U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:03 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
So you know they were illegals how?
It's sickens me that your so GD worried about someone accusing someone of being an illegal alien wrongly when it was so uncalled for. This person was hurt and could've been killed by a criminal in this country that had not only no regard for our laws but no regard for human life. Maybe you need to be more concerned about those legal folks (including Hispanics and other legal immigrants) that are injured and killed by illegal aliens that have no business being here. God bless those folks for making a memorial to the victims.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:24 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
for illegals, hit and run or abandonment of vehicle makes great sense.
a lot cheaper than insurance and better
than jail and deportation.
why "what nerve"?
do you jump out of your car and run when you hit somebody?
"alleged" sound better?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-09-2008 at 04:48 PM..

Old 02-09-2008, 04:29 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
It's sickens me that your so GD worried about someone accusing someone of being an illegal alien wrongly when it was so uncalled for. This person was hurt and could've been killed by a criminal in this country that had not only no regard for our laws but no regard for human life. Maybe you need to be more concerned about those legal folks (including Hispanics and other legal immigrants) that are injured and killed by illegal aliens that have no business being here. God bless those folks for making a memorial to the victims.
How is it sick to question someone's knowledge on a subject? It's obvious he didn't know that the person was illegal. Why did he assume he was illegal? because he was Mexican? Sure thats valid. I'm not defending the driver, hit-and-runs are illegal. He should of stayed but just because he has a Hispanic last name definitely does not mean he was illegal. Thats ignorant.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:43 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
for illegals, hit and run or abandonment of vehicle makes great sense.
a lot cheaper than insurance and better
than jail and deportation.
why "what nerve"?
do you jump out of your car and run when you hit somebody?
How about giving them a driver's license, then they will have insurance and the proper training to drive a car.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:45 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Wow. The only assumptions I see thrown around in this thread are from you. Talk about nerve.

And yes, thank you, High Springs Gator, for giving me the benefit of the doubt--it's why I said, "Thank God for the passenger"; because he CAME FORWARD and told the police the reason his friend ran is because he was not a citizen and was scared of what would happen to him. It's one of the reasons why the police have never been able to track him down.

Folks, I live in freaking Houston. You know, Texas? Where we have a large population of HISPANICS? I mean, give me a break on the accusations already. I'm well versed in immigration issues as it is.
Not being a citizen doesn't make them illegal. He could have been on a temporary visa, green card etc.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:12 PM

6,878 posts, read 17,814,730 times
Okay, what exactly do I have to say to get my point across? He was not a citizen. It says in the passenger's account of the police report that... well, actually, now that I freaking have it in my hand it says:

...Mr. Rodriguez further stated to me that the driver was unemployed due to his residential status. Mr. Rodriguez stated that Mr. Cruz is not in the United States as a legal resident nor is he a United States citizen.

Last edited by Mom2Feebs; 02-09-2008 at 05:21 PM..

Old 02-09-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Okay, wtf do I have to say to get my point across? He was not a citizen. It says in the passenger's account of the police report that... well, actually, now that I freaking have it in my hand it says:

...Mr. Rodriguez further stated to me that the driver was unemployed due to his residential status. Mr. Rodriguez stated that Mr. Cruz is not in the United States as a legal resident nor is he a United States citizen.
Ah. You really are pregnant

Old 02-09-2008, 05:23 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
Ah. You really are pregnant
Your changing of the quoted post, to include an obscenity, violates the boards TOS -

Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs
Okay, wtf do I have to say to get my point across? He was not a citizen. It says in the passenger's account of the police report that... well, actually, now that I freaking have it in my hand it says:

Old 02-09-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Your changing of the quoted post, to include an obscenity, violates the boards TOS -
What obscinity? wtf? She's the one who changed it.. why would I change it?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:30 PM

6,878 posts, read 17,814,730 times
Quote:
How is it sick to question someone's knowledge on a subject? It's obvious he didn't know that the person was illegal. Why did he assume he was illegal? because he was Mexican? Sure thats valid. I'm not defending the driver, hit-and-runs are illegal. He should of stayed but just because he has a Hispanic last name definitely does not mean he was illegal. Thats ignorant.
Yes, but did I ever say that? Did I ever ONCE say because he was hispanic, that I believed him to be illegal? No. I didn't. You have no right to call me ignorant when it is YOU that clearly has a problem here.

BTW, I'm a female. That's why my screen name is "Mom2Feebs". Just another assumption on your part.

What I find so fascinating is that there is any debate on this at all, and that I am the one being crucified for even SUSPECTING a hispanic is illegal. Let's see if I have this right:

I'm an American citizen. Born right here in the good ol' US of A.
I was hit in my car and put in the hospital.
Another person was put in the hospital.
My car was totaled.
The driver of the car that hit me RAN AWAY on foot.
The passenger of the car that hit me made a statement to the police about the driver's status in this country.
The police did a full investigation to try to find the driver.
The follow up report states that because of the nature of his status, they have yet to be able to find him.
My insurance company also did a full investigation.

And you sit there and question me as to whether I am some sort of racist/nationalist/whatever?

Seriously, if anything, I deserve an apology from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration