U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:18 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
As a veteran of many years in the public water field, your analogy is a bit "out there"...but OK, I'll go along. My worry is that we'll ALL end up with one big OUTHOUSE, and then the question of when, or whether, to "flush" will simply become a moot point....Life won't be more PLEASANT, but it will for sure be much simpler...
That is not funny-------and, I agree with your analogy as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 09:53 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,890,687 times
Actually it is kinda funny, if it wasn't us living it, but we are, so is really tragic, especially down the road a few years. Those with any vision or foresight will be looking for a place to bunker down. I am thinking of relocating back to Wyoming within the next few years. And just wondering how long it will take for the invasion to hit the outback there....

Old 02-10-2008, 10:07 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
IMHO - concern over a disfunctional immigration system is not rhetoric any more than concern by citizens over violence and crime. your post characterizes americans as nothing more than a bunch of cranks. respect is the issue isn't it? (asi es la cuestion, falta de respecto no?)

Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,890,687 times
What's a crank? Actually might be a backhanded compliment...

Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
IMHO - concern over a disfunctional immigration system is not rhetoric any more than concern by citizens over violence and crime. your post characterizes americans as nothing more than a bunch of cranks. respect is the issue isn't it? (asi es la cuestion, falta de respecto no?)
(es la verdad) That is the truth, and it goes both ways.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Whose rhetoric will the next president tone down? Certainly not mine. Does anyone here feel that the next commander in chief will tone down his or her rhetoric for them? Are we talking about limiting free speech? Will the next president kidnap Lou Dobbs?

What a biased, code-word laced, poor excuse for journalism article that was. Thanks blacknight, but we already know how dishonest the pro-illegal argument can be.

"Hey honey, remember how I hated going to Home Depot? Well, I've read Cynthia Tucker, and now I've changed my mind."

Old 02-10-2008, 11:24 AM

9,122 posts, read 11,663,838 times
THE NEXT PRESIDENT will put the War In IRAQ As AMERICA'S MOST PRESSING ISSUE so is that toning Down The Discussion..We need to stop illegal immigratin at OUR BORDER BY GIVING MEXICO MASSIVE HUMANITARIAN AID AND TECHNOLOGICAL ASSISTANCES
DON'T YOU AGREE.....

Old 02-10-2008, 12:06 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
THE NEXT PRESIDENT will put the War In IRAQ As AMERICA'S MOST PRESSING ISSUE so is that toning Down The Discussion..We need to stop illegal immigratin at OUR BORDER BY GIVING MEXICO MASSIVE HUMANITARIAN AID AND TECHNOLOGICAL ASSISTANCES
DON'T YOU AGREE.....
Why, so that it can be "redistributed" among Mexico's elite as is the rest of the financial aid they receive from the U.S.? I don't think so.

Mexico is a country rich in natural resources. The Japanese have remarked that if they owned the land in Mexico, they would be the richest nation on earth. Why is that? Because the government in Japan is not one based in greed and corruption as is Mexico's. Mexico's government is its people's own worst enemy and until they grow some bullocks and begin to hold their government accountable for its actions, nothing will ever change, no matter how many American tax dollars are pumped into its economy.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:18 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,657,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Why, so that it can be "redistributed" among Mexico's elite as is the rest of the financial aid they receive from the U.S.? I don't think so.

Mexico is a country rich in natural resources. The Japanese have remarked that if they owned the land in Mexico, they would be the richest nation on earth. Why is that? Because the government in Japan is not one based in greed and corruption as is Mexico's. Mexico's government is its people's own worst enemy and until they grow some bullocks and begin to hold their government accountable for its actions, nothing will ever change, no matter how many American tax dollars are pumped into its economy.
Mexico's Government is guilty of Economic Apartheid. Time to dismantle it.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:01 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Mexico's Government is guilty of Economic Apartheid. Time to dismantle it.
That is one of the sole reasons why I've been visiting the same place in Mexico for 17 years and little to nothing has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or