U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 01:57 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most citizen parents and legal immigrants would teach their children English so that they are prepared to enter our schools.
There is testing now for kindergarten "readiness" and not all make the cut. I would think a child that couldn't speak the language could not pass the test, but as we know, citizens are held to a MUCH higher standard than the law-breaking illegals. They no longer make them produce a birth certificate which mom did for me in 1954 and I did for my kids in the 70s and 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, parents should be required to teach their kids English before enrolling in our schools. Of course being the PC country that we are we bend over backwards for foreigners here illegally or not.
The parents don't speak English either. Why bother? Call social services, Medicaid, health department and you can "press 2 for Espanol" One office that I called actually had 5 minutes of chatter in Spanish before I could access the extension that I needed. Most stores here have someone that speaks Spanish to call up to the front while I wait so that why they can't buy a certain item with the WIC coupon or something about their VISION cards.

I can tell you that illegals are pouring in right now. Lots of new kids just starting school. I see them coming from the slum rentals a couple of blocks away.

My own son was denied needed speech therapy in southern AZ because English as a Second Language was sucking down the funding. I told them "My son born a US citizen who has NO language is being denied while others are being funded for a "Second" language. I got very involved there learning what was going on with illegal aliens and that was 20 years ago and it it 10 times worse.

Let's just get Trump elected and start the recovery!

And, by the way, when I see 'em, I know who is and who isn't legal with a high rate of accuracy. It doesn't take long to learn to spot them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 02:01 PM

44,354 posts, read 35,415,625 times
Logistically, it'd be a nightmare, depending on where these situations will happen most frequently. It would put too much pressure on school districts just to try to figure out where to put the kids. And if these illegals don't speak English, then you'll have a hard time pulling up enough resources by which to help them.

Really, folks, this is not a win-win situation for anyone. Your incumbent federal government just wants to screw all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or