U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:56 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
News-Sentinel.com (http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20080126/NEWS/801260325 - broken link)

I heard about this man, it was atrocious! Not only did he have a cognitive delay basically the mind of a child but they deported him all based on assumption~! I guess he was found roaming around! Can you imagine how awful it must have been for him? Not only were his personal rights violated but with his disability and in a foreign country, ugg makes me want to vomit..

This statement is inappropriate on so many levels, shame on you, you could have made your point w/out adding this.
And it is funny how these government hand-outs are only given to illegal immigrants! Right! Let us sweep under the carpet the reality that there many able bodied Americans who sit on their fat asses and collect a check every month, wouldn't want to bring this up!
What strikes a nerve is how all other social ills have taken a backseat since Immigration has become the latest topic to ***** about! I wonder sometimes if this was not an issue what other group of individuals would be on the chopping block! I think I have an idea....
Those Americans who abuse the system always asking for a hand-out
African Americans
Gays and ther continued demoralization of this country!
I wonder if some posters ever take a break from bashing and degrading others enough to enjoy life a little.
I don't see race when choosing friends, so whether one is black is irrelevant to me.

I support gay marriage.

Next question?

What strikes me are those bleeding-hearts, to whom illegal immigration is a non-issue, are angered by those who hold different opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 12:56 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Innocent people have gone to jail. I guess, using your logic, this means we are incapable of providing justice?

There will always be mistakes. These two examples you've provided are just that; mistakes.
Ignorance and mistakes are two different things. They could of easily went to this mans house and got his birth certificate. But "No, were never wrong".

Old 02-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Ignorance and mistakes are two different things. They could of easily went to this mans house and got his birth certificate. But "No, were never wrong".
*pet peeve*

It's "could have," not "could of."

So, are you claiming these weren't mistakes? Seems to me that ignorance can lead to mistakes. (Such as your ignorance of English grammar, as noted above, resulting in the mistake: "could of.")

Old 02-08-2008, 01:02 PM

335 posts, read 931,404 times
Quote:
I don't see race when choosing friends, so whether one is black is irrelevant to me.

I support gay marriage.

Next question?

What strikes me are those bleeding-hearts, to whom illegal immigration is a non-issue, are angered by those who hold different opinions.
lol! You took this too literal I was merely stating examples! Easy Tiger, you know nothing about my stance but I will say this I loathe hypocrites!
And as far as anger? I am actually smiling because we actually agree on something, everybody has an opinion, it does not make it right or wrong it is what it is.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
*pet peeve*

It's "could have," not "could of."

So, are you claiming these weren't mistakes? Seems to me that ignorance can lead to mistakes. (Such as your ignorance of English grammar, as noted above, resulting in the mistake: "could of.")
Sorry, I didn't realize there were grammar Nazi's afoot. Better watch my spelling.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't realize there were grammar Nazi's afoot. Better watch my spelling.
It's not spelling. Your spelling was impeccable.

It was the word "ignorance" and the term "could of" that prompted my lesson. You're welcome.

Now, are you claiming that the examples are more than unfortunate mistakes? Are you claiming systemic abuse of rights?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
This statement is inappropriate on so many levels, shame on you, you could have made your point w/out adding this.
This was an analogy genius, do I need to explain to you what that means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70
And it is funny how these government hand-outs are only given to illegal immigrants! Right! Let us sweep under the carpet the reality that there many able bodied Americans who sit on their fat asses and collect a check every month, wouldn't want to bring this up!
That's right, we already have CITIZENS collecting welfare, you condone importing more welfare recipients, ones that aren't even citizens? That's brilliant!

Quote:
What strikes a nerve is how all other social ills have taken a backseat since Immigration has become the latest topic to ***** about! I wonder sometimes if this was not an issue what other group of individuals would be on the chopping block!

Newsflash: THIS IS AN IMMIGRATION FORUM. THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE COME TO VENT THEIR FRUSTRATION ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. If what's being said bothers you so much, then why are you here reading it?????

Quote:
I think I have an idea....
Those Americans who abuse the system always asking for a hand-out
African Americans
Gays and ther continued demoralization of this country!
I wonder if some posters ever take a break from bashing and degrading others enough to enjoy life a little.
YOU WANT TO CRITICIZE ME AND THEN WRITE SOME HATEFUL GARBAGE LIKE THIS?? WHAT A HYPOCRITE!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
It's not spelling. Your spelling was impeccable.

It was the word "ignorance" and the term "could of" that prompted my lesson. You're welcome.

Now, are you claiming that the examples are more than unfortunate mistakes? Are you claiming systemic abuse of rights?
I didn't realize it was time to play the assumption game some of us hold dearly in our hearts.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Newsflash: THIS IS AN IMMIGRATION FORUM. THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE COME TO VENT THEIR FRUSTRATION ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. If what's being said bothers you so much, then why are you here reading it????? YOU WANT TO CRITICIZE ME AND THEN WRITE SOME HATEFUL GARBAGE LIKE THIS?? WHAT A HYPOCRITE!!!!!!

Thats DEFINITELY what its not. People have just turned it that way. This is an immigration forum where people come to discuss immigration in general, not just illegal immigration.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:11 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,585 times
Quote:
Thats DEFINITELY what its not. People have just turned it that way. This is an immigration forum where people come to discuss immigration in general, not just illegal immigration.
Really, how many threads do you see about legal immigration pro?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or