U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:13 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,160,565 times

Advertisements

News-Sentinel.com (http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20080126/NEWS/801260325 - broken link)

Quote:
FLORENCE, Ariz. — Thomas Warziniack was born in Minnesota and grew up in Georgia, but immigration authorities pronounced him an illegal immigrant from Russia
So much for them doing their job.

Quote:
Pedro Guzman, a mentally disabled U.S. citizen who was born in Los Angeles, was serving a 120-day sentence for trespassing last year when he was shipped off to Mexico. Guzman was found three months later trying to return home. Although federal government attorneys have acknowledged that Guzman was a citizen, ICE spokeswoman Virginia Kice said Thursday that her agency still questions the validity of his birth certificate.
If we try to deport our citizens who's to say that we can handle deporting 25 million people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,043,205 times
Who says we need to deport them? Take away their ability to get a job and their government handouts, and the'll leave. It's like a stray dog, if you keep feeding him, he'll keep coming back, stop feeding him, and he'll go elsewhere in search of food. Simple as that.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:08 PM

Lets take the time to notice why no one has commented on this

Old 02-08-2008, 12:11 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,227,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
News-Sentinel.com (http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20080126/NEWS/801260325 - broken link)

If we try to deport our citizens who's to say that we can handle deporting 25 million people?
Well, you make the mistake of moving from the particular to the general. A few years ago, the IRS had me confused with a taxpayer with my same name. Took several weeks, several letters, and a sheaf of documentation to resolve matters. Would you forbid the IRS to enforce the tax laws of this country, too? Of course not.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, you make the mistake of moving from the particular to the general. A few years ago, the IRS had me confused with a taxpayer with my same name. Took several weeks to do so. Would you forbid the IRS to enforce the tax laws of this country, too? Of course not.
Unlike your situation, ICE could of checked for his documentation easily.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,685,196 times
I don't think the government can effectively deport the masses that are here. I also don't think they could have ever kept track of the things that were proposed in the last bill. I do think they can fine employers. Employers then have the time to get the documents needed to defend themselves against the charge. Employer vigilance will make the situation less attractive for illegals.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:22 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,227,864 times
Quote:
Unlike your situation, ICE could of checked for his documentation easily.
You don't understand the slow turning gears of bureaucracy do you? I had a birth certificate, a social security card, and a deed to my house showing how long I had been at my address. It didn't matter to the functionaries at the IRS. I had to go through channels, which took weeks to resolve the obvious.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You don't understand the slow turning gears of bureaucracy do you? I had a birth certificate, a social security card, and a deed to my house showing how long I had been at my address. It didn't matter to the functionaries at the IRS. I had to go through channels, which took weeks to resolve the obvious.
Slow turning gears? ICE could of went to this guys house and got his Birth certificate. My uncle was also mistaken for a murderer on the border. Same exact name, down to the very middle name! Blue eyes, Caucasian looking Mexican e.t.c

Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,063,749 times
Quote:

Innocent people have gone to jail. I guess, using your logic, this means we are incapable of providing justice?

There will always be mistakes. These two examples you've provided are just that; mistakes.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:50 PM

335 posts, read 931,662 times
[quote=ProLogic;2761039]News-Sentinel.com (http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20080126/NEWS/801260325 - broken link)

I heard about this man, it was atrocious! Not only did he have a cognitive delay basically the mind of a child but they deported him all based on assumption~! I guess he was found roaming around! Can you imagine how awful it must have been for him? Not only were his personal rights violated but with his disability and in a foreign country, ugg makes me want to vomit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Who says we need to deport them? Take away their ability to get a job and their government handouts, and the'll leave. It's like a stray dog, if you keep feeding him, he'll keep coming back, stop feeding him, and he'll go elsewhere in search of food. Simple as that.
This statement is inappropriate on so many levels, shame on you, you could have made your point w/out adding this.
And it is funny how these government hand-outs are only given to illegal immigrants! Right! Let us sweep under the carpet the reality that there many able bodied Americans who sit on their fat asses and collect a check every month, wouldn't want to bring this up!
What strikes a nerve is how all other social ills have taken a backseat since Immigration has become the latest topic to ***** about! I wonder sometimes if this was not an issue what other group of individuals would be on the chopping block! I think I have an idea....
Those Americans who abuse the system always asking for a hand-out
African Americans
Gays and ther continued demoralization of this country!
I wonder if some posters ever take a break from bashing and degrading others enough to enjoy life a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or