U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2016, 02:55 AM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,449,015 times
Reputation: 4156

Advertisements

to fund illegals scholarships. Wow, seriously, is there anything they don't get free? I bet there are more American citizens who would love to be able to go to college free. And, how many citizens are having to pay their school loans back, for years? This is ridiculous. I see this article is from Fox, but there are plenty more out there. Somethings wrong with my mouse now. I can't copy and paste anymore on this.

Arizona college imposes fee to fund scholarship for illegal immigrants | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2016, 04:40 AM
 
10,830 posts, read 3,809,826 times
Reputation: 4696
Americans need to stop believing in colleges and universities.

Colleges and universities don't make any attempt to A) tailor their programs to the job market, or B) connect their students to the job market.

They have become nothing more than left-wing political indoctrination camps with beer kegs if you're lucky.

A college degree meant something when only 10 percent of the population went to college.

Now it means nothing.

You're better off borrowing money to start a business than borrowing money to go to college.

The only exceptions I can think of are genius level students in STEM disciplines and very smart students who are sure to get into medical school or dental school.

As long as Americans continue to line up to waste money on "going to college," they deserve what they get.

And if you're motivated to learn about interesting subjects (instead of just training for a job or profession), that's what libraries are for -- and they're free. A few months of travel overseas can put icing on the cake. You don't need college for that.

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-08-2016 at 04:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2016, 07:10 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
to fund illegals scholarships. Wow, seriously, is there anything they don't get free? I bet there are more American citizens who would love to be able to go to college free. And, how many citizens are having to pay their school loans back, for years? This is ridiculous. I see this article is from Fox, but there are plenty more out there. Somethings wrong with my mouse now. I can't copy and paste anymore on this.

Arizona college imposes fee to fund scholarship for illegal immigrants | Fox News
I read the headline and, refused to go any further, it pissed me off that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2016, 08:34 AM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Americans need to stop believing in colleges and universities.

Colleges and universities don't make any attempt to A) tailor their programs to the job market, or B) connect their students to the job market.

They have become nothing more than left-wing political indoctrination camps with beer kegs if you're lucky.

A college degree meant something when only 10 percent of the population went to college.

Now it means nothing.

You're better off borrowing money to start a business than borrowing money to go to college.

The only exceptions I can think of are genius level students in STEM disciplines and very smart students who are sure to get into medical school or dental school.

As long as Americans continue to line up to waste money on "going to college," they deserve what they get.

And if you're motivated to learn about interesting subjects (instead of just training for a job or profession), that's what libraries are for -- and they're free. A few months of travel overseas can put icing on the cake. You don't need college for that.

I agree, there should be more emphasis and opportunity in training for a job rather than going to college unless it is for something like a medical degree, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2016, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Eastern Tennessee
2,298 posts, read 1,525,084 times
Reputation: 5796
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Americans need to stop believing in colleges and universities.

Colleges and universities don't make any attempt to A) tailor their programs to the job market, or B) connect their students to the job market.

They have become nothing more than left-wing political indoctrination camps with beer kegs if you're lucky.

A college degree meant something when only 10 percent of the population went to college.

Now it means nothing.

You're better off borrowing money to start a business than borrowing money to go to college.

The only exceptions I can think of are genius level students in STEM disciplines and very smart students who are sure to get into medical school or dental school.

As long as Americans continue to line up to waste money on "going to college," they deserve what they get.

And if you're motivated to learn about interesting subjects (instead of just training for a job or profession), that's what libraries are for -- and they're free. A few months of travel overseas can put icing on the cake. You don't need college for that.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2016, 10:30 AM
 
14,241 posts, read 7,411,145 times
Reputation: 8030
Saw this yesterday.. absurd.. It is a private college. I'll certainly not patronize them. Some big time illegal pandering going on.. ALL BY DESIGN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2016, 10:29 PM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,449,015 times
Reputation: 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree, there should be more emphasis and opportunity in training for a job rather than going to college unless it is for something like a medical degree, etc.
When they ask any illegal what they want to be when they graduate, it's always, ( and I'm sure you all already guessed this) always, an Immigration Attorney, to help more people get over here from other countries. Whee.

Why is it that the loopholes they find always are in favor of illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2016, 12:54 AM
 
6,353 posts, read 3,450,350 times
Reputation: 5276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
When they ask any illegal what they want to be when they graduate, it's always, ( and I'm sure you all already guessed this) always, an Immigration Attorney, to help more people get over here from other countries. Whee.

Why is it that the loopholes they find always are in favor of illegals?
Who would be tasked with finding loopholes against immigrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2016, 04:11 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Who would be tasked with finding loopholes against immigrants?
Legal or illegal aliens here? IF talking illegals; why should their despicable kind be allowed to cut in front of people trying to do things the right way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2016, 04:12 AM
 
10,830 posts, read 3,809,826 times
Reputation: 4696
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Who would be tasked with finding loopholes against immigrants?
Our government, which has no interest in stopping illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top