U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 11:52 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
On the bright side it won't be long before I can get my yard mowed for $5.
Next step is to include illegals in the $15 dollar min wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 12:13 PM

1,295 posts, read 471,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They have all violated our immigration laws by coming here and working here. Illegal alien isn't just another term for them it is the lawful immigration term for them. "Undocumented" is just a made up PC term by the defenders of illegal aliens to make their unlawful existence in our country seem more palatable.

Exactly! I can't stand the term undocumented worker, everyone knows they are illegals, call them what they are.

Watching the debate was so frustrating with the 'feel sorry for the illegal immigrant' talk. What other country can you go to where their presidential debate is geared toward illegals and spends a considerable amount of time pushing for their rights? I'm appalled by the fact CNN was a part of this.

We need stricter border control.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:24 PM

3,491 posts, read 1,208,193 times
Quote:
From an article on the Democrat debate:

Are not all undocumented immigrants criminals? Is not another term for them illegal aliens?
What you are saying is true, but is not politically correct. It is politically correct to want cultural diversity AT ALL COSTS. Of course, it's also stupid!

Old 03-10-2016, 02:13 PM

4,519 posts, read 1,941,562 times
Didn't Jorge ask will you let those who have not committed "a violent crime" stay? In other words he's demanding amnesty for illegals who commit other crimes! Identity theft, embezzlement, shoplifting, reckless driving, check fraud, car theft, etc...There's a whole host of non-violent crimes that are still a danger to society and that deserve deportation!

Old 03-10-2016, 02:35 PM

405 posts, read 358,190 times
Quote:
On the bright side it won't be long before I can get my yard mowed for $5.
Yes but how long is it going to take you to earn that $5, LOL!

Old 03-10-2016, 02:47 PM

405 posts, read 358,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
It was pandering, Obama promised a legaaopath to naturalization twice while he was campaigning, meanwhile he has deported more people than any other president. I thought it was over the top, Reagan did full blown amnesty and it didn't work, I am a liberal I have the utmost empathy for people trying to better their situation but I don't agree with amnesty at this massive level.
We're peas in a pod. I too am very liberal, almost stereotypically so, but can no longer call myself a Democrat. Of course my anger for this sorry state of affairs goes to Ronald Reagan, who really started this whole mess by signing off on an amnesty bill with the employer sanctions gutted out of it and without a secure border. The result was 11-20 million potential Dem voters, which the party cannot and will not pass up without a fight. I'm surprised they didn't sing the national anthem in Spanish last night. The pandering was so transparent it made me start to feel physically sick, so i turned it off.

Of course, as much as i want to take a **** on Reagan's grave for causing this, that would do no good now. The key is to vote for a candidate who can beat the two panderers.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:40 PM

31,485 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
What you are saying is true, but is not politically correct. It is politically correct to want cultural diversity AT ALL COSTS. Of course, it's also stupid!

Um, we already have plenty of diversity in this country. They are called legal immigrants. It's not so diversified any more though. For some time now we have been allowing legal immigrants from mostly one country and ethnic group. The same group that is here in the largest numbers illegally also. That's diversity? I don't think so!

Old 03-10-2016, 04:45 PM

31,485 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
We're peas in a pod. I too am very liberal, almost stereotypically so, but can no longer call myself a Democrat. Of course my anger for this sorry state of affairs goes to Ronald Reagan, who really started this whole mess by signing off on an amnesty bill with the employer sanctions gutted out of it and without a secure border. The result was 11-20 million potential Dem voters, which the party cannot and will not pass up without a fight. I'm surprised they didn't sing the national anthem in Spanish last night. The pandering was so transparent it made me start to feel physically sick, so i turned it off.

Of course, as much as i want to take a **** on Reagan's grave for causing this, that would do no good now. The key is to vote for a candidate who can beat the two panderers.

Reagan was promised by congress to secure the border before he signed that amnesty. Congress double crossed him and he lived to regret it. He in no way is responsible for the millions we have here today. I blame Obama for encouraging more to come by giving stays of deportation to millions of those already here along with work permits by EO. He has also instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals. Note the rush to our border from Central Americans claiming refugee status? That's on Obama also.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:20 PM

4,663 posts, read 3,243,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
A drug dealer is also trying to "better their situation". I don't see a difference.
You don't want to see a difference, for the most part drug dealers have a choice. I understand we can't be the economic refuge of the world, but the rhetoric of legal immigration is absurd to immigrate legally unless you win literally a lottery, you have to prove a level of education and funds accessible to you not to mention the actual cost of the application, background checks etc so if you can afford to qualify to immigrate here legally you basically don't need to immigrate.
However I don't agree with amnesty for everyone, and yes we can't possibly take in everyone who is needy.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:35 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
It was pandering, Obama promised a legal path to naturalization twice while he was campaigning, meanwhile he has deported more people than any other president. I thought it was over the top, Reagan did full blown amnesty and it didn't work, I am a liberal I have the utmost empathy for people trying to better their situation but I don't agree with amnesty at this massive level.
Obama did no such thing. In fact, he has admitted to cooking the books when it comes to those deportation figures. Besides, even if he did deport as many as he claimed, he went and undid it all when he dictated amnesty and work permits for DREAMers. Then he tried to give amnesty and work permits to those illegals who birthed an anchor baby. Despite the Fifth Circuit Court issuing an injunction, the Obama administration still gave amnesty and work permits to a large number of illegals---and didn't stop until they were caught.

https://judiciary.house.gov/press-re...onenforcement/

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

DHS broke judge's order, approved amnesty applications despite injunction - Washington Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration