U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:23 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

Enhancing its position as one Obamacare exchange that takes its job seriously, Covered California on Thursday took a significant step toward bringing health insurance to the largest single group still on the outside looking in: immigrants in the U.S. illegally.

California's Obamacare exchange takes a step to bring immigrants in the U.S. illegally into the pool - LA Times

How about cuffing and stuffing those illegal aliens, hold them with NO release except back home to their countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 08:15 AM

4,837 posts, read 1,984,274 times
California is suicidal.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:35 AM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times
What? So illegals that work but don't pay taxes, receive welfare and other aide that is paid by our taxes are going to be receiving yet another hand out in the form of Obamacare.
I know people that are struggling to pay for their mandated healthcare and it is a real burden. There are so many citizens that fall between the threshold of making just enough money so they can't receive financial help and they don't make enough that the cost isn't a big deal.

It is scary to think what will happen if Heil Hillary or worse Bernie becomes President. The American citizen will be taking a backseat for the ride into obscurity.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:39 PM

1,936 posts, read 2,729,615 times
That is not a surprise to Californians--it was always the plan. I'm just surprised it's taken them this long to do it. Our governor is also pushing for all illegal aliens to be able to legally vote in California--it's a right, dontcha know.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:04 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,125,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
That is not a surprise to Californians--it was always the plan. I'm just surprised it's taken them this long to do it. Our governor is also pushing for all illegal aliens to be able to legally vote in California--it's a right, dontcha know.
Pretty soon the will be able to buy those empty houses once working people owned. At least the rich will still have their workers, while the working class will be seeking a new state, until the next state goes California!

Wait until all those babies start producing babies!!!

Old 04-09-2016, 04:29 PM

41,859 posts, read 31,725,984 times
The undocumented are not eligible for subsidies.

Nothing precludes undocumented from buying insurance directly from an insurer.

So why is anyone in this state spending time on this legislation?

The article makes clear that the proposal is symbolic and symbols are important.

It seems to be a symbol of the insanity of some state legislators.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:42 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

The article makes clear that the proposal is symbolic and symbols are important.

I'm afraid you're right about those American hating traitors who claim to speak for us.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:11 PM

9,293 posts, read 4,739,931 times
I think this is the intention all along but illegals dont want to pay.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:33 AM

4,522 posts, read 1,943,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Yes that is exactly what they're pushing in this state. A bill was introduced last year for all illegals in CA to be covered under Medi-Cal; the governor has already signed a version allowing for those 19 and under. (Last time I checked, 18 and 19 year-olds weren't children...) The purpose is to include low-income people who cannot afford to purchase their own health care but are ineligible for the Affordable Care Act because they're illegal.

Bill Text - SB-1005 Health care coverage: immigration status.

Senator Lara Introduces Health for All Act | Senator Ricardo Lara

Old 04-10-2016, 11:54 AM

9,999 posts, read 4,223,466 times
It's nice that I bust my ass working 60 hours a week and then see only 60% of what I earned so that illegals can be given VIP treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration