U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 07:43 AM

22,956 posts, read 33,930,584 times

Advertisements

How many times do you hear legal aliens speak out how difficult they have it to stay here legally and how long the time frame is to get a green card unless you marry or any other lucky chance a few may have.

Illegal aliens come out even to the debates and Town Hall meeting to ask questions and don't feel worried that they can be picked up and deported.

I'm stunned how in such a short time frame of maybe 3 years legal aliens seem to be afraid to speak out as they worry not getting approved if they speak out while illegals don't seem to worry one bit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 08:06 AM

11,187 posts, read 5,571,752 times
not really "in the shadows" so to speak.. quite obvious as a matter of fact.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:13 AM

8,382 posts, read 8,821,147 times
My parents immigrated here legally and they feel like Hilary is spitting on them right now. They will be supporting the candidate that doesn't allow illegal line cutters into the system. To us, illegals are to remain illegal. The process allows a trickle into the work force over time so we can afford it. Amnesty for those who cheated the system is just a weakness that's hard to tolerate. I doubt anyone would tolerate it in any other situation like say, cheating on SAT's or even something as simple as black Friday shoppers. I'd like to see those who waited in line all night allow a heard of people just showing up to cut to the front of the line because they want their goods more or need them more than those who waited like they were told to do. Nobody would stand for it.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:10 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,343,025 times
Yes. Imagine waiting in line for hours to see a very good concert, and then when you are finally only a few feet from the ticket window, thousands of people just walk right past the ticket booth and into the stadium getting better seats than you.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Status: "Trump's worst is still better than Hill's best!" (set 3 days ago)

17,911 posts, read 11,694,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Yes. Imagine waiting in line for hours to see a very good concert, and then when you are finally only a few feet from the ticket window, thousands of people just walk right past the ticket booth and into the stadium getting better seats than you.
Yes and this same scenario, played out in any other venue would not be stood for. There would be NO one supporting such behavior.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:04 PM

22,956 posts, read 33,930,584 times
I do have a separation for kids who have been here and studied for like 15 years like young adults and don't know any other country. I feel that they can't go to an unknown place and ruin everything as they are the real victim as they don't below back in another country that they didn't know.

The parents is for me a different story as they did what they did on purpose and knew it was wrong and they need to go back and apply the legal way. They can also take all young kids as they will adjust easily.

We had two kids and one just had his 5th b'day when we moved here and doesn't remember much from our overseas country so I could see how that would be a real issue as I know of many E 2 kids in that position.

Not being an anchor baby but just arriving within the first 7 -10 years of your life and after more than 15 years to be send back is horrific for the kids who didn't do anything wrong. That will be really messing up their life.

As illegal aliens who entered after Obama's executive order, They should not allowed to stay here but with illegal aliens how can you proof when they were here and arrived here.

Immigration makes so many errors and the system is difficult and I have seen legal aliens who got in trouble even though they wanted to do the right thing and messed up by filling out the wrong paper by error and it can't be reversed.

I know of a woman who was on a visa with her husband and lived here for a long time. The husband made all arrangements and all of a sudden while she was in AOS status he told her he had met someone else and wanted to divorce and got married right away to a citizen and got that way a green card so fast and left the foreign wife of more than a decade of marriage out to dry and she overstayed and now if she goes back has no home there and over here she is now illegal due to what her husband did and her not being involved in the paperwork.

That to me is also a horrific situation. They didn't sneak in and she is a victim in my eyes.

I understand that by law she has to go back but she has here her friends, built her new life and it was all sucked from underneath her.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:31 PM

8,382 posts, read 8,821,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I do have a separation for kids who have been here and studied for like 15 years like young adults and don't know any other country. I feel that they can't go to an unknown place and ruin everything as they are the real victim as they don't below back in another country that they didn't know.

The parents is for me a different story as they did what they did on purpose and knew it was wrong and they need to go back and apply the legal way. They can also take all young kids as they will adjust easily.

We had two kids and one just had his 5th b'day when we moved here and doesn't remember much from our overseas country so I could see how that would be a real issue as I know of many E 2 kids in that position.

Not being an anchor baby but just arriving within the first 7 -10 years of your life and after more than 15 years to be send back is horrific for the kids who didn't do anything wrong. That will be really messing up their life.

As illegal aliens who entered after Obama's executive order, They should not allowed to stay here but with illegal aliens how can you proof when they were here and arrived here.

Immigration makes so many errors and the system is difficult and I have seen legal aliens who got in trouble even though they wanted to do the right thing and messed up by filling out the wrong paper by error and it can't be reversed.

I know of a woman who was on a visa with her husband and lived here for a long time. The husband made all arrangements and all of a sudden while she was in AOS status he told her he had met someone else and wanted to divorce and got married right away to a citizen and got that way a green card so fast and left the foreign wife of more than a decade of marriage out to dry and she overstayed and now if she goes back has no home there and over here she is now illegal due to what her husband did and her not being involved in the paperwork.

That to me is also a horrific situation. They didn't sneak in and she is a victim in my eyes.

I understand that by law she has to go back but she has here her friends, built her new life and it was all sucked from underneath her.
That happens to people in other countries as well, and they go back. The kids have to know their whole life that their parents are sneaking around another country. Yes, it's sad that a parent would put such pressure on children they bring here. Imagine all those years they had to help hide their parents.

It's not like Mexico is a waste land. They have good colleges in Mexico, and going back wouldn't be any different than living here for the child. If they had a college education in Mexico they'd get a good job.
Tons of good schools...Top Universities in Mexico | 2016 Reviews & Rankings Yet, we pay for their college here.

More than 1 million immigrant children without legal status reportedly live in the United States. Roughly 65,000 graduate from high school each year, but experts estimate that fewer than 6,500 go on to attend college.

Two major barriers a lack of information and assistance often prevent immigrant teens without legal permission from continuing their education, says Laura Bohorquez, coordinator of the DREAM Educational Empowerment Program at United We Dream, a nonprofit immigrant advocacy organization.

"Unfortunately, we're still getting a lot of questions from students thinking that because they're undocumented, they can't access higher education," Bohorquez says. Students without legal status have options, though, including laws at the state level that allow some noncitizens to receive in-state tuition at state colleges and universities, and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, an executive order issued by President Barack Obama that gives some young immigrants often referred to as DREAMers temporary resident status and a pathway to work legally.
How Immigrants Without Legal Status Can Pay for College - US News

These dreamers could also go to college in their own country......it's not like they have no educational system in Mexico. They actually have a really good one. It would take an adjustment but they knew it would be a possibility, it's not like they keep it a secret from their children, they couldn't.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:35 PM

26,326 posts, read 11,755,578 times
Quote:

I disagree. Just because some of those her illegally were brought here by their parents should not give them a pass on our immigration laws. They'd have to be awfully young not to remember their own country and they learn the culture and language from their parents anyway. The whole family should return together to their homeland. So you suggesting then that they be allowed to remain here but their parents deported? Wouldn't that be separating families? If they are to stay together as a family unit then as I said they need to return to their homeland together. If it's messing up their lives then they only have their parents to blame. Not our problem. People adjust fairly easy to a new environment and it would be even easier for those who have already been taught the culture and language of their new environment.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:00 PM

2,823 posts, read 2,450,041 times
Quote:
I do have a separation for kids who have been here and studied for like 15 years like young adults and don't know any other country.

What is the big deal if the kids go back with their parents? What? They should just stay here?
What if an American family is living in Wisconsin all their lives, but the dad is laid off and gets a job in Texas?
The family moves! With their kids! They don't leave the kids back in Wisconsin all because they're used to it. American families move around this big country all the time. If a family from Mexico or China, or wherever has to move, they move. People do it all the time, it's not a tragedy.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:16 PM

1,015 posts, read 302,322 times
Its absurd. nobody should encourage seperating families, but it seems like that is their excuse to stay.The whole family can stay together and be deported back its just that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration