U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 05:54 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
if latinos love the country and want it kept safe, with enough jobs for everyone, they will support immigration control.

if not, the heck with them.

we don't need pandering in either party, but it is something the libs love to do to get elected.

You're right. I would only add that it is not only whites that want this illegal immigration mess stopped and those here illegally to go home. If they don't then they aren't really loyal Americans, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 08:13 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,123,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Rubio is a traitor and should never serve in public office again
That he even think he compares to the party of Reagan is very laughable! I wonder where Michael Reagan is at these days to squash this........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right. I would only add that it is not only whites that want this illegal immigration mess stopped and those here illegally to go home. If they don't then they aren't really loyal Americans, IMO.
I think people may also be not looking at our universities why so many student visas with kids that their parents hate "western culture" The are letting people here under different labels, then they are not here illegally.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:25 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Of course he is a front man for amnesty. He is part of the gang of 8 that came up with that nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill which is nothing but amnesty. Not only that, that bill has provisions in it that would hurt Americans.

Rubio is indeed a liar. When he campaigned for senator, he said he was against amnesty. Once elected and in office, he changed his tune.

Now that he wants to be president, he tried to distance himself from the gang of 8. He didn't get away with it because Chuck Schumer called him out on it. Chuck said that no one forced Rubio to join the gang of 8 and once he joined, he was a very active member.

Your exactly right and by the looks of things, Cruz is following in Rubio's footsteps. And he lies.

I am sick and tired of career politicians they promise the moon and deliver nothing. Both sides.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
if latinos love the country and want it kept safe, with enough jobs for everyone, they will support immigration control.

if not, the heck with them.

we don't need pandering in either party, but it is something the libs love to do to get elected.

EXACTLY it is something they must do to keep getting elected and they know it. The pandering gets old and tired, and just plain sickening that one group of people get pandered too.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:51 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
EXACTLY it is something they must do to keep getting elected and they know it. The pandering gets old and tired, and just plain sickening that one group of people get pandered too.

It's one thing to pander to law abiding citizens who have the nation's best interests at heart but quite another pandering to those who have no respect for our laws and are only self-serving.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:36 AM

13,155 posts, read 16,873,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
It's about to end. Notice how hard the panderers are working to discredit Trump. They're trying to save their own butts/careers/cushy jobs. It's time for them to start pandering to the rest of us who carry the load.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:31 AM

6,730 posts, read 1,897,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's about to end. Notice how hard the panderers are working to discredit Trump. They're trying to save their own butts/careers/cushy jobs. It's time for them to start pandering to the rest of us who carry the load.
I think our elected reps, civil servants and courts forget who they are supposed to be working for and who the priority is supposed to be. It should always be The United States of America first and always. It should always be what is best for our nation.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Glad you brought that up, I have a friend who was going to vote for another R and not Trump, but likes Trump brashness and that he is not paid and bought for, a big difference there.

He has now gone for voting for someone other then Trump to Trump, because he is pissed at the R Establishment and the lengths they will go to discredit someone who is not one of their own.

He said what the hell is the R Establishment afraid of, and this pisses him off, you would never see the D doing this, and I do not think they would.

They talk about being Christian fair and honest my you know what.

My friend is going to try and get others to vote for Trump, he believes a lot of what he says, as hate to say it with all politicians take things with a grain of salt, we all know this, some are worse then others.

He is furious, and says if the R Establishment keeps this chit up, he will go independent and screw the R his words not mine.

He says to me, WTF why are they not going after Clinton!

But he seem to like Trump well enough in 2012 when he also took money from TRUMP. And if you remember said very nice things about him, oh how the tide changes, when things do not go there way.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:22 PM

21,492 posts, read 10,398,234 times
Add Cruz to the list.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:58 PM

17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
the republicans have a dillemma. they have the traditional conservatives and much of the whites to pander to. but they also have become increasingly active in the latino community, which helps them and is the future. how does the gop balance the two with very different interests?

both parties seem to give lip service on immigrations but are reluctant to do much about the status quo. they are reluctant to be tough and reluctant to just let loose.

Immigrants and illegals are two different animals but you seem to want to lump them together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or