U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 07:26 AM

33,136 posts, read 39,078,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Todd, why would illegals want to go to Canada when they have everything at their fingertips here?
Exactly. If you were an illegal in Canada you'd be found out rather quickly as you would be required to show proper id to avail yourself of any welfare program,healthcare,education,drivers license etc.Dont have the id? you don't get the service and you are immediately under suspicion as to why you don't have the required id..
Evidently in the USA its all given freely to any one who wants it making the elimination of illegals an impossible task when the laws to curtail illegal immigration are not enforced to the extent needed to impact that illegal demographic..
Build a wall? yeah that'll work..
For any one who cares about the Canadian perspective on Canadas illegal immigrant population go up to the Canada section to see how much we obsess about the issue.

Last edited by jambo101; 04-12-2016 at 07:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 08:47 AM

9,792 posts, read 7,106,581 times
Ok I was just curious and I didn't mean to get the Canadians here riled up.

I'm glad to hear that Canada has immigration laws and they actually enforce them. I wish the US would do the same.
If we would just enforce the laws that are already on the books we wouldn't have the need to obsess so much over what is happening here.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:55 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,058,301 times
Cape Cod Todd.

Thanks for all most apologising..........

And to Packard Fan.....

US citizens can visit Canada, with out a VISA, for up to six months at a time, just like Canadians can VISIT the US. for up to six months at a time. That is called treating each other as equals.

The Americans who are living in Canada illegally.....tend to be young, with no education, and couch surfing with friends, while working for cash here. They get tripped up when they have to deal with some form of official government agency, such as the Health Care system ( no health card ) or the Police, ( no Provincial Driver's license,) and or no Immigration work permit. That results in them being taken into custody by the Canadian Border Services Agency's enforcement unit , held in jail until they have a hearing before the Immigration and Refugee adjudication board, then they are taken to the US border and turned over to the US Marshalls' Service. They are given a 5 year ban, from entering Canada.

JiM B.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:55 PM

16,740 posts, read 9,472,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Ok I was just curious and I didn't mean to get the Canadians here riled up.

I'm glad to hear that Canada has immigration laws and they actually enforce them. I wish the US would do the same.
If we would just enforce the laws that are already on the books we wouldn't have the need to obsess so much over what is happening here.
True dat!

The really embarrassing question would start with "why" those laws are being ignored. I know the major part of the answer but you wouldn't like to hear it.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:31 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Cape Cod Todd.

Thanks for all most apologising..........

And to Packard Fan.....

US citizens can visit Canada, with out a VISA, for up to six months at a time, just like Canadians can VISIT the US. for up to six months at a time. That is called treating each other as equals.

The Americans who are living in Canada illegally.....tend to be young, with no education, and couch surfing with friends, while working for cash here. They get tripped up when they have to deal with some form of official government agency, such as the Health Care system ( no health card ) or the Police, ( no Provincial Driver's license,) and or no Immigration work permit. That results in them being taken into custody by the Canadian Border Services Agency's enforcement unit , held in jail until they have a hearing before the Immigration and Refugee adjudication board, then they are taken to the US border and turned over to the US Marshalls' Service. They are given a 5 year ban, from entering Canada.

JiM B.
5 year ban? It needs to be a 10 year ban. Period.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:51 PM

7,827 posts, read 10,351,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
5 year ban? It needs to be a 10 year ban. Period.
Good luck getting back in if you've ever been banned before. It's five years, go to jail. Effectively lifetime.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:02 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Good luck getting back in if you've ever been banned before. It's five years, go to jail. Effectively lifetime.
I don't have a problem with any country enforcing its laws against ILLEGAL immigration, even Canada against American illegals and, I AM an American.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:49 PM

9,792 posts, read 7,106,581 times
It is so good to hear that Canada takes their border and violators seriously. That is what makes a country.

I would like to know why our Gov. refuses to enforce the laws we already have. I have heard that it has already been passed to build 700 miles of fence at the mexican border so why hasn't it been built? It is so basic just like locking your doors at night. Why is America leaving its back door wide open?

SO I wonder what would happen if the immigrants from South and Central America traveled through Mexico into America and found it to be a very difficult place to live in, (think Trump as President) would they turn around and go home or head North to Canada? I think if Canada was seeing the influx of illegals that america does the Canadian Gov would get even tougher on them then what some have described here.

Mexico to the South and Central Americans is what Greece was to the Syrian refugees. Why would they want to stay there the are broke and don't give handouts.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:36 AM

7,827 posts, read 10,351,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is so good to hear that Canada takes their border and violators seriously. That is what makes a country.

I would like to know why our Gov. refuses to enforce the laws we already have. I have heard that it has already been passed to build 700 miles of fence at the mexican border so why hasn't it been built? It is so basic just like locking your doors at night. Why is America leaving its back door wide open?

SO I wonder what would happen if the immigrants from South and Central America traveled through Mexico into America and found it to be a very difficult place to live in, (think Trump as President) would they turn around and go home or head North to Canada? I think if Canada was seeing the influx of illegals that america does the Canadian Gov would get even tougher on them then what some have described here.

Mexico to the South and Central Americans is what Greece was to the Syrian refugees. Why would they want to stay there the are broke and don't give handouts.
Because, in a nutshell, it's beneficial to the large business interests to have a de-facto subservient working class.

Their ability to exploit the disadvantaged population allows cheap prices that permits higher profits. The handouts are a fraction of what the businesses themselves would have to pay, and even better they're covered by the general taxpayer. If you want to be mad, be mad at agribusiness and those that exploit the people, not the poor bastards caught in the system.

If you ever go through the legitimate immigration process, you know how easy it is for the government to keep tabs on you if they really, really want to. We could enforce all the rules tomorrow, but our economy would effectively collapse.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:10 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Because, in a nutshell, it's beneficial to the large business interests to have a de-facto subservient working class.

Their ability to exploit the disadvantaged population allows cheap prices that permits higher profits. The handouts are a fraction of what the businesses themselves would have to pay, and even better they're covered by the general taxpayer. If you want to be mad, be mad at agribusiness and those that exploit the people, not the poor bastards caught in the system.

If you ever go through the legitimate immigration process, you know how easy it is for the government to keep tabs on you if they really, really want to. We could enforce all the rules tomorrow, but our economy would effectively collapse.

Those who hire illegal aliens pass little to nothing in the way of lower prices unto the consumer. They merely pocket the profits while they pass their social costs unto to we the consumer. Most illegals are not working in the agribusinesses they are doing jobs that Americans are willing to do for a fair wage. There are unlimited visas for ag jobs also. I hardly consider illegal aliens as the poor b*stards caught in the system. They knew they were breaking the law when they came here and breaking another law by working here. Both the employers and their illegal workforce are equally guilty. So we should be mad at both of them.

As for our economy collapsing without illegal aliens how did we survive before millions of illegal aliens flooded our borders and taking American jobs? Our economy would actually improve without them
as Americans would get their jobs back and our taxes would be reduced no longer having to cover the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration