Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times

Advertisements

Gee, what a surprise!!! Except that it's not, to me anyway. I hear complaints about them all the time.

BIENVENIDO: Cubans handed cash, Social Security card, food stamps, Medicaid at U.S. border | News OK

"Thousands of Cubans rushing the U.S. border in record numbers are being greeted with a Welcome Wagon operation the provides them with taxpayer-funded benefits including cash, a Social Security card, food stamps, and Medicaid, according to a review of the latest immigration crisis on the border. During a field trip to the Laredo, Texas crossing point, two experts from the Center for Immigration Studies documented how Cubans are provided with the services free of charge in a storefront operation set up by a Cuban immigrant, who even provides housing and schedules transportation to Miami. The door is wide open. Come and get your free stuff, is how Jessica M. Vaughan, director of policy studies for the Center for Immigration Studies, sized it up. Center for Immigration Studies photo."

Old 03-31-2016, 03:45 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
They aren't illegal. South Texas congressmen back bill to end special treatment for Cuban migrants | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KGBT. They've been given this right since 1966. Some see the policy as outdated now and are looking to end it.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:07 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
They aren't illegal. South Texas congressmen back bill to end special treatment for Cuban migrants | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KGBT. They've been given this right since 1966. Some see the policy as outdated now and are looking to end it.
I hope they look and act quickly. Both legal immigrants and illegal aliens are coming with hands out. We cannot continue to carry all of this people. Between our own that don't want to work and these people, the few left can't carry them. With the older population passing on, who is going to be paying taxes? Not enough people to carry the rest.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:44 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I hope they look and act quickly. Both legal immigrants and illegal aliens are coming with hands out. We cannot continue to carry all of this people. Between our own that don't want to work and these people, the few left can't carry them. With the older population passing on, who is going to be paying taxes? Not enough people to carry the rest.

You are so right it has to stop but with most candidates being in favor of amnesty how do we vote?
With Hillary or Bernie it is only going to get worse and it is the same way with the GOP candidates except Trump but he seems to be trying his hardest to blow his chances.

I am all for legal immigration but coming here illegally and getting handouts. Who came up with that idea?

The problem is when America crashes the immigrants can go back home but where do we go?
I saw this in a Brazilian community during the recession.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:30 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
You are so right it has to stop but with most candidates being in favor of amnesty how do we vote?
With Hillary or Bernie it is only going to get worse and it is the same way with the GOP candidates except Trump but he seems to be trying his hardest to blow his chances.

I am all for legal immigration but coming here illegally and getting handouts. Who came up with that idea?

The problem is when America crashes the immigrants can go back home but where do we go?
I saw this in a Brazilian community during the recession.
the father-land-- most of us not from here - and I'm an against illegal but our ancestors all came here hungry--

Old 03-31-2016, 02:43 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
I know this, but it's ridiculous that just because someone comes over for whatever reason, they get on welfare, for the rest of their lives. This wet foot, dry foot bit is silly. Why can't illegals work like everyone else has to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I read the other day that we're getting close to the tipping point, where the people on welfare are catching up to the taxpayers who are supporting their lazy butts. That's why Obama wants to stop medicare and slash mental health funding, and whatever else he can that helps the white American citizen. Well, he also wants an 18% raise, lols. He doesn't help older people, but he sure has his hand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
the father-land-- most of us not from here - and I'm an against illegal but our ancestors all came here hungry--

I'm from here. My European ancestors came here, and built this country, established laws, and created the birth of a nation. No one else did. Only the Europeans.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:08 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
There's a difference between foreigners coming here hungry and legal and coming here illegally for any reason.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:12 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I'm from here. My European ancestors came here, and built this country, established laws, and created the birth of a nation. No one else did. Only the Europeans.
Your ancestors simply settled here. They didn't "build" squat.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
They are illegal. Only 20,000 Cubans are allowed to enter the country legally every year. But many other Cubans enter illegally every year. Apparently there's a fear among Cubans on the island that the newly improved relations between the US and Cuba will lead to a dismantling of the Cuban Adjustment Act. And so, thousands of them keep on coming to US, illegally.

And yes, no other nationality gets that type of special treatment once they get here.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Your ancestors simply settled here. They didn't "build" squat.
Just stop it, please.

Except for the Aztecs and a few other Indian tribes, none of them built "squat" here either before the white man came here . Most tribes were nomads moving from place to place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration