of mexico happens to be, they are always making outrageous statements like this. His country has no economy to integrate with unless you count the drug trade. El Presidente Calderon needs to have the US continue to serve as a pressure release valve for his corrupt regime. The thought of his citizens actually returning home to mexico truly terrifies the man. Since we do not have (and from the looks of things will not have) anyone in the Casa Blanca who will tell Calderon to go pound sand, Felipe is free to sing the praises of Open Borders. He is even coming to visit to lecture us on the need to accommodate his citizens. Can you imagine Truman or Eisenhower putting up with this crap? Keep in mind open borders benefits mexico alot and is a big loser for the US. IMO.
I agree that people should be outraged by this sort of thing. If we aren't, if 95% of the US population is more concerned with Dancing with the Stars, then we will get what we deserve and there will be nothing but slums from sea to shining sea. With a Third World electrical grid, I am not sure you will even be able depend on having a functioning TV to watch American Idol. And, sad to say, that may be the thing that finally wakes people up. Except that by then it will be too late.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:59 PM

18,467 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Am I completely appalled and disgusted? Yes. Am I frightened? Not really. At this point in my life, whatever happens to me happens. Whoever the current President of mexico happens to be, they are always making outrageous statements like this.
I'm not really sure you are seeing the big picture here. Or maybe you are and I am not getting your response.

I have watched some of the Lou Dobbs clips on the "North American Union" on youtube, and have always taken them with a grain of salt. Seemed like a whole bunch of irrational conspiracy theory stuff. But when THE PRESIDENT of Mexico makes such a statement, I have to wonder if I am not the irrational one for not believing it. That is the frightening part of the statement. And our "leaders" may be complicit, just not stOOpid enough to come right out and say it.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:10 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
I'm not really sure you are seeing the big picture here. Or maybe you are and I am not getting your response.

I have watched some of the Lou Dobbs clips on the "North American Union" on youtube, and have always taken them with a grain of salt. Seemed like a whole bunch of irrational conspiracy theory stuff. But when THE PRESIDENT of Mexico makes such a statement, I have to wonder if I am not the irrational one for not believing it. That is the frightening part of the statement. And our "leaders" may be complicit, just not stOOpid enough to come right out and say it.
For some time I too dismissed talk of a NAU as the stuff of conspiracy theorists. Now I do believe that there is plan afoot to integrate mexico, Canada and the US. When Calderon attempts to sell us on the benefits of a unified economy, my take on that is that it is promoting the plan. This is a controversial subject and many feel strongly that NAU is nothing more than talk. I respect their right to voice their opinion. But it does seem to me that there are people who would be interested in seeing this happen. A disinterested US populace will just make it that much easier to implement.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Do you know what a "pawn" is? Do you think a pawn needs to be aware of how he's being played?

Yes -- first the Mexican government unloads 30 million of it's citizens, then it uses them to gain power over the USA.

And the 4 main candidates for the presidency are all pandering for the votes of illegals -- and of course bending over to Calderon. Calderon can strut into this country and demand whatever he likes -- and it'll be given.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:48 PM

407 posts, read 800,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
This is the Pew Hispanic Center.
Kind of biased you know!!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Kind of biased you know!!

Give me one source that isn't.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:24 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
What's funny is if you take the figures provided by Pew and do a little figuring you'll find that over 50% of the Hispanic population in America IS ILLEGAL.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:36 PM

Anyone know what methods census use to count people? I don't think my family has ever been counted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration