U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 AM

407 posts, read 714,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
The people, mainly. I think we're already fed up with the executive branch having too much power and not listening to the opinions of mainstream america. If this continues into next administration I for one won't sit on the side timidly.
But they are not willing to do anything about it. Are you, or anyione you know, willing to take up arms if it seems that is the only way to preserve the Constitution and our country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 11:19 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
NEXT PRESIDENT WILL TONE DOWN ANTI-IMMIGRATION RHETORIC - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Very good article by Cynthia Tucker who is by the way a black woman.
FYI, she's got illegal alien relatives in Atlanta...

Old 02-12-2008, 11:31 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,920,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
But they are not willing to do anything about it. Are you, or anyione you know, willing to take up arms if it seems that is the only way to preserve the Constitution and our country?
I am in line... waiting..

Old 02-12-2008, 11:38 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Even if I was I don't think I'd admit it on a public forum.

Black helicopters and re-education camps, dontchaknow...

Old 02-12-2008, 11:39 AM

2,876 posts, read 6,015,006 times
Quote:
Good question-I dont think anyone knows for sure until it actually happens. If I thought the movement had a chance of success, and our nation was further away from the constitution that it is now, then yes, I would.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,216 times
Quote:
trouble from who?
Geez - I don't know - maybe the American People?

Have you not heard of the Minutemen, have you not heard about 46 states trying to approve laws against illegals, have you not heard that citizens each and every day write/call their representatives about illegal immigration?

Even the ACLU (that's AMERICAN civil liberties they're talking about, though they represent aliens) can't fight the laws now. I heard yesterday that they're losing battles because they have no leg to stand on.

Why would you want these illegals? What's in it for you?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:10 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,920,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Geez - I don't know - maybe the American People?

Have you not heard of the Minutemen, have you not heard about 46 states trying to approve laws against illegals, have you not heard that citizens each and every day write/call their representatives about illegal immigration?

Even the ACLU (that's AMERICAN civil liberties they're talking about, though they represent aliens) can't fight the laws now. I heard yesterday that they're losing battles because they have no leg to stand on.

Why would you want these illegals? What's in it for you?
most pro's are related to illegals..
most pro's are mexican themselves..
most pro's use the cheap mexican labor force..
most pro's were ONCE illegal themselves.. (freebee amnesty)
most pro's are once again (freebee anchor babies)..
most pro's are 2nd. gen (amnesty-anchors)..
most pro's never say pro..

Old 02-12-2008, 01:51 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,917,927 times
Quote:
he also has to establish some sort of legalization program for those already here.
Who says so? Certainly none of the people I associate with, and if the government tries to ramrod another amnesty down our throats that will be thrown back into their faces as well.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:55 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Quote:
but he also has to establish some sort of legalization program for those already here.
Sorry to tell you this but, the POTUS cannot "establish" any sort of legalization program.

That job lies with the Congress.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:07 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,182,276 times
Blacknight is very confused right now. He is for illegals to be here and think they have the rigght to be here, but yet he/she is trying to find a way to get someone to listen to them.

Just posted this in another thread. He/she wants the President to help the illegals but then in this other thread he wants to the people to do it.

Why should the president of the United States make a contract with any particular group? Is he beholden to conservatives or to We the people?

He/she is hoping a liberal protects them and if a conservative gets into office he/she wants the people to make the choice.

Contradicting us in every way.

WE the people want illegals gone, WE the people want the President to be involved in making sure that WE the people are listened to.

Read the polls, illegal immigration is one of the top issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or