U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:37 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times

Advertisements

I support Legal IMMIGRATION

I oppose ILLEGAL Immigration

Sorry Blacknight - your statement was, and is, false
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 12:43 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The title is completely accurate . There is widespread agreement on this, you might not like it but it's true. A majority of the so called "anti- illegal" groups are also against all forms of legal immigration.
Please cite your sources for that blanket statement.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:26 PM

407 posts, read 714,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Please cite your sources for that blanket statement.
Just more BS from the pro-illegal crowd is all I see it as being.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:32 PM

126 posts, read 245,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Eli Whitney disagrees, as he rolls in his grave. Which African slaves built Chicago? Milwaukee? Denver? Cleveland? Minneapolis? Los Angeles? San Francisco? Phoenix? Kansas City? Portland? Seattle? Boston? Poughkeepsie?

You seem to be confused. Apartheid was a system implemented in South Africa where minority whites ruled and segregated the majority blacks. I haven't the statistics handy, but the only state where there may have been a resemblence to this was South Carolina. Furthermore, there was no Jim Crow in any of the heavily populated northern states. Your statement is wild and fallacious.

We? Who are we? Certainly you mean corporations and other slimy "entrepreneurs?" If you mean the American people, you are sorely mistaken.
I'm sorry ,I thought we dealt better with abstractions, NO APARTHEID IN THE US??, something "a little similar" in some areas of S.C., ha,ha,ha, Apartheid in the U.S. was as brutal and humilliating as in South Africa, in fact we still live in a largely segregated society.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:13 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
I'm sorry ,I thought we dealt better with abstractions, NO APARTHEID IN THE US??, something "a little similar" in some areas of S.C., ha,ha,ha, Apartheid in the U.S. was as brutal and humilliating as in South Africa, in fact we still live in a largely segregated society.
There is a difference between abstractions and hallucinations...

Old 02-14-2008, 05:25 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Aside from Affirmative Action: there has been no legally sanctioned racism in this country since ca. 1967 when the mixed race marriage laws were struck down.

As for cultural racism: that changes by the generation........

The name 'Barack Obama' comes to mind

Old 02-15-2008, 08:35 AM

2,876 posts, read 6,017,766 times
Quote:
History tells us that Empire's are not to exist forever, our country's wealth
was built on slave work from Africa, which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S., since then we have depended more and more on
labor from our neighbors down south and so far they have done an exceptional
work, but as they too progress in the economic ladder we need to keep
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
I always tell my fellow Americans; be careful on what you wish for!!!!
Oh right..right, its not like white americans contributed anything right? lol
I'm trying very hard to be civil but many small children have a better understanding of society!
I guess I should tell my grandfather who faught in WW2 and worked hard all his life in an auto plant in Michigan that he didn't contribute to America.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:13 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,062,712 times
Quote:
Eli Whitney disagrees, as he rolls in his grave. Which African slaves built Chicago? Milwaukee? Denver? Cleveland? Minneapolis? Los Angeles? San Francisco? Phoenix? Kansas City? Portland? Seattle? Boston? Poughkeepsie?

You seem to be confused. Apartheid was a system implemented in South Africa where minority whites ruled and segregated the majority blacks. I haven't the statistics handy, but the only state where there may have been a resemblence to this was South Carolina. Furthermore, there was no Jim Crow in any of the heavily populated northern states. Your statement is wild and fallacious.

We? Who are we? Certainly you mean corporations and other slimy "entrepreneurs?" If you mean the American people, you are sorely mistaken.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:02 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
I think if you remember the compromise immigration bill that included amnesty then you can come to the conclusion that illegal immigration will be a hot issue. It failed not once but twice and worse the second time. Senators and congressman said their phones and e-mails lite-up in opposition to the bill.Even McCain says that he got the message that the borders must be secured first very loud and clearly.Actually it requires no new legislaton as it was in the current law but never got funded.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:43 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,982 times
on one hand he tells everyone to have all your facts and data handy as to back up your claims.. then he says all anti-illegal folks are ALL against legal immigration as well.. without ANY data or facts to back up
his claim... that's way overboard from someone who expects facts and all sources to be included in every post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or