U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 07:02 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,101,778 times

Advertisements

I get so tired of hearing that IF they have no other criminal history, the illegals should stay. Here is an example of the result of such a stupid and unfair belief: ICE: Street-Racing Illegal Alien Arrested for Killing Iowa Woman 'Did Not Meet ICE

Another life lost because we were not enforcing our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 07:44 PM

31,727 posts, read 14,631,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I get so tired of hearing that IF they have no other criminal history, the illegals should stay. Here is an example of the result of such a stupid and unfair belief: ICE: Street-Racing Illegal Alien Arrested for Killing Iowa Woman 'Did Not Meet ICE

Another life lost because we were not enforcing our immigration laws.

The thing that gripes me is that most of them are working here and have either committed the felony of ID theft to do so or by getting paid cash. If I remember correctly a felony is a criminal act. All is to be forgiven though I guess. Show me one American that has been forgiven a felony with no consequences whatsoever and in fact rewarded for it.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:52 AM

9,863 posts, read 7,143,666 times
I believe the only way to catch up with the illegal aliens is to grab them when they commit a crime.

Trump wants to send them all packing and the Left loves to shout that if he becomes President he will have troops going door to door checking for illegals and ripping them from their families like a bunch of Nazis.

We all know that is not going to happen on a large scale but it would certainly be a good start if and when an illegal alien is caught for a crime that person answers for the crime then instead of being released on a promise to return to court the greater crime of being in country illegally is charged.

Imagine how much better we would all be if the law breaking, drug dealing, (insert a crime here) illegal aliens were actually locked up and deported instead of being set loose to offend again.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM

11,561 posts, read 5,534,663 times
I think an illegal who is arrested should always be held without bail. Of course they are all flight risks---doesn't matter if they are single or if they have kids, they have no moral compass and thus no issues with fleeing.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I think an illegal who is arrested should always be held without bail. Of course they are all flight risks---doesn't matter if they are single or if they have kids, they have no moral compass and thus no issues with fleeing.
I wonder what the percentage is that show up after being out on bail. I'll have to check on that one. Their kids mean nothing more to them than government benefits and hope that they will get to stay in the US. They have a different value system and sadly, that is being impressed on our society.

Just like when one gets caught up in lie, you have to keep lying, having committed the crime of entering the US illegally, one would pile on one crime after another. Driving illegally, working illegally................

All it takes is drying up the benefits of illegal immigration and the miracle will start to materialize.

Funny thing is, when I finally openly express my opinions, I have found that everyone agrees. No one really wants to start the "conversation" and I"ll be forever grateful to Donald Trump for being the one that brought this tragedy front and center. I have noticed as people are becoming more educated about the costs both social and financial, those percentages of people wanting to see the "pathway to citizenship" have changed their minds to "pathway out of our country".

Old 02-25-2016, 07:02 AM

I looked up the number of illegals that don't show up after being out on bond when their trial date comes up: 84%

DHS Report: 84% of Illegal Alien Adults Not In Court For Final Case Hearing

Old 02-27-2016, 01:09 AM

1,017 posts, read 555,842 times
Yet another illegal alien that ICE let go (DUI last year) murdered his (also illegal alien) girlfriend in Fremont, CA last week. She is the mother of at least one child (not his). Frankly, I am too lazy to post a link right now because this goes on every day. Nothing new, eh? It's the SF Bay Area for heaven sake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or