U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:40 PM

65 posts, read 108,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I am racist against Americans? I am an American. La Raza? I'm not part of NCLR.
you sure dont act like one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 05:41 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,162,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMan View Post
you sure dont act like one...
An American judging another Americans' Americaness. Wow, just who are you again? If you have a problem with me do it over PM.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:52 PM

I have problems with pro-amnesty-anchor kids, pro-illegal folks who
harbor illegals, pro-illegal folks who were once an illegal who snuck
across our border and now are legal, they still don't belong here because
of HOW they got here to begin with. And I have a problem with those
who are amnesty freebee citizens who think it's ok for all thier relatives
to sneal over and give them refuge (put-the-cart-before-the-horse) and pay for them to become legal while harboring them illegally.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMan View Post
I have problems with pro-amnesty-anchor kids, pro-illegal folks who
harbor illegals, pro-illegal folks who were once an illegal who snuck
across our border and now are legal, they still don't belong here because
of HOW they got here to begin with. And I have a problem with those
who are amnesty freebee citizens who think it's ok for all thier relatives
to sneal over and give them refuge (put-the-cart-before-the-horse) and pay for them to become legal while harboring them illegally.
I am not pro-amnesty, I am not a pro-illegal who harbors them. But I am guilty of inviting an illegal to eat. Does that qualify as harboring them?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:01 PM

522 posts, read 857,838 times
What to REALLY do about illegal immigration is to simply stop making it so lucrative here.
Get back to basics , and keep things simple. No new superhighways, no new welfare programs, none. Get rid of all the govt tax and spend-ums.Put the people here back in business and they won't mind a visitor. Offer incentives to business owners , such as a tax break for hiring a citizen. Offer incentives(trade policy) to Mexico to reform their government.Offer incentives for the american business owner to keep his business here, instead of shipping it out. Put those (visitors)who break the law here ,into immediate extradition and send them home.Stop all riots at the border by making a clear policy requiring any foreign workers to post a 1500.00 bond to enter the country. Enforce this by arresting any other illegals, interrogating business owners who hire the illegals.Especially their tax records. Force them to pay back prevailing wage, and add a penalty.Make an example of a few of them and get them on the NEWS.(this means getting back an HONEST media)
Free Ramos and Compean and send them home to their family.
Offer assistance to small business owners instead of to illegals. Provide no more free lunch.
Elect only those who have signed the agreement to follow through on their illigal policies(there are only 2 candidates that have signed it) One is Huckabee , the other is Ron Paul.
And last but not least, please do not vote for McCain, Hillary or Obama, for they all have the same agenda where this is concerned.
I implore you !!!!
Get Connected To The Efforts Working To Stop the NAU (broken link)

Elect only leaders who will keep our country sovereign

Ron Paul 2008 — Hope for America

Old 02-10-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I am not pro-amnesty, I am not a pro-illegal who harbors them. But I am guilty of inviting an illegal to eat. Does that qualify as harboring them?
I have seen a post of yours that you did state you were for amnesty and for closing of the border. you said deporting was not the answer, but give amnesty for those already here AND close the border so no others could come.. that's what you stated and I am sure many other on here seen it as well.. so sorry you lie. and yes inviting an illegal into your home is giving refuge.. weather it be for a short time... but many former mexico people who are now us citizens do have many illegal relatives. they know it's wrong to take them in.. but they don't care and do it anyway.. even tho it's a felony.
why should they care when they snuck into the us themselves...then became a citizen by way of amnesty or later down the road some other way.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:47 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,246 times
Quote:
Thats just it, some jokes are racist. I was offended by your comment.
PL, you really should grow a skin...

Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
PL, you really should grow a skin...
You mean grow skin? If you're going to insult me, do so with proper grammar.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,246 times
Quote:
You mean grow skin? If you're going to insult me, do so with proper grammar.
If metaphorically calling you hypersensitive is an insult than you REALLY need to 'grow a skin', and soon.

Since skin is an organ of the body my use of the 'a' denoting a singular was entirely proper, grammatically speaking.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:56 AM

1,884 posts, read 4,019,037 times
Quote:
but when you finally have some life experience.. then
come and chat with us life experienced Adults
by AmericanMan

AmericanMan, do you own your own business(s)? Just curious

How many of you on this thread own your own business?

If you say "all illegals" are bad for the US, then you could say the same about whites, blacks, and rednecks.

In my little area of the world there are bad whites, blacks, mexicans, legal and illegal. There are also those in each "group" that are assets to the community. Can you really put a "blanket" over an entire "group"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration