U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 12:15 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,083,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I'm from Chicago, with a huge Mexican population, and no one here cares about illegal immigration. There's enough crime from black people and home-grown Mexicans and Puerto Ricans that illegal immigrants are just a blip. We also see them as providing cheap and consistent labor, as well as repopulating areas that have seen a lot of abandonment.
None of that makes any difference to the majority of people that have educated themselves on the financial, social and health consequences that illegal aliens bring to our country when they enter without authorization which is a criminal offense.

So, you mean that in your area, people like the cheap labor since the taxpayers subsidize their employees with public assistance for the anchors babies, as well as, Medicaid paying for medical bills while our own citizens go without. Is that what you are saying, that exploiting the illegals and having the taxpayers make up for the low wages paid by the employer is a great thing for your area. You say this without a conscience?

From many of the photos and news stories I have seen about Chicago, the state could better use the more than $3.5 billion a year they spend on illegal aliens: http://www.fairus.org/site/DocServer...Cost_Study.pdf

We have enough of our own criminals support, so we're sending the foreign ones back where they came from per the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 01:04 PM

31,580 posts, read 14,599,205 times
So no one in Chicago cares about illegal immigration? Stats with a link please. It's not just about crime it's about the billions that illegals are costing us in taxes. That cheap labor isn't so cheap when you factor in the above. They also deplete job opportunities and reduce wages for Chicagoans and every other city/state in the country. Someone is only fooling themselves.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:27 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I'm from Chicago, with a huge Mexican population, and no one here cares about illegal immigration. There's enough crime from black people and home-grown Mexicans and Puerto Ricans that illegal immigrants are just a blip. We also see them as providing cheap and consistent labor, as well as repopulating areas that have seen a lot of abandonment.
Didn't the slave owners say those same things in 1860 about wanting "cheap and consistent labor"? Sorry; ANYBODY who knowingly hires an illegal alien needs to be punished. Period.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:32 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,083,338 times
It doesn't look like everyone in Chicago supports illegal aliens bombarding their city:

Chicago outraged by Emanuel invitation to Illegal Immigrants

Who wouldn't want these illegal aliens in their city? Criminal Illegal Immigrant Gangs Infest U.S.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:47 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,811,193 times
The illegal aliens in Chicago might be lovely -- but they still should have come here legally.

Gee, I think I'll go out and break some laws since our government apparently isn't interested in enforcing them!

Old 03-25-2016, 09:08 AM

25,467 posts, read 23,295,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They have all violated our immigration laws by coming here and working here. Illegal alien isn't just another term for them it is the lawful immigration term for them. "Undocumented" is just a made up PC term by the defenders of illegal aliens to make their unlawful existence in our country seem more palatable.

So both Hillary and Sanders are just going to continue with Obama's hands off policy on most illegal aliens? Why any sensible American would vote for them is beyond me.
and so would republicans...
Listen, if they haven't done anything about it to this point in time, do you really believe they will

Remember all the Republican candidates booed Trump in the very beginning b/c of what he said he was going to do....
Now they're parroting him, just to get elected....

When 911 happened, I thought, "well, at least now they will build a fence and close off our borders, if anything good will come out of this" The American people didn't demand it be done? I couldn't believe how passive everyone was, and Bush certainly didn't do anything about it?

What he did was put the Bin Laden family who was here visiting on Air Force one and flew them back to Saudi...

So, #1. as far as I'm concerned all our politicians are responsible for any further attacks on us
and #2. Do you honestly believe that they are going to do something about it?
They will not....they are selling us all down the river to get elected....

Old 03-25-2016, 10:04 AM

18,560 posts, read 13,696,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Obama's saying he's deported more illegals than any other president is the biggest farce pushed onto the American people and some of you fall for it. Reality the truth is just the opposite. He's bent over backwards to allow as many illegals into the country as possible without being impeached for it.
Just another one of his many lies. Granting all Illegals amnesty is tantamount to the US losing its Sovereignty. It renders our nation no longer a nation.

Old 03-26-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and so would republicans...
Listen, if they haven't done anything about it to this point in time, do you really believe they will

Remember all the Republican candidates booed Trump in the very beginning b/c of what he said he was going to do....
Now they're parroting him, just to get elected....

When 911 happened, I thought, "well, at least now they will build a fence and close off our borders, if anything good will come out of this" The American people didn't demand it be done? I couldn't believe how passive everyone was, and Bush certainly didn't do anything about it?

What he did was put the Bin Laden family who was here visiting on Air Force one and flew them back to Saudi...

So, #1. as far as I'm concerned all our politicians are responsible for any further attacks on us
and #2. Do you honestly believe that they are going to do something about it?
They will not....they are selling us all down the river to get elected....
Exactly.

That's why Trump is the ONLY acceptable candidate.

Old 03-26-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Just another one of his many lies. Granting all Illegals amnesty is tantamount to the US losing its Sovereignty. It renders our nation no longer a nation.
Indeed.

It bears pointing out that if Obama had his way, another six million illegals would be given legal status.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:24 PM

455 posts, read 312,759 times
It is a slap in the face to all the people who took the time, money, and effort (and sometimes anguish) immigrating legally. It is a complicated process and takes months and TONS of paperwork and about a solid $2000 and that's just for a spouse. What are you saying to legal immigrants when you enter illegally and then demand that you be given amnesty? Why shouldn't you have to pay the fees, file the paperwork, have your background checks and medical exams and vaccinations etc. like everyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration