U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times

Advertisements

95% of the immigrants we allow from other countries seeking US citizenship should meet the following qualifications.

1. HS graduate or higher
2. Proficiency in English
3. Pass background test
4. Free of communicable disease
5. Have a source of income sufficent enough to cover one year/not need welfare.
6. No prior record of illegal entry in the US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 09:41 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
95% of the immigrants we allow from other countries seeking US citizenship should meet the following qualifications.

1. HS graduate or higher
3. Pass background test
I believe the requirements for immigrating here were pretty close to that prior to 'Swimmer' Kennedy's 1965 treason. Remember when he said "Our cities will not be overrun by a million immigrants annually."

Old 02-12-2008, 09:41 AM

440 posts, read 236,319 times
Originally, the requirements of legally immigrating to America were very similar to what you have posted. The exception being there were no level of education requirements for farm workers. Immigration was considered a need based privilege. Unfortunately for America since the onset of globalization legal immigration is no longer based on the needs of the US. Legal immigrants and illegal aliens seem to think its their right to come here for whatever they deem a necessary reason for doing so and thanks to the corporate masters, it's resulted in the horrific abuse of American workers, our laws and our economy.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:54 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Legal immigrants and illegal aliens seem to think its their right to come here for whatever they deem a necessary reason for doing so and thanks to the corporate masters, it's resulted in the horrific abuse of American workers, our laws and our economy.
And you can blame the liberals in charge for planting that mindset into their heads.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:14 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
That WAS the way it was back then, until Ted Kennedy, the traitor, came up with this "family reunification" idea where someone comes here, and can bring the whole family.

First, the husband brings the wife who brings the kids who bring the cousins, who bring the aunts and uncles, who bring the grandmothers..........etc. It has nothing to do with job skills, being able to support oneself, etc.

That is just legal immigration. With illegal, they wait until they come here to start a family so that the kids are American citizens and have all the services "free".

Old 02-12-2008, 12:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
And you can blame the liberals in charge for planting that mindset into their heads.
Yes, the mindset is indeed liberal, but liberals are definitely not in charge. Those in charge, the corporations, are anything but liberal. (I hesitate to call them conservative. Maybe "fascist" would be an appropriate term.)

Old 02-12-2008, 02:40 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,116,913 times
Quote:

1. HS graduate or higher
3. Pass background test
Back in the 1800s, people who came as immigrants had to have a sponsor, some money and a job and were checked out for communicable diseases. Most came and learned English quickly; if you came, you came to be an American. Most immigrants were fairly uneducated, but their children went to school. Certainly, criminals snuck through... it wasn't like now w/computer tracing.

The last of my own family got here between 1840 and 1850. I am always the youngest child of the youngest child in a large family.... we have few generations between the immigrant and my generation. The immigrant's children all spoke English and went to HS (and a generation after that, my grandfather to college around 1890, for law), all worked. The immigrants all became citizens. My husband's family has been here since the 1600s, and were way ahead of mine.

Personally, I think the return to the immigration policies of the mid 1800s might not be too hard to do and would be very beneficial. No matter who it is, you woul;d need to come on a visa with a job waiting, you'd need to vow allegiance here and learn English immediately, and you can't bring anyone until you are a citizen and educated and working.... unfortuanately, I doubt it will ever happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or