U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 06:51 PM

23,010 posts, read 31,965,939 times

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com

The pro-illegal Washington Post does it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 07:34 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Default The frustrations of being a criminal

Dave waits at home and watches traffic pass by his run down apartment.
He sips his beer and and waits for good morning america to come on. The Dixie chicks are supposed perform.
He nods his head as a local police car passes. Yeah he says its frustrating. I wanna go get some smokes but I robbed a 7 eleven last week. Pretty sure its only a matter of time for the cops kick the door in. I only stole 36 bucks whats the big deal? He shakes his head and downs the last of his beer. This sucks he says, no smokes and no more beer. Can't go out might be seen. Its only a matter of time.
Illegals made a choice to come here illegally. They have chosen a life that includes the risk of being caught and deported. Are we to feel sorry for them? I think no more than we would anyone who has chosen to ignore our laws. They seek to impose their will on us. accept them even though they refuse to accepts our immigration laws. They demand that we give them special rights. All the while they cheat our government, they cheat our legal workers out their livelyhoods. No I feel no sense of wrong doing by deporting those who feel no remorse for cheating each and every legal resident or citizen in our country.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:20 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Here's a sample of the comments after the article. It looks like the readership of the WaPo is starting to 'get it'...

jdkjslj wrote:
On one hand, I don't feel sorry for Ms. Llanes at all. She and her husband put themselves in this situation. Driving without a license is dangerous (Hello? do they know the rules of the road? Can they read the signs?). There's no way to build a comfortable, productive life if you start off breaking rules and cutting corners.

On the other hand, after reading A Daily Dose of Brutality by Mica Rosenberg in Sunday's paper, I totally understand why a person would panic and try to get over here any way they could. Life in Guatemala seems really scary at the moment.
2/11/2008 10:08:41 PM
Recommend (0) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

Alanboy395 wrote:
Ok, Washington Post. I'm sick of you and your sob stories about hispanic illegal immigrants. You want a sob story involving hispanics in Prince WIlliam Co? My best friend, who is a legal english-fluent hispanic, came to his house this weekend and found six fire trucks and his family's home burned to the ground. Where was that in your pro-illegal paper? Oh i forgot you only want to write about illegal immigrants (who habla espanol and no habla anglais) who are misunderstood.

They took the risk of breaking the law and now they afraid of getting caught. Boo-hoo!!!!!
2/11/2008 10:03:44 PM

Patriot12 wrote:
confederate-son2002 writes for Council LaRaza - a plant - same style, same BS - just to draw attention to the same Council LaRaza message trying to typify the most diverse nation on the planet as racist when it is Council LaRaza who represent the most arrogant racists on earth demanding that we ONLY Let Mexicans and Central Americans in this country, not Asians, Africans, or Euros because Coucnil LaRaza is "THE ONE and ONLY RACE".

Truth be told, this is less about race , as it is nationality. The Mexican Nationals (Mexicans Without Borders and Council LaRaza and Mecha) and the MS13 El Salvador nationals are here illegally because, as they say, it is their right to be here and YOU GRINGOS cannot stop us because we know how to abuse your legal system and use it against you.

They are here to steal and doing a great job of it. They are here, unlike any other culture or peoples on earth, to abuse our laws and system anddemand that we assimmilate to their Nations and cultures and their "protective" criminal gangs.

Deny them their beneifts and money and they will go home. As for the Latin Kings and MS13, we should deny them their lives and then we won't have to pay for them to go home.

It's as easy as telling them: if you wear an MS13 tattoo, we're coming after you.

Our Politicians do nothing.

I'll say it again - On Tuesday, send a message to our pandering policticians and Vote For Ron Paul!
2/11/2008 8:11:00 PM
Recommend (5) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

Ward4DC wrote:
Let me say this, all Hispanics are not criminals or illegal aliens. Many are productive United States citizens. I feel that it is wrong for Latinos/Hispanics "NOT" to be against illegal immigration, cracking down on illegal aliens, and enforcing our immigration laws. If these were millions of blacks or whites coming from the Caribbean, Africa, or Europe, the majority of Hispanics would be for enforcing immigration laws. I am a black citizen with over 400 years of ancestry back to slavery in South Carolina. If these were millions of black Africans or black Caribbeans who broke U.S. laws by crossing our porous borders, I would want their behinds deported and U.S. immigration laws enforced. I am a citizen of the United States of America, not some foreign country on the continent of Africa or in the Caribbean.

2/11/2008 7:57:07 PM
Recommend (7) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

BlueDogDemocrat wrote:
confederate-son2002 wrote:
Send all the colored people back to their homeland, even BLACK americans. Let's get our country back, get it WHITE to get it right.

Who's to say a Salvadoran, Mexican, or some other Hispanic wrote this under this screen name? Many Central Americans/Mexicans resent blacks, because we have a history here and they don't. People can hide behind their computer and use any name they want on a blog. I take it with a gran of salt.
2/11/2008 7:53:26 PM
Recommend (2) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

mcm31 wrote:
My sympathies come from that fact that I CANNOT imagine having her life. Dangerous border crossings, coyotes to bring in her young, vulnerable children. Oh my lord! My parents came to the US legally and it was still very rough for our family, despite being "in the system."

As for how much it costs to become a citizen, my parents spent tens of thousands of dollars in applications, fees, lawyers, etc. I'm not surprised people balk at the cost.

2/11/2008 7:52:39 PM

susan12 wrote:
It is hard to summom sympathy for someone who is here in the US illegally. If I were in another country illegally, I certainly wouldn't expect the privileges of legal citizens. We are the melting pot, but of those who come legally and are willing to learn the language, assimilate into the culture, wave the American flag, and not the flag of the country that obviously was bad enough to leave. If you want to live in America and have the rights of Americans, please come legally. You will be welcomed with open arms.

I am tired of my tax dollars paying for the education and health care of illegal children in this country. As a teacher, it is frustrating to try to get hispanic/latino parents to understand the necessity of actively investing in their child's education when speaking English is not a priority. PLEASE!!!!!! Sorry, no sympathy from me.
2/11/2008 7:24:26 PM

jbc3 wrote:
Dear Ms. Illegal,

Go home and you won't be illegal anymore. We citizen taxpayers regret that when we PAY for your deportation after paying for your illegal stay you feel anxiety. And thanks for having a baby here who automatically get U.S. citizenship. I'm sure he/she will bring you all back eventually to get legal status you never deserved. When will the U.S. change these counter-productive citizenship laws?

I'll bet there are at least two billion sad personal stories, but the U.S. can't solve them all. Our own citizens, those who were born here and those who play by the rules, don't have healthcare, adequate retirement, or good jobs.

The Post really ought to run articles on the problems of legal Americans who can't make a decent life, no matter how hard they work.

How is illegal immigration different from illegally smoking a joint in the privacy of your home? Oh I know, you get a trip to Mexico rather than a trip to jail.

And the Post is guilty of condoning and encouraging illegals by calling them "undocumented immigrants". They are illegal aliens, and if I went to their country violating the same laws, I would be arrested.

Don't let the screen door hit her on the way out...

2/11/2008 7:10:35 PM
Recommend (6) Report Abuse Discussion Policy

jhbyer wrote:
Unwelcome is precisely the desired effect, but how unfair that criminal employers reap nothing but profits from the trouble and grief caused by their greedy exploitation of illegals. WaPo?! Please sic' an investigative reporter on the employers of Ms. Llhanes .
2/11/2008 6:32:37 PM

highwaybluesoccer wrote:
Scrape together $12,000, are you kidding me? She has money for that and she cannot use it get herself legal so she can bring her kids. GO HOME GIRL.
2/11/2008 6:29:26 PM

Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Oh waaaaaa!!!!!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:38 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,062,712 times
Mentioning the hurricane was a nice touch. As we all know, only illegals were affected by that storm. *rolls eyes*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration