U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:44 AM

8,711 posts, read 8,919,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The display made by Romney is the biggest knife in the back I have seen, maybe ever. I find it very hypocritical that Trump was ask to prove his loyalty and then when he is winning instead of standing behind him and supporting him the jerks are treating him like any common group of bullies treat any victim. They are disgusting and THEY will be responsible if the Republican candidate does not win. What a bunch of losers.

I remember that first debate where the mods asked Trump if he would swear to support whoever got the nomination vs making a 3rd party run. They pretty much made a big spectacle over it and made the candidates take the pledge.

Now where it looks like Trump may actually take the nomination, it's been nothing but lack of support and attempts to undermine him by the rest of the GOP.

I'm still up in the air on who I'm supporting, but found this little turn of events pretty telling about the Republican party. They truly do want business as usual and to leave the status quo

Last edited by BostonMike7; 03-15-2016 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 11:29 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Anyone with half a brain knows that most illegals are not sapping off the system but are here to work and support their families. Does this have a detrimental effect on the US Citizen population ? Maybe ? At some level it has to be detrimental but recognize that it also has a beneficial effect of keeping products and services very cheap and many industries are completely happy with this arrangement.

Yes we need a more rational immigration policy (no anchor babies, no family reunions, no special countries for 50 years (Cuba), etc ) but we don't need to deport people who have been working and obeying the law for many years. That is only going to make new problems.
Gosh, talk about not having a clue.

Low-paid illegal work force has little impact on prices | The Seattle Times
Welfare Use by Immigrant and Native Households | Center for Immigration Studies
Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch
SCHIP Bill Increases Illegal Immigrants' Access to Medicaid and Undermines Welfare Reform
https://www.numbersusa.org/pages/jobs-americans-wont-do
https://www.numbersusa.com/problems/taxpayer-burden
Are There Really Jobs Americans Won
Undocumented Workers in Construction Industry
The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013)
Why Illegal Aliens Are Hard on America and Why an Amnesty Will Not Help | Center for Immigration Studies
The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies

I have more resources but I would hope that even someone with a half a brain would be able to use this information to get a clue on the impact of illegal immigration on OUR country.

Load 'em up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Ted Cruz is the better option, look at the polls vs Hillary. He also has a conservative track record.
"Kill the gays" Cruz. Ah, no!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XFwpooE7q8

Old 03-16-2016, 02:04 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,129,613 times
You know how you sometimes flick through channels just to see what is on? I just happened upon a speech being made in the House by representative from Iowa, Steve King. It was the most sane speech I have seen about immigration or more correctly illegal immigration. I wish everybody in America had been watching too. The idea that these people are coming across our border just for a better life would immediately stop.

The cost to Americans by these illegals is astronomical.

Then he touched upon the fact that our president is aiding these criminals and turning loose murderers into our country when they should be deported.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:49 PM

3,789 posts, read 1,725,854 times
Quote:
The reason Trump has so many votes is that he has brought up many valid problems the other candidates think should be business as usual. I want our laws enforced instead of ignored. We shouldn't be giving money to other countries instead of keeping our word to those on SS and we need to treat our veterans right too.

My husband who is a Democrat and plans to vote for Trump after seeing how the news blamed him for the actions of unruly people, probably bused into Chicago. He said the main problem in the Republican party is that people wants the border closed and the illegals gone and nobody in D. C. is listening. They are listening to their fat cat donors instead.

Our government is treating legal citizens like second class citizens while those same citizens are working several jobs to pay for government waste. The biggest waste is paying people who are here illegally to stay here so the big companies can use the cheap labor and our taxpayers are subsidizing company profits.

Those of you who want term limits can do this on your own. Don't vote for anybody already in office. If we want congress to do their jobs; we're going to have to let them know it. Returning people like Rubio who thinks his job is ignoring his job and not showing up to vote needs to stop. If the job is beneath your attention; don't run and let someone else do it. Those who do not take care of the little stuff shouldn't be given a promotion.

The display made by Romney is the biggest knife in the back I have seen, maybe ever. I find it very hypocritical that Trump was ask to prove his loyalty and then when he is winning instead of standing behind him and supporting him the jerks are treating him like any common group of bullies treat any victim. They are disgusting and THEY will be responsible if the Republican candidate does not win. What a bunch of losers.
Amen. Great post.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:21 PM

10,375 posts, read 4,087,467 times
Quote:
Anyone with half a brain knows that most illegals are not sapping off the system but are here to work and support their families. Does this have a detrimental effect on the US Citizen population ? Maybe ? At some level it has to be detrimental but recognize that it also has a beneficial effect of keeping products and services very cheap and many industries are completely happy with this arrangement.

Yes we need a more rational immigration policy (no anchor babies, no family reunions, no special countries for 50 years (Cuba), etc ) but we don't need to deport people who have been working and obeying the law for many years. That is only going to make new problems.
You are so naive about this. You have no idea.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:35 PM

1,431 posts, read 659,009 times
Quote:

How are they obeying the law if they're illegals? How are they not sapping off the system when they're being awarded full ride scholarships in states like CA? Are you sure about what you wrote? It seems a little misinformed.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:38 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
How are they obeying the law if they're illegals? How are they not sapping off the system when they're being awarded full ride scholarships in states like CA? Are you sure about what you wrote? It seems a little misinformed.

They are sapping off the system in a big way through their anchor babies. First we pay for their births and then welfare for them till they are 18 years old. The costs are astronomical.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:42 PM

44,580 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
There is always time to change your mind.
Yes, there is time. However, until Trump recants other things he has said and done, my mind is made up. I could easily vote Republican, but not if Donald Trump wins the nomination.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:55 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yes, there is time. However, until Trump recants other things he has said and done, my mind is made up. I could easily vote Republican, but not if Donald Trump wins the nomination.

Please share with us what Trump has said and done that affects you directly in a negative way. Remember that this is the illegal immigration forum and I know you aren't an illegal alien.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:35 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You apparently don't know that once illegals birth an anchor baby, through that baby the family is eligible for Section 8 housing. Not to mention WIC and EBT cards.

Yes, illegal immigration most certainly has "a detrimental effect on the US citizen population". Illegals have displaced many Americans who work in the construction fields. Honest contractors can't compete with sleazy contractors who hire illegals and pay them under the table, thereby engaging in tax evasion. How can an honest contractor compete with that? I've talked to many honest contractors who have told me that they are barely hanging in there.

Not only that, but illegals have depressed the wages in many other jobs. For example, the meatpacking and poultry processing plants once paid a good enough salary to propel workers into the lower middle class. Once illegals became a dime a dozen, sleazy employers quickly learned that they could hire the illegals, pay them less, give them no benefits and become lax when it comes to on the job safety. When illegals don't get benefits, who do you think pays for it when they use the local hospitals? Answer---the taxpaying American citizens and legal immigrants.

As for this: "we don't need to deport people who have been working and obeying the law for many years." None of them have been obeying the law. Right from the start, they broke the law when they either sneaked across the border or overstayed a tourist visa. Once here, in order to work, they broke the law by illegally holding a job. To hold that job, they either had to use a stolen ID (ID theft is a felony) or use a fake SSN. That fake SSN might actually belong to a living person who gets put in a world of hurt. Did you know that the law says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it? Despicably, no one on either side of the aisle has made an effort to close that loophole. Right now, someone could be using your SSN and the SSA won't tell you. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing a tax return on a job you never worked.

No one should ever be rewarded for breaking the law. Period.

Thank You as usual straight forward and true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or