Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Opinions on immigration overhaul plan
Yes, great idea 2 11.76%
No, Hate it 1 5.88%
Like it, but would change somethings (explain and give your alternative). 1 5.88%
End all immigration and boot everyone out including anchor babies. 13 76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:24 AM

4,422 posts, read 5,152,830 times

Advertisements

I have thought about, as many of you have about the immigration disaster that is occuring in our great country. So, I have come out with a somewhat thorough solution that actually may appease the otherside enough to get it passed in Congress. Just let me enough if you generally disagree, Agree or agree with only certain aspects. If so, then you may post what you would change and why. Thanks for anyfeedback.

1. Double fence along entire southern border
2. Limited fencing on the northern border in trouble spots
3. End birthright citizenship (grandfather clause those already born)
4. Federal mandatory worker verification system
5. Visa entry/exit system in place at all ports of entry/exit
6. Dougle the size of current border patrol
7. Triple the size of ICE
8. Biometric Social Security cards with photos
9. End chain migration: Petition allowed only to spouses and children
10. Path to citizenship for only those who have U.S. born children
-Much more restrictive and would an amount of about 6 million.
-Pretty much fraud proof, because you need a child with your
name on the birth certificate to apply and I don't believe anyone
would allow others to take their privelege.
-Any other pathway leads to massive fraud
11. Guest worker program
- 400,000 guest worker visas per year max (can be adjusted, but only downward if economy falters.
- Visa would last for 2 years
- No family members whatsover may accompany visa grantee
- No pathway to greencard
-all other worker programs must be abolished, this will be a one category simple system that would include all levels of skilled, unskilled, special circumstance individuals
-priorities to be made to these aformentioned groups according to our labor requirement priority system for those two years of visa coverage.
12. Regugee/Asylum/Religious and special circumstance visas
-50,000 yearly max, with pathway to citizenship after 5 years, as long as individual as not been convicted of any crime barring traffic violation (including misdemeaners)

13. As mentioned in in (9). Immediate family member visa/greencard system
-Yearly max of 250,000
-Any unused visas for any particular year can go to guest worker visa holders under a priority system.

Can't appease everyone, but I think this idea will fix our problem forever and have some appeal to those pro-open borders folks.
-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,374,809 times
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/Smoker_03/immigBorder.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-12-2008, 01:47 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,374,809 times
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/Smoker_03/immig2.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-14-2008, 02:16 AM

126 posts, read 280,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I have thought about, as many of you have about the immigration disaster that is occuring in our great country. So, I have come out with a somewhat thorough solution that actually may appease the otherside enough to get it passed in Congress. Just let me enough if you generally disagree, Agree or agree with only certain aspects. If so, then you may post what you would change and why. Thanks for anyfeedback.

1. Double fence along entire southern border
2. Limited fencing on the northern border in trouble spots
3. End birthright citizenship (grandfather clause those already born)
4. Federal mandatory worker verification system
5. Visa entry/exit system in place at all ports of entry/exit
6. Dougle the size of current border patrol
7. Triple the size of ICE
8. Biometric Social Security cards with photos
9. End chain migration: Petition allowed only to spouses and children
10. Path to citizenship for only those who have U.S. born children
-Much more restrictive and would an amount of about 6 million.
-Pretty much fraud proof, because you need a child with your
name on the birth certificate to apply and I don't believe anyone
would allow others to take their privelege.
-Any other pathway leads to massive fraud
11. Guest worker program
- 400,000 guest worker visas per year max (can be adjusted, but only downward if economy falters.
- Visa would last for 2 years
- No family members whatsover may accompany visa grantee
- No pathway to greencard
-all other worker programs must be abolished, this will be a one category simple system that would include all levels of skilled, unskilled, special circumstance individuals
-priorities to be made to these aformentioned groups according to our labor requirement priority system for those two years of visa coverage.
12. Regugee/Asylum/Religious and special circumstance visas
-50,000 yearly max, with pathway to citizenship after 5 years, as long as individual as not been convicted of any crime barring traffic violation (including misdemeaners)

13. As mentioned in in (9). Immediate family member visa/greencard system
-Yearly max of 250,000
-Any unused visas for any particular year can go to guest worker visa holders under a priority system.

Can't appease everyone, but I think this idea will fix our problem forever and have some appeal to those pro-open borders folks.
-
History tells us that Empire's are not to exist forever, our country's wealth
was built on slave work from Africa, which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S., since then we have depended more and more on
labor from our neighbors down south and so far they have done an exceptional
work, but as they too progress in the economic ladder we need to keep
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
I always tell my fellow Americans; be careful on what you wish for!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 03:11 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
was built on slave work from Africa, which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S., since then we have depended more and more on
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
The microscopic pladula will be your undoing!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:57 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Thread number 3 that this post appears. This is SPAM.

Moderators??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration