U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:44 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD70 View Post
Meaningless to you but a valid question nonetheless but if you do not want to answer I can respect this And to the latter part of your post regarding no complaints?
Absolutely nothing life would be utterly divine!
I disagree. The tone of your words suggests that people are "targeting" groups without just cause. Your words suggest bigotry and racism. You then ask which group would be next. Blacks? Gays? It's quite clear what you're saying. Sorry, but such a question is far from being valid. Such a question is presumptuous and biased.

To answer your question; I complain about those issues that disturb me. If one of these issues becomes resolved, I don't go looking for another issue to complain about. Contrary to your implication, my opposition to illegal immigration is not fueled by some inner rage that must be vented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 01:49 PM

884 posts, read 710,769 times
More reasons to control the border. Illegal immigration has caused a Leprosy outbreak in NW Arkansas. Doctors there say 1 case in their career would be a shock; they now have 9 cases.

Leprosy outbreak causes concerns in Northwest Arkansas (http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7841296 - broken link)

Old 02-08-2008, 01:57 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
More reasons to control the border. Illegal immigration has caused a Leprosy outbreak in NW Arkansas. Doctors there say 1 case in their career would be a shock; they now have 9 cases.

Leprosy outbreak causes concerns in Northwest Arkansas (http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7841296 - broken link)
What the hell does this have to do with illegal immigration and securing the border? The group of people they are talking about don't have to come to the U.S illegally.

Quote:
TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION

In order to seek admission to the United States under the amended Compacts, a citizen of the FSM or the RMI must possess a valid, unexpired FSM or RMI passport. This is a new requirement, which did not apply under the original Compact. An FSM or RMI citizen applying for admission under the Compacts does not need a U.S. visa, or any other travel documentation.
Individuals seeking admission under the Compacts (particularly those who are not birth citizens or former TTPI citizens) are advised, however, to bring copies of any additional relevant documentation or other available evidence (such as marriage certificate, certificate of residency, spouse’s military orders, etc.) that may assist them in demonstrating to the immigration officer at the port of entry their eligibility for admission under the Compacts.
IMMIGRATION: Fact Sheet for clarifying the status of Freely Associated States citizens in the U.S :: Everything Marshall Islands :: http://www.yokwe.net

Old 02-08-2008, 02:16 PM

20,014 posts, read 20,509,618 times
Quote:
ICE could of went to this guys house and got his Birth certificate.
As stated by ICE, “The burden of proof is on the individual to show they’re legally entitled to be in the United States,” said ICE spokeswoman Kice.

I noticed in the article both these people were mentally ill and one had been in prison on drug charges. I wonder do you realize the multitudes of presumed illegals detained on legitimate charges and how difficult it is to obtain information from them? It is not an easy job and no one is perfect.

I also noted some discrepancy in the article: “ Unlike suspects charged in criminal courts, detainees accused of immigration violations don’t have a right to an attorney” Im not sure that’s true. Then the article states:
“Her brother’s attorney told her that a detainee in Warziniack’s situation often has to wait weeks for results, even if he or she gets a copy of a U.S. birth certificate” . Kind of contradictory.

It also states:
“ After scrambling to get a power of attorney to obtain their brother’s birth certificate, the sisters succeeded in getting a copy the day before the hearing “
Iv gotten birth certificates for several family members, I never needed power of attorney, only SS# and date/place of birth and parents names.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What the hell does this have to do with illegal immigration and securing the border? The group of people they are talking about don't have to come to the U.S illegally.
That's right, people come legally, and are SCREENED for health issues. Illegals don't go through health screens, hence the problem.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
It's not spelling. Your spelling was impeccable.

It was the word "ignorance" and the term "could of" that prompted my lesson. You're welcome.

Now, are you claiming that the examples are more than unfortunate mistakes? Are you claiming systemic abuse of rights?
While you are at it point out the difference between your and you're to him.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:47 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,030,974 times
So the logic of the OP is because there have been mistakes made by immigration we shouldn't try to make their process better, we should abandon any immigration control at all?

I think people should be carrying better identification. So few people here in the US have passports, I think people need to get them. That would be one step to clearing up the problem.

So few people leave the US they don't feel they need them. Its time to change that.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:33 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
So the logic of the OP is because there have been mistakes made by immigration we shouldn't try to make their process better, we should abandon any immigration control at all?

I think people should be carrying better identification. So few people here in the US have passports, I think people need to get them. That would be one step to clearing up the problem.

So few people leave the US they don't feel they need them. Its time to change that.
There are other alternatives rather than deporting, I'm saying deporting is the least efficient.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:12 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,030,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
There are other alternatives rather than deporting, I'm saying deporting is the least efficient.
I agree if deporting is the ONLY thing we do. Other laws have to be changed, laws to prosecute people who hire illegals. People shouldn't be able to get a drivers license, purchase property or cars or turn on utilities.

Doing these things would ENCOURAGE people to return to their home countries on their own. For those that want to force the issue like the people who so kindly placed their flag above THIS countries flag, they might need to be given a ride.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:15 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I agree if deporting is the ONLY thing we do. Other laws have to be changed, laws to prosecute people who hire illegals. People shouldn't be able to get a drivers license, purchase property or cars or turn on utilities.

Doing these things would ENCOURAGE people to return to their home countries on their own. For those that want to force the issue like the people who so kindly placed their flag above THIS countries flag, they might need to be given a ride.
Ok but.. in the times of World Cup. Don't expect me to wear a USA Jersey. Mexico all the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or