U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2016, 02:53 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,168,808 times

Advertisements

I thought this looked like a pretty good article and by looking through it, I have determined that we can fill those jobs easily after we cart the illegals back to where they came from!

One in eight undocumented immigrants in the U.S. now has a white-collar job | Fusion

We have a high school here that will graduate about 200 and we have maybe 2 jobs that will be open for them. Some will go to the vo-tech and some to college and when they get out, there still won't be a job for them.
I understand even with the military, there aren't that many openings since it has been seriously reduced and their have been liberal cries to let the illegals in the military.

I don't care what Trump may "tweet", he is still my candidate and the ONLY one that represents any hope at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 02:50 AM

31,749 posts, read 18,638,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I understand even with the military, there aren't that many openings since it has been seriously reduced and their have been liberal cries to let the illegals in the military..
I wonder if there is something else going on.

I don't remember where I read this, but according to a former military officer, the cutback of 40,000 active duty Army personnel is a grave mistake that will cost us. It isn’t just a number that can be rectified overnight. Those are 40,000 highly trained, experience professionals who have been intensely drilled to work together and support each other under adverse conditions. The thin line of NCOs — the veteran sergeants who get things done despite the system - will be decimated. You cannot just summon people like that from the unemployment rolls. It takes a generation to develop a cadre of well-trained, well-led and highly motivated troops. When they are gone, they’re gone. The really scary part is that everyone who follows the defense budget anticipates more draconian cuts to come.

I wonder why do they want to cut defense budget, at the same time, All Combat Roles Now Open to Women and they also let the illegals in the military. Some Things Just Don't Add Up

Old 03-27-2016, 08:43 AM

13,443 posts, read 11,967,380 times
Why aren't companies getting in trouble for hiring these illegals? It's not like hiring a gardener or cook that you can pay under the table. I would think professionals need to have a paper trail.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:58 AM

31,967 posts, read 14,750,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why aren't companies getting in trouble for hiring these illegals? It's not like hiring a gardener or cook that you can pay under the table. I would think professionals need to have a paper trail.

Because it has to be proven that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Sometimes they know and sometimes they don't. Illegals use some very authentic looking fake documents to gain employment. E-verify would fix the problem. It would end the fraud both on the part of the employers and the illegals themselves.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:16 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,168,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because it has to be proven that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Sometimes they know and sometimes they don't. Illegals use some very authentic looking fake documents to gain employment. E-verify would fix the problem. It would end the fraud both on the part of the employers and the illegals themselves.
Yes, e-verify for ALL jobs. https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify

Old 03-27-2016, 06:32 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
they are protected- by biggies govs and senators
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration