U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 04:24 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,141,888 times

Advertisements

Trump used them and was fined 1 million ... Peanut,,, well maybe different amount,,, the case was appealed and before it was retried, Trump settled the case out of court, so it’s unclear how much he ended up doling out. Now living Tampa there was another tTrump tower I am not sure -but a lot of Latinos working that site, ok so contractors hire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 07:42 PM

2,721 posts, read 2,145,129 times
Would any reasonable person disagree with an approach of saying, 'that's it, the border is shut. Enforcement will be as strict as ever - if people want to come here, do it legally or it won't be done. That being said, we are not going to actively deport otherwise law abiding people that are here and not on any type of public assistance. But once you commit a crime, j walking or robbery, you are gone and won't be back.'

In my view, talk of immigration reform can't happen until we know the problem won't be compounded.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:59 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Would any reasonable person disagree with an approach of saying, 'that's it, the border is shut. Enforcement will be as strict as ever - if people want to come here, do it legally or it won't be done. That being said, we are not going to actively deport otherwise law abiding people that are here and not on any type of public assistance. But once you commit a crime, j walking or robbery, you are gone and won't be back.'

In my view, talk of immigration reform can't happen until we know the problem won't be compounded.

No such thing as a law abiding illegal alien and yes we should deport them whether on public assistance or not.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:34 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,548,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Congrats and it seems everyone involved in LEGAL immigration is against illegal immigrations as we know how much it cost, how long the time frame is and how much stress filling out papers over and over, can be but we are more than willing to do it and respect the system and the country that welcomed us. We are grateful and respectful.

Illegal aren't and neither are the ones yelling and screaming that the rest of us doesn't have a heart and doesn't understand what they go through!.
I agree. My parents legally came, they feel they are being slapped in the face. They were so proud to come here and it was a lot of work. I can't believe that we can even consider illegals gaining amnesty at this point, after how much we lost during the recession and how much we are losing with bad trade deals. The last thing we need is less jobs and more work force.

The democratic debate last night made me ill. The degree they are going to get the minority vote is grotesque. Promising to open borders, amnesty, bringing back deported illegal spouses and parents. Unbelievable. Not one gave a plan at how they are going to pay for it all. How they would provide jobs for the thousands upon thousands who will get amnesty. Just a big, "come on over party!"

This presidential run clearly divides those of us who are respectful of the process, and those who are not. Those of us who want America to be a law abiding safe country and those of us who want to manipulate it.

We've done such a bad job on immigration and there are so many here illegally right now that the crowd of minority voters that have connections to illegals who will vote for amnesty is a lot. It's important to vote against it if you care about it. Their crowd is big enough to turn what was illegal into legal overnight.

We have done such a poor job keeping illegals out that now they and their families have some real pull with our government. Just gross. It's our own fault.

I agree on not buying what comes from the hands of illegals or bad trade deals, the problem is that is the majority of goods now in our country, fancy that one. It's no real wonder why Americans are out of work by such large numbers.

I wonder how much income they will report, it's not like they aren't use to LYING>

Old 03-10-2016, 11:46 AM

1,017 posts, read 553,174 times
Did anyone watch the Demo debate last night brought to us by Univision? Talk about pandering to Hispanic "immigrants," i.e. Illegal aliens. The questions asked were outrageous by the panel (do you promise you will not deport those Hispanic and South American immigrants if they haven't committed any crimes? How about ALL the unaccompanied minors?) In our country that would be considered child abuse. And the so-called minor men with their beards and tattoos? Then the BRAVE woman from Honduras with her five children who spoke through an interpreter? I feel we are 100% being held hostage, hence this post.

Why couldn't there be a presidential debate in front of LEGAL immigrants who came here from all over the world? Why do the Hispanics, et al get preferential treatment? How about SSA recipients (seniors) who paid taxes all their lives? Why not a debate in front of them? Or African-Americans who had no choice in being brought here generations ago, and continue to suffer from racism? What happened to enforcing US immigration laws already on the books?

Sorry for fuming. Let's face it - we have been lied to by all politicians -- so I shouldn't be surprised. After tonight's Republican debate, I am bowing out of all things presidential election.

As much as I do not like Trump (everything is me, me, me; he acts like a school yard bully), I will vote for him if he is the Rep candidate. No wonder Trump is being backed by many in this country.

ETA - the post above me was made about the same time as mine. Thank you!!!

Old 03-10-2016, 12:20 PM

1,295 posts, read 471,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Did anyone watch the Demo debate last night brought to us by Univision? Talk about pandering to Hispanic "immigrants," i.e. Illegal aliens. The questions asked were outrageous by the panel (do you promise you will not deport those Hispanic and South American immigrants if they haven't committed any crimes? How about ALL the unaccompanied minors?) In our country that would be considered child abuse. And the so-called minor men with their beards and tattoos? Then the BRAVE woman from Honduras with her five children who spoke through an interpreter? I feel we are 100% being held hostage, hence this post.

Why couldn't there be a presidential debate in front of LEGAL immigrants who came here from all over the world? Why do the Hispanics, et al get preferential treatment? How about SSA recipients (seniors) who paid taxes all their lives? Why not a debate in front of them? Or African-Americans who had no choice in being brought here generations ago, and continue to suffer from racism? What happened to enforcing US immigration laws already on the books?

Sorry for fuming. Let's face it - we have been lied to by all politicians -- so I shouldn't be surprised. After tonight's Republican debate, I am bowing out of all things presidential election.

As much as I do not like Trump (everything is me, me, me; he acts like a school yard bully), I will vote for him if he is the Rep candidate. No wonder Trump is being backed by many in this country.

ETA - the post above me was made about the same time as mine. Thank you!!!

Univision is a disgrace!!!!!!!!! Jorge Ramos was a joke. I'm still upset by that pathetic panel of moderators who spent most of their time pleading for illegals.

I kept wondering wth is going on. Come here legally, or get out.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:55 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Univision is a disgrace!!!!!!!!! Jorge Ramos was a joke. I'm still upset by that pathetic panel of moderators who spent most of their time pleading for illegals.

I kept wondering wth is going on. Come here legally, or get out.

Hispanics are growing in numbers so they are pushing their political clout and our politicians are caving in to them even though these pro-amnesty Hispanics don't have the best interests of this country nor the rest of our citizens at heart. Shameful that any politician would listen to them when they are still the minority in our country anyway and our politicians are sworn to uphold our immigration laws.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:22 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,174 times
Can't wait to hear tonight's Repub "debate." Too bad Univision isn't sponsoring it. We can dream.

BTW, like Hillary or not, the pointedly rude questions posed to her (along the lines of "when did you stop beating your wife?") were way out of line. T

The panel was obviously playing to the audience last night. I wanted so much to retort: " Tell me about YOUR immigration laws!!" And how about those Mexican jails we hear so much about in the States?

NAFTA sure benefitted Mexico. Why don't its citizens work at home for an American company? Several months ago, I spoke with a very nice customer support rep for Comcast located in Monterrey. The rep (very strong accent) told me "there are thousands of us here working for Comcast." I might add, he was very pleasant and helpful.

I threw away two boxes of Nabisco crackers when I found out they came from Mexico. Needless to say, I never, ever eat any produce marked "product of Mexico." Mostly because of the cleanliness factor and secondly, on general principles.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:03 PM

1,295 posts, read 471,489 times
Annie1004 you bring up a good point Mexico enforces their laws but wants to find fault with us trying to do the same? And doesn't Mexico themselves have a southern border?

Oldglory everything you said was accurate, but how do we stop it? Its so frusterating.

Last edited by Wintergirl80; 03-10-2016 at 11:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration