U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:36 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Apparently, despite the public outcry every time amnesty legislation is brought up for a vote, the bid for the presidency appears to be boiling down to three pro-amnesty candidates which leads me to one conclusion.

The American people care more about American Idol than they do the leadership of this country. I'd bet my 11,000 year-old bison mandible that that more Americans can articulate the names of the Idol judges and/or contestants than can articulate the political platforms of the candidates to whom they've blindly entrusted the future of this country.
Dude---we study US history and stuff and we learned about Abraham Lincoln and George Jefferson and the Statute of Liberties and the imagination proclamation so do not say we are DUME by any means who you think your are maybe we "don't" voat but no bigy be cool
In my clas are teacher sez weshould rede so we wil learn stuff and not be "Dume" but win I anser her back she ses "dont be smart" can you dig it...

Last edited by macmeal; 02-13-2008 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 08:59 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The title of this thread is completely inaccurate. Beyond the omission of "illegal," the only side using rhetoric is the pro-illegal side.

The tone of the anti-illegal side is simple: Stop! Get out! Go home!

That, my friends, is not rhetoric.
The title is completely accurate . There is widespread agreement on this, you might not like it but it's true. A majority of the so called "anti- illegal" groups are also against all forms of legal immigration.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The title is completely accurate . There is widespread agreement on this, you might not like it but it's true. A majority of the so called "anti- illegal" groups are also against all forms of legal immigration.

You got a source for this claim? Or is this just your own, completely inaccurate opinion?

Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 PM

253 posts, read 937,047 times
Lightbulb Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Anti ILLEGAL immigration, not anti IMMIGRATION. At what point in life does ones education derail when they cannot tell the difference between what is LEGAL and what is ILLEGAL?
Makes you wonder...

I think the interchangeability is intentional.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:07 AM

126 posts, read 245,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
most pro's are related to illegals..
most pro's are mexican themselves..
most pro's use the cheap mexican labor force..
most pro's were ONCE illegal themselves.. (freebee amnesty)
most pro's are once again (freebee anchor babies)..
most pro's are 2nd. gen (amnesty-anchors)..
most pro's never say pro..
History tells us that Empire's are not to exist forever, our country's wealth
was built on slave work from Africa, which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S., since then we have depended more and more on
labor from our neighbors down south and so far they have done an exceptional
work, but as they too progress in the economic ladder we need to keep
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
I always tell my fellow Americans; be careful on what you wish for!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 02:24 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
History tells us that Empire's are not to exist forever, our country's wealth
was built on slave work from Africa
Eli Whitney disagrees, as he rolls in his grave. Which African slaves built Chicago? Milwaukee? Denver? Cleveland? Minneapolis? Los Angeles? San Francisco? Phoenix? Kansas City? Portland? Seattle? Boston? Poughkeepsie?
Quote:
which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S.
You seem to be confused. Apartheid was a system implemented in South Africa where minority whites ruled and segregated the majority blacks. I haven't the statistics handy, but the only state where there may have been a resemblence to this was South Carolina. Furthermore, there was no Jim Crow in any of the heavily populated northern states. Your statement is wild and fallacious.
Quote:
since then we have depended more and more on
labor from our neighbors down south and so far they have done an exceptional
work, but as they too progress in the economic ladder we need to keep
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
I always tell my fellow Americans; be careful on what you wish for!!!!
We? Who are we? Certainly you mean corporations and other slimy "entrepreneurs?" If you mean the American people, you are sorely mistaken.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:28 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
Bull.

How's that for rhetoric?

Old 02-14-2008, 07:47 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
I'd really be interested in seeing a source for this fallacious claim, or is it your SOP to make unfounded statements to bolster your weak, simplistic arguments?

Old 02-14-2008, 08:50 AM

407 posts, read 714,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I'd really be interested in seeing a source for this fallacious claim, or is it your SOP to make unfounded statements to bolster your weak, simplistic arguments?
BINGO!!! You hit the nail on the head.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:19 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
Quote:
So what? Nothing wrong with that. We could use a "time out", because there are so many who are not assimilated.

WE decide who comes in, just like any other country can decide for themselves. This country has done just about everything for every other country that exists on the planet - what MORE do they want?

So, being for a moratorium on legal immigration is a bad thing? Like we need more than our 300 million?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or