Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 06:46 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times

Advertisements

I have been listening to this "racist" intimidation for some time. I decided to do some research on it since my opinion might not be that valued. I don't know about others, but I really resent being called a "racist". I have had friends from countries all around the world that had come in either temporarily as students or immigrated the LEGAL way. My daughter-in-law received her citizenship a few years ago as did my grandson. Having had a friend from Korea that came in the legal way with a family, I know the cost and wait involved. When living in AZ, I had friends and co-workers who came in legally or were ancestors of those that came in legally and they felt EXACTLY the same way I did about illegal aliens.

Illegal immigration, entering the US without authorization is a crime as is bringing in and harboring illegal aliens: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324 (I should make up some flyers and distribute them here!) I have no respect for criminals or those that enable them!

I submit the following links to help those that believe that opposing the criminal infiltration and abuse of our country by illegal aliens to be "racist":

http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/ovic/View...32b4d2044d1b72

Know that I lived in AZ. My son with Down syndrome was denied the speech therapy that he needed because there was no funding due to the high cost of English as a Second Language which came out of the Special Education budget. I was told that was the priority not the needs of the special needs students in the system.

EXCLUSIVE: 'Bullies' Excerpt: Why Left Says Opposing Illegal Immigration is Racist - Breitbart

Why We Oppose Illegal Immigration - George Mano

Charges of Racism for Criticism of Illegal Immigration Is No Substitute for Effective Border Enforcement

Opposing Illegal Immigrant Warehousing Is 'Racist'? | Frontpage Mag

The bottom line is that they are criminals, illegal aliens and squatters. In my state alone the cost in 2010 for support of these illegal aliens was $442 million and considering how much the numbers have grown, baby machines & more squatters, I suspect it has grown by probably 50%! My state has over 400 people with developmental disabilities waiting for services, many poor elderly and also people with physical disabilities. In 2014, there were 10,400 homeless students identified by the school systems in KS. Illegal aliens can get a Section 8 voucher based on having one anchor baby, while a US citizen family with children wait for funding to become available: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...-housing_N.htm

Both my husband and other long time workers at a manufacturing plant were replaced with illegal aliens and it is a factory that gets contracts from our federal government. They begin them at the starting wage and don't have to worry about dangerous working conditions.

Each day when I walk my dogs, after an attack one month after moving here, I have to worry that I will have pitbulls that were used for protection coming illegally into the country come after me or my senior dogs or be hit and have the person drive away. For a small town, there is a constant stream of dog bites and hit-and-runs in the published police reports.

Caring about the welfare of your country and your fellow Americans is not "racist". "Walk a mile in my shoes" and get back to me then.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 04-27-2016 at 06:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 07:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Agreed. "Illegal alien" ain't a race. They ALL need to leave; even blond hair blue eyed Swedish ladies.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:59 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
While you are entirely correct the hard Left (read: Democrats) in this country have altered the national narrative such that opposition to ILLEGAL immigration automatically defines you as a "racist". Even the media has bought into this. Actual facts are totally irrelevant to these people. The only words that actually mean anything to them are the race/identity politics terminology they invented. Everything else is just noise to them.

The only way to correct this is:

Reclaim ownership of the narrative by various means. We can start by relentlessly mocking and publicly exposing the Left for their shallow stupidity until they go back into the intellectual sewer from which they came.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:24 PM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
When I talk with Republicans or people that tend to lean that way they get it that there is a difference between a person that is illegally in this country and a person that has gone through the proper channels and followed the laws to become a legal immigrant. They recognize that there is a danger in not having a secure border and not knowing who is living in the country.

When I speak with a Democrat or a Hillary supporter they tend to blend the 2 together and start a rant how Trump wants to ban all immigrants. They go on about where and when he will stop and they ask me how I would like it if my wife who immigrated from Ireland to America over 20 years ago (legally by the way) would have to go back. They then go on about who is going to pick the vegetables?
They think that an open border is better for America.

To all that I say "WHAT"
There are some kooky Dems out there and in no way is it racist to enforce the laws that we already have. Any society is built on the laws it makes. If those laws are not enforced then in a short time the society is not going to be a nice place to live in.
To say being anti ILLEGAL Immigrant is racist is plain crazy.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:14 PM

902 posts, read 1,104,942 times
both Parties want a flood of illegals

the Right for cheap slave labor
the Left for additional voters

yes they vote, many states do not require ID to vote, and in 1 year President Hilary will make them all legal to ensure they are not stopped from casting their ballot.......... and don't forget ACORN using names off headstones for more votes

between the schools indoctrinating young people and the 11 million soon to be legal "undocumented workers" we will be entering a new era of socialized America

scared yet?..... you should be

Last edited by azsportpilot; 04-27-2016 at 03:35 PM..

