U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2016, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Reputation: 18141

Advertisements

I was just looking for some info for the "Elections" area and came across this awesome article written by a lawyer in CA: https://visawolf.com/mr-trump-here-is-your-border-wall/

Now, remember that illegals cost us $13 billion a year in taxpayer dollars and amnesty would cost us $6.3 trillion dollars. That is the cost in dollars and then there is the crime and the fact that ISIS has a training camp about 8 miles outside the TX border in Mexico. And, on and on.

Thoughts on the proposal by this lawyer? I would have to admit that it seems thorough although maybe a little more than I can mentally digest this late in the day. I get up VERY early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2016, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Clown School
9,999 posts, read 4,220,822 times
Reputation: 11552
I just don't think the wall is going to do any good...they'll just bring ladders, ropes, and shovels.

Instead, impose business-devastating fines for anyone who hires or houses an illegal, and offer cash incentives to anyone who provides a tip on who's doing either. Also, impose heavy fines on sanctuary cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2016, 08:17 PM
 
11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9861
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I just don't think the wall is going to do any good...they'll just bring ladders, ropes, and shovels.

Instead, impose business-devastating fines for anyone who hires or houses an illegal, and offer cash incentives to anyone who provides a tip on who's doing either. Also, impose heavy fines on sanctuary cities.
Well, first of all, it's not like the wall will get built only to be left unattended. The BP will still patrol those areas on the ground as well as in the air.

If anyone wants to bring a huge ladder, there will need to be someone the other side with an equally huge ladder. Shovels won't do much good as the wall will extend several feet into the ground. So, anyone trying to climb over or dig under will get caught.

And, yes, E-verify needs to be made the law of the land. Once that is in effect, run everybody in the workforce through it to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Obama stopped ICE from doing raids and raids need to happen again. All employers big and small need to use E-verify. If anyone knowingly hires an illegal, they need to be fined very heavily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2016, 07:07 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I just don't think the wall is going to do any good...they'll just bring ladders, ropes, and shovels.

Instead, impose business-devastating fines for anyone who hires or houses an illegal, and offer cash incentives to anyone who provides a tip on who's doing either. Also, impose heavy fines on sanctuary cities.

Not with the double layered wall they won't. It isn't just those seeking work that are getting through our border but criminals and terrorists also. I do agree though for those seeking work and benefits e-verify would curtail them quite a bit and the employers should be fined severely for non-compliance and put and end to sanctuary cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2016, 07:45 AM
 
942 posts, read 458,051 times
Reputation: 923
Double fence it w/razor wire, like a prison. Then set mines in no man's land, as a deterrent.

Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2016, 09:00 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I just don't think the wall is going to do any good...they'll just bring ladders, ropes, and shovels.

Instead, impose business-devastating fines for anyone who hires or houses an illegal, and offer cash incentives to anyone who provides a tip on who's doing either. Also, impose heavy fines on sanctuary cities.
This country for years has been inviting illegals in....along with the now migrate workers....of which there are thousands, and it's beyond me, why they are not fighting for their own countries? Anyway, this country has created this problem....and I agree with you...and this is why they hate Trump...these companys that hire these illegals have been getting off with hiring slave labor for years. How can they? By paying for the politicians campaigns, the ones who turn blind eyes.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2016, 09:12 AM
 
16,739 posts, read 9,472,016 times
Reputation: 12136
Doesn't anyone here remember a wall was suggested, approved and commenced to be built during the Bush years?

I witnessed dredging and pile driving exercises going on only to also witness them coming to a halt.

The actual process would involve expropriating land from Americans to build the thing in some areas.

The portions of the wall already built have seen aliens find ways of breaching it.

It is idiotic to suggest the expense of building a wall that will not be effective in any case only to ignore those AMERICANS who benefit and engage in hiring these cheap workers.

What's wrong with this picture?

Talk about wealth redistribution in it's worst form. You ignore greedy Americans profiting from an illegal practice only to withdraw more from a budget supplied by middle class taxpayers to build a wall that WON'T work as intended.

Inmates are in charge of the asylum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2016, 09:59 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Doesn't anyone here remember a wall was suggested, approved and commenced to be built during the Bush years?

I witnessed dredging and pile driving exercises going on only to also witness them coming to a halt.

The actual process would involve expropriating land from Americans to build the thing in some areas.

The portions of the wall already built have seen aliens find ways of breaching it.

It is idiotic to suggest the expense of building a wall that will not be effective in any case only to ignore those AMERICANS who benefit and engage in hiring these cheap workers.

What's wrong with this picture?

Talk about wealth redistribution in it's worst form. You ignore greedy Americans profiting from an illegal practice only to withdraw more from a budget supplied by middle class taxpayers to build a wall that WON'T work as intended.

Inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Ever heard of the laws of " eminent domain"? This is an national security issue. I don't know what kind of wall you are claiming that illegal aliens are breaching. The double wall would be very hard to breach. Here is an article for you. So it's not effective? It's not just about Americans hiring cheap labor there is also the billions they are costing us a year in their social costs and the billions they send to their families in their homelands that is not spent in our economy. Criminals and terrorists are also breaching our southern border and they aren't looking for work. Who's ignoring those greedy business owners that are hiring illegal aliens. With e-verify in place it would put a stop to them. Sorry but I don't view funding national security as a wealth redistribution program. It's absolutely necessary if we are to survive as a nation.


Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2016, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,134 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Reputation: 9289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ever heard of the laws of " eminent domain"? This is an national security issue. I don't know what kind of wall you are claiming that illegal aliens are breaching. The double wall would be very hard to breach. Here is an article for you. So it's not effective? It's not just about Americans hiring cheap labor there is also the billions they are costing us a year in their social costs and the billions they send to their families in their homelands that is not spent in our economy. Criminals and terrorists are also breaching our southern border and they aren't looking for work. Who's ignoring those greedy business owners that are hiring illegal aliens. With e-verify in place it would put a stop to them. Sorry but I don't view funding national security as a wealth redistribution program. It's absolutely necessary if we are to survive as a nation.


Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

If you do the Google 'Earth' flyover of our Southern border; you will see that one long wall isn't necessary. There are many places that are a natural impairment to anybody attempting to cross into our Country from Mexico. However; better surveillance and patrols of the area would be needed. And, yes, walls are needed in many areas where there is quick access from roads and cities.


I just feel that America should not have any military or police force if we do not have boundaries and laws. Why should we fight half way around the globe to keep America 'safe' if we cannot protect our own borders? Why should we have 'laws' and pay people that break our laws? We have to be stupid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 11:52 AM
 
6,444 posts, read 3,402,389 times
Reputation: 3222
I see a lot of "Christianity" breaking out here but before you fine people start building your ovens here`s a few facts about all of those horrible crimes that migrants are committing in Europe....it`s a Nazi hoax.
Mapping The Completely Bogus Rumors Against Migrants In Europe | ThinkProgress


Before anyone yaps about Think Progress keep in mind there are links in this story including one for BBC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top