Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 05:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times

Advertisements

Though he gave up on his American dream in the U.S., he is now living it in Mexico.

Hernandez, 27, is at the helm of a translation company he launched last fall, leading a team of 15 linguists who offer services in nearly two dozen languages to multiple businesses, including eight transnational companies.

Raised in the U.S. without legal status, he attains the American dream — in Mexico - LA Times

So much for Mexico being the toxic country that many Mexican illegal aliens claim to avoid being sent back home.

It sounds to me that Mr Hernandez HAS the chops to make it in his country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 05:46 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
I have a lot of admiration for someone that returns to their country to make it better. A lot of the students coming in legally come here, get educated, return to their country of origin and make it a better place.

For those looking for a free ride, the US is the better choice for the time being. I don't think Mexico gives out welfare benefits like we do.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:50 AM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times
The conversation in the CA forum isn't going anywhere, so thought I'd send it here:
Raised in the U.S. without legal status, he attains the American dream — in Mexico (LA times article)

Old 04-28-2016, 01:20 PM

24,457 posts, read 17,199,589 times
That is great I like to hear about people who are doing well.

This is a fine example of what Trump once meant when he referred to the people who are sneaking into the US are not the cream of the crop but the bottom of the barrel.
This guy can stand on his own 2 feet unlike the many who grab the welfare and don't contribute to society.

Good for him.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:35 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,370,794 times
Hispanics who still have relatives in Mexico told my husband that college is free in Mexico! I didn't know that. Plus, they are getting really good jobs, so this surging across the border really is the scourge, just wanting to be paid for being illegal. And, boy, do they ever get paid for being illegal. If everyone knew what they really get over here, they would be furious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration