U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-11-2016, 03:28 AM
 
25,342 posts, read 37,480,980 times
Reputation: 13261

Advertisements

I know most of you may not have heard of it but I know a family who came here legally and always was legally here and one child became citizen and than sponsored the parents and an error was made when sponsoring the other child after parents got a green card.

Everything legal and now the one child due to one error has no way of getting a green card even though the child is still having a valid I-94. Due to aging out that child will miss the boat and no entry to US will be granted as the child has shown immigration intend. So out a family of four, three can stay and the youngest has to leave in order to keep doing it legally with no entry option according to 2 well know lawyers they contacted.

The legal system is broken if one error by mailing papers too early can cause this mess. It is almost unbelievable unless you have seen it.

If the system is like that how can you expect the youngest child not become an illegal.

I would not have believed it if I hadn't been so close and seen the papers. Stunning and according to lawyers politicians will not touch it as USCIS didn't make the error but the parents by mailing it out prior to the new visa being approved and now denied.

This family was for more than 15 year legally in US and still not one day illegally. It is crazy that the system doesn't allow a do over to correct the error.
I'm not expecting anyone to believe this but it is true and very sad.

Anyone who searches my posts will see I never supported illegal aliens and still don't but I can now see if the child is close to 21 and has been here since a young age they do not remember their birth country and since they weren't born here they are not anchor babies. They didn't intend to do anything illegal and didn't. Just stupid error that is so costly and ripping this family apart.

You can say they can all leave but they all have jobs and business providing jobs to US citizens. It is not just packing their stuff and leave and go back and start over.

If they were illegal I would say.." you brought it on yourself" and the error made was indeed on themselves but how can this not be an acceptable error for USCIS to allow to be fixed.

To get a new visa the child will have to disclose immigration intend and only H1B or I-485 (green card) application basically allow it. The child can't claim asylum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-11-2016, 05:57 AM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,401 posts, read 9,550,354 times
Reputation: 7421
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I know most of you may not have heard of it but I know a family who came here legally and always was legally here and one child became citizen and than sponsored the parents and an error was made when sponsoring the other child after parents got a green card.

Everything legal and now the one child due to one error has no way of getting a green card even though the child is still having a valid I-94. Due to aging out that child will miss the boat and no entry to US will be granted as the child has shown immigration intend. So out a family of four, three can stay and the youngest has to leave in order to keep doing it legally with no entry option according to 2 well know lawyers they contacted.

The legal system is broken if one error by mailing papers too early can cause this mess. It is almost unbelievable unless you have seen it.

If the system is like that how can you expect the youngest child not become an illegal.

I would not have believed it if I hadn't been so close and seen the papers. Stunning and according to lawyers politicians will not touch it as USCIS didn't make the error but the parents by mailing it out prior to the new visa being approved and now denied.

This family was for more than 15 year legally in US and still not one day illegally. It is crazy that the system doesn't allow a do over to correct the error.
I'm not expecting anyone to believe this but it is true and very sad.

Anyone who searches my posts will see I never supported illegal aliens and still don't but I can now see if the child is close to 21 and has been here since a young age they do not remember their birth country and since they weren't born here they are not anchor babies. They didn't intend to do anything illegal and didn't. Just stupid error that is so costly and ripping this family apart.

You can say they can all leave but they all have jobs and business providing jobs to US citizens. It is not just packing their stuff and leave and go back and start over.

If they were illegal I would say.." you brought it on yourself" and the error made was indeed on themselves but how can this not be an acceptable error for USCIS to allow to be fixed.

To get a new visa the child will have to disclose immigration intend and only H1B or I-485 (green card) application basically allow it. The child can't claim asylum.
This doesn't make sense......they need to go in and explain. Something is missing in this story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2016, 07:24 AM
 
4,022 posts, read 1,707,415 times
Reputation: 3947
Of course I feel for the children, however, when a mom and/or dad get busted selling drugs or doing something else illegal do we EVER not prosecute them because while they are incarcerated the children will be left without parents?

It is never even a consideration.

I don't see why there appears to be a double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2016, 04:09 AM
 
10,830 posts, read 3,808,209 times
Reputation: 4696
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Of course I feel for the children, however, when a mom and/or dad get busted selling drugs or doing something else illegal do we EVER not prosecute them because while they are incarcerated the children will be left without parents?

It is never even a consideration.

I don't see why there appears to be a double standard.
Good point.

Breaking up illegal alien families is a "gross violation of human rights."

But breaking up the families of legal U.S. citizens is just fine and dandy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2016, 05:11 AM
 
25,342 posts, read 37,480,980 times
Reputation: 13261
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
This doesn't make sense......they need to go in and explain. Something is missing in this story.
You react like every person with common sense will react. In disbelief and 3 lawyers have all said the same.... that is what makes them so useless as there is nothing that can be done as the law is so wrong for cases like these.

Politicians always say that immigration needs an overhaul and then move on and doing nothing. The next day they will show up in front of a mic and say that illegal aliens need to be able to given a path.

A legal person who never was a day illegal and makes an error can't change it as they have shown immigration intend which disqualify them for most visa's even if legally they are entitled to get the green card but now they have to go the back of the line in their home country and wait 9 years due to a small error and being 3 month away from getting a green card. The law doesn't care if the child has been in the country for 16 years legally and parents and sibling have permanent status/citizen. Actually that is why the child can't even get an ESTA to visit them. The system is sick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top