U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 02:34 PM

13,267 posts, read 10,653,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I see a lot of "Christianity" breaking out here but before you fine people start building your ovens here`s a few facts about all of those horrible crimes that migrants are committing in Europe....it`s a Nazi hoax.
Mapping The Completely Bogus Rumors Against Migrants In Europe | ThinkProgress

Before anyone yaps about Think Progress keep in mind there are links in this story including one for BBC

I'm an atheist! While you are busy trying to drum up sympathy for 'illegals' in the US: Illegal Immigrants Accounted for Nearly 37 Percent of Federal Sentences in FY 2014 - Breitbart. By the way, none of us are against immigration - just we are not in favor of criminals or in favor of unlimited immigration that takes American jobs. We also expect immigrants to be able to assimilate into our culture and not for us to assimilate into theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 01:33 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,314,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I just don't think the wall is going to do any good...they'll just bring ladders, ropes, and shovels.

Instead, impose business-devastating fines for anyone who hires or houses an illegal, and offer cash incentives to anyone who provides a tip on who's doing either. Also, impose heavy fines on sanctuary cities.
Walls and fences actually do work. When I was stationed in San Diego I lived 2 miles from Tijuana. Illegals were a constant problem. Then the feds built a huge fence (90 miles, I think) through that area. Illegal immigration in that area dropped by over 90%.

It can be done. But I have my doubts that anyone in Washington has the political will to make it happen.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I see a lot of "Christianity" breaking out here but before you fine people start building your ovens here`s a few facts about all of those horrible crimes that migrants are committing in Europe....it`s a Nazi hoax.
Mapping The Completely Bogus Rumors Against Migrants In Europe | ThinkProgress

Before anyone yaps about Think Progress keep in mind there are links in this story including one for BBC

Uh, What does Christianity have to do with this? And "ovens"? Really?

Hyperbole much? Geez.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Doesn't anyone here remember a wall was suggested, approved and commenced to be built during the Bush years?

I witnessed dredging and pile driving exercises going on only to also witness them coming to a halt.

The actual process would involve expropriating land from Americans to build the thing in some areas.

The portions of the wall already built have seen aliens find ways of breaching it.

It is idiotic to suggest the expense of building a wall that will not be effective in any case only to ignore those AMERICANS who benefit and engage in hiring these cheap workers.

What's wrong with this picture?

Talk about wealth redistribution in it's worst form. You ignore greedy Americans profiting from an illegal practice only to withdraw more from a budget supplied by middle class taxpayers to build a wall that WON'T work as intended.

Inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Yes, that was the Secure Fence Act. It was supposed to build 750 miles of fence 9which is really all that is needed).

They built about 30 miles of that fence before Democrats defunded it.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:48 PM

25,508 posts, read 23,358,582 times
Securing the border would create a whole lot of jobs...implementing the laws we already have on the books regarding immigration would also create a whole lot of jobs....building a fence would create a whole lot of jobs....

Lets think about how American could benefit by enforcing our laws....?

It would be a trickle down effect....you start enforcing laws, people become better law abiding citizens. You ignore laws, you create chaos and criminals.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:59 AM

30,718 posts, read 9,185,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well, first of all, it's not like the wall will get built only to be left unattended. The BP will still patrol those areas on the ground as well as in the air.

If anyone wants to bring a huge ladder, there will need to be someone the other side with an equally huge ladder. Shovels won't do much good as the wall will extend several feet into the ground. So, anyone trying to climb over or dig under will get caught.

And, yes, E-verify needs to be made the law of the land. Once that is in effect, run everybody in the workforce through it to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Obama stopped ICE from doing raids and raids need to happen again. All employers big and small need to use E-verify. If anyone knowingly hires an illegal, they need to be fined very heavily.

As we've learned, Obama also stopped border agents from doing their jobs--probably in response to the increasing number of illegals, especially unaccompanied minors, crossing the border in anticipation of of either that wall or diligent enforcement.

Who needs El Chapo when we've got Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or