Old 04-27-2016, 03:15 PM

199 posts, read 176,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have been listening to this "racist" intimidation for some time. I decided to do some research on it since my opinion might not be that valued. I don't know about others, but I really resent being called a "racist". I have had friends from countries all around the world that had come in either temporarily as students or immigrated the LEGAL way. My daughter-in-law received her citizenship a few years ago as did my grandson. Having had a friend from Korea that came in the legal way with a family, I know the cost and wait involved. When living in AZ, I had friends and co-workers who came in legally or were ancestors of those that came in legally and they felt EXACTLY the same way I did about illegal aliens.

Illegal immigration, entering the US without authorization is a crime as is bringing in and harboring illegal aliens: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324 (I should make up some flyers and distribute them here!) I have no respect for criminals or those that enable them!

I submit the following links to help those that believe that opposing the criminal infiltration and abuse of our country by illegal aliens to be "racist":

http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/ovic/View...32b4d2044d1b72

Know that I lived in AZ. My son with Down syndrome was denied the speech therapy that he needed because there was no funding due to the high cost of English as a Second Language which came out of the Special Education budget. I was told that was the priority not the needs of the special needs students in the system.

EXCLUSIVE: 'Bullies' Excerpt: Why Left Says Opposing Illegal Immigration is Racist - Breitbart

Why We Oppose Illegal Immigration - George Mano

Charges of Racism for Criticism of Illegal Immigration Is No Substitute for Effective Border Enforcement

Opposing Illegal Immigrant Warehousing Is 'Racist'? | Frontpage Mag

The bottom line is that they are criminals, illegal aliens and squatters. In my state alone the cost in 2010 for support of these illegal aliens was $442 million and considering how much the numbers have grown, baby machines & more squatters, I suspect it has grown by probably 50%! My state has over 400 people with developmental disabilities waiting for services, many poor elderly and also people with physical disabilities. In 2014, there were 10,400 homeless students identified by the school systems in KS. Illegal aliens can get a Section 8 voucher based on having one anchor baby, while a US citizen family with children wait for funding to become available: Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Both my husband and other long time workers at a manufacturing plant were replaced with illegal aliens and it is a factory that gets contracts from our federal government. They begin them at the starting wage and don't have to worry about dangerous working conditions.

Each day when I walk my dogs, after an attack one month after moving here, I have to worry that I will have pitbulls that were used for protection coming illegally into the country come after me or my senior dogs or be hit and have the person drive away. For a small town, there is a constant stream of dog bites and hit-and-runs in the published police reports.

Caring about the welfare of your country and your fellow Americans is not "racist". "Walk a mile in my shoes" and get back to me then.
Yes. I agree with you 100%. One of the reasons that I detest Hillary Clinton so much as that she continually refers to the "illegals" as "immigrants". She is so off the mark and insults those of who are ethnically Mexican-American, whose ancestors came the right way and made it on their own dime.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:17 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. "Illegal alien" ain't a race. They ALL need to leave; even blond hair blue eyed Swedish ladies.
Except for the really hot blond Swedish ladies who can seek asylum at my house.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:22 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Opposing illegal immigration isn't really the problem. The problem is our over-complicated immigration system. It is the system itself that allows for religious, ethnic and racial discrimination. We have quotas that are specific to where people are from after all. Wouldn't it be simpler to say, "get here, get a job, keep that job for a year and welcome to America!" Instead, we've got people that spend 20 years or more becoming US citizens.

The reality is most illegals are Hispanic and many anti-illegal folks really do hate Hispanics to varying degrees. Being against illegal immigration doesn't make you racist, this is true, but many of them are pretty racist.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Except for the really hot blond Swedish ladies who can seek asylum at my house.
To me their kind ain't any better than dark skin Spanish speaking Indians here illegally, they ALL need to go; if it means them wearing handcuffs till shipped out of the US, so be it.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Opposing illegal immigration isn't really the problem. The problem is our over-complicated immigration system. It is the system itself that allows for religious, ethnic and racial discrimination. We have quotas that are specific to where people are from after all. Wouldn't it be simpler to say, "get here, get a job, keep that job for a year and welcome to America!" Instead, we've got people that spend 20 years or more becoming US citizens.

The reality is most illegals are Hispanic and many anti-illegal folks really do hate Hispanics to varying degrees. Being against illegal immigration doesn't make you racist, this is true, but many of them are pretty racist.
I'd like to see our immigration laws go back to how they were in 1964. Thinking about it: not long after after the immigration laws were changed to how they are in 2016 back in 1965; not long after, things really started going to hell for many American Blacks and Chicanos here in the US. I'm not sure if there's a connection but, I'm starting to wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration