U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 01:52 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
How exactly does your friend know that the person who rear ended them in traffic then drove off is an illegal alien?
By the way it is quite common everywhere for many people to not have insurance as well as get into an accident and drive off.

My question is: Is it better to know one's actual facts about the topic they are writing about before starting a thread bashing others?
It is FAR more common, hit and run, when you live among illegal aliens as are bites by loose pit bulls. Everyone outside of CA knows about CA and their love of illegal aliens. You keep em'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilwood View Post
Sorry, I edited the story to be more clear. Those are the facts of the story as I understand them. I'm not against illegal aliens, I'm just trying to learn what is common so I can live as best as I can in Los Angeles.

California's hit-and-run crisis / More flee fatal accidents here than any other state - SFGate
Well, I'm against "illegal" anything as we all should be. Illegals aliens cost to taxpayers in CA: The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on California Taxpayers (2014) not to mention the lives of our citizens: Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
It's not really above, more like outside.

However, they are FAR outnumbered by the millions upon millions of American born butt holes, of all economic levels, who break the law every second of every day, have no respect for their fellow citizens, and are just plain dumb, rude, obnoxious and dishonest. And they are by no means limited to California.

So it sort of balances out in the end.
CA embraces the illegals like NO other state. Comparing American citizens to illegal aliens shows a level of ignorance that I am tired of addressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
The difference is that they get punished for their illegal behavior... many illegals don't.
BIG difference. Over one million non-violent criminals are in prison and now outnumber violent criminals. Many of their children are in foster care - yes, they split up the family and I didn't read about anyone here crying about a parent being separated from their children for 10 or 20 years and in this case, the parent cannot even take their children with them like the illegals who need to haul tail back across the border with their anchors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 04:13 PM

4,519 posts, read 1,941,562 times
Quote:
Sorry, I edited the story to be more clear. Those are the facts of the story as I understand them. I'm not against illegal aliens, I'm just trying to learn what is common so I can live as best as I can in Los Angeles.

California's hit-and-run crisis / More flee fatal accidents here than any other state - SFGate
Really? Why would you be FOR someone breaking the law?

Old 03-09-2016, 06:19 PM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:

However, they are FAR outnumbered by the millions upon millions of American born butt holes, of all economic levels, who break the law every second of every day, have no respect for their fellow citizens, and are just plain dumb, rude, obnoxious and dishonest. And they are by no means limited to California.

It has nothing to do with balance. We have enough or our own home grown criminals to deal with. We shouldn't have to tolerate foreign invaders and their crimes also. Just because we do have our own bad apples doesn't justify illegal aliens being in our country. When Americans break the law they face justice. When illegal aliens are caught they just get a slap on the wrist and sent on their way.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:47 AM

1,514 posts, read 1,894,333 times
And now for some facts:

Undocumented immigrants are already U.S. taxpayers.
Collectively, they paid an estimated $10.6 billion to state and local taxes in 2010, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), a research organization that works on tax policy issues. Contributions varied by state. In Montana they contributed $2 million. In California, more than $2.2 billion.

The truth is that undocumented immigrants contribute more in payroll taxes than they will ever consume in public benefits.
Take Social Security. According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), unauthorized immigrants -- who are not eligible to receive Social Security benefits -- have paid an eye-popping $100 billion into the fund over the past decade. As the baby boom generation ages and retires, immigrant workers are key to shoring up Social Security and counteracting the effects of the decline in U.S.-born workers paying into the system, Goss said.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

The American economy needs immigrant workers.
The belief that immigrants take jobs that can otherwise be filled by hard-working Americans has been disputed by an overwhelming number of economic research studies and data.

and finally, a most inconvenient truth:

The price tag for the Wall Street bailout is often put at $700 billion—the size of the Troubled Assets Relief Program. But TARP is just the tip of the iceberg of money paid out or set aside by the Treasury Department and Federal Reserve. In her book, It Takes a Pillage: Behind the Bailouts, Bonuses, and Backroom Deals from Washington to Wall Street, Nomi Prins uncovers the hush-hush programs and crunches the hidden numbers to calculate the shocking actual size of the bailout: $14.4 trillion and counting.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:33 PM

3,032 posts, read 2,861,792 times
Default Informative article...

This is an older article, but still very relevant by Victor Hansen Davis on "Two Californias"

National Review Online

Old 03-11-2016, 12:46 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
This is an older article, but still very relevant by Victor Hansen Davis on "Two Californias"

National Review Online
I've heard a lot of that from Californians before. That article should be required reading for everyone in Texas who is pro-amnesty. We could very easily end up like CA.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:08 PM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
And now for some facts:

Undocumented immigrants are already U.S. taxpayers.
Collectively, they paid an estimated $10.6 billion to state and local taxes in 2010, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), a research organization that works on tax policy issues. Contributions varied by state. In Montana they contributed $2 million. In California, more than $2.2 billion.

The truth is that undocumented immigrants contribute more in payroll taxes than they will ever consume in public benefits.
Take Social Security. According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), unauthorized immigrants -- who are not eligible to receive Social Security benefits -- have paid an eye-popping $100 billion into the fund over the past decade. As the baby boom generation ages and retires, immigrant workers are key to shoring up Social Security and counteracting the effects of the decline in U.S.-born workers paying into the system, Goss said.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

The American economy needs immigrant workers.
The belief that immigrants take jobs that can otherwise be filled by hard-working Americans has been disputed by an overwhelming number of economic research studies and data.

and finally, a most inconvenient truth:

The price tag for the Wall Street bailout is often put at $700 billion—the size of the Troubled Assets Relief Program. But TARP is just the tip of the iceberg of money paid out or set aside by the Treasury Department and Federal Reserve. In her book, It Takes a Pillage: Behind the Bailouts, Bonuses, and Backroom Deals from Washington to Wall Street, Nomi Prins uncovers the hush-hush programs and crunches the hidden numbers to calculate the shocking actual size of the bailout: $14.4 trillion and counting.

Of course no links provided and they aren't undocumented anything they are illegal aliens.

Illegal aliens get welfare through fraudulent documents just as they get hired for a job with fraudulent documents. Many work for cash and don't pay any income taxes. They also get welfare through their U.S. born kids

There are times that we need legal immigrant workers but we don't need illegal workers and it is against the law for them to be here and to work here. They reduce wages and take jobs from Americans. Illegals have flooded the construction and other related industries. Are those jobs Americans don't want? Who was doing them before millions of illegals took them? Of course, the claim that they are a net fiscal benefit doesn't count the billions they send home to their countries that is not spent in our economy. I don't know of any reputable study that proves that they pay more taxes into our system than they take from them.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:33 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,174 times
Quote:
1) My friend was rear ended in traffic and the rear driver just drove off.

Edit) My friend suspected the offender to be an illegal alien since he saw the driver and the car. The cop on the scene told him this is quite common in California since Illegal Aliens do not have insurance.

2) My friend talked to a cop and judge (afterwards) who both told him that they don't even bother to pursue illegal alien cases. Even when they catch an illegal alien driving, the IA can just give a false name and they just get a ticket which they don't have to pay.

3) I've lived here only 2 years and I've already met 1 proud illegal alien and 1 person who got citizenship through a false marriage.

My question is: Is it better to be an illegal alien in California? You wouldn't have to pay taxes, pay fines and basically be above the law!
In short, yes. Governor Brown has welcomed IA with wide open arms. They get driver licenses, medical insurance through the insurance exchange, sanctuary cities, ad nauseam.

We are but a suburb of Mexico now.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,174 times
Quote:

Do you live in the United States? Bashing your fellow citizens? Tsk, tsk.

True, we have enough homegrown problems, so we sure as he!! don't need to import them.

Yup, they snub our immigration laws and invade our country, then act entitled and dip into everything America has to offer. I call 'em law breakers, butt holes, disrespectful, dumb, rude, obnoxious and dishonest. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:57 PM

1,384 posts, read 758,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Of course no links provided and they aren't undocumented anything they are illegal aliens.

Illegal aliens get welfare through fraudulent documents just as they get hired for a job with fraudulent documents. Many work for cash and don't pay any income taxes. They also get welfare through their U.S. born kids

There are times that we need legal immigrant workers but we don't need illegal workers and it is against the law for them to be here and to work here. They reduce wages and take jobs from Americans. Illegals have flooded the construction and other related industries. Are those jobs Americans don't want? Who was doing them before millions of illegals took them? Of course, the claim that they are a net fiscal benefit doesn't count the billions they send home to their countries that is not spent in our economy. I don't know of any reputable study that proves that they pay more taxes into our system than they take from them.
I have a friend from my military days that could tell you all you need to know about illegal immigrants.

His parents are illegal immigrants from Mexico. Just a complete disaster of a family. His mother is a drug addict that has been arrested multiple times and has multiple kids. She lives off of welfare and encourages her kids to not work as well because, as she puts it, they are entitled to government benefits without working. His father is an alcoholic.

My friend was able to escape this life and joined the military. He flourished there and retired as an E9. Now, he works for a contractor making well over six figures.

His siblings have not fared as well. He has five brothers, all of whom are poor, and one of whom is a convicted murderer.

He is probably one of the most anti-illegal immigrant people that I've ever met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or