Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 03:31 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,504,253 times

Advertisements

This alarm is the same idiot that submitted a law to allow illegals to obtain professional licenses. Your next doctor just might be an illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 04:32 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
This alarm is the same idiot that submitted a law to allow illegals to obtain professional licenses. Your next doctor just might be an illegal.
Yup. Even though the media is deliberately misleading with their headline, so the average person skimming the paper thinks this article is about LEGAL immigrants. From the very beginning:

Quote:
Denisse Rojas earned a biology degree from UC Berkeley and has set her sights on medical school. But one big obstacle stands in her way.

To practice medicine in California, doctors must obtain a license from the state, and applicants are required to provide a Social Security number as proof of identity.

Rojas, 25, does not have such a number. She is in the United States illegally, having been smuggled into the country from Mexico by her parents when she was 6 months old.

But a group of legislators wants to help her — to do for doctors, dentists, nurses, barbers, security guards and many others what they did last year for attorneys: grant those in the country illegally permission to practice their occupations.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:17 PM

404 posts, read 366,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
And in the meantime, adament hubristic California Liberals, lacking in perspicacity, wander aimlessly through their herb gardens with snifters of vintage Napa valley chardonnay.... tweeting footle.... oblivious to the impending pernicious incubus that will soon engulf them..............
Dude, did you major in English or something? Nice word usage and it reads like a poem haha

Old 05-09-2016, 05:19 PM

404 posts, read 366,690 times
Quote:
If you were dying, would youbreally care?

Lmao..doctor doctor, ive been shot! Im bleeding everywhere!

Ok ill help you! Eyes narrow..wait a sec..show me your citizenship documentation and/or birth certifcate first..

Old 05-10-2016, 08:49 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post

Ok ill help you! Eyes narrow..wait a sec..show me your citizenship documentation and/or birth certifcate first..

. If here are any doctors here illegally it would probably be a drop in the bucket. Most illegals are the uneducated, unskilled and poor.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:25 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:

That's not the issue. This is an issue of principles and respect for the law, which is precisely why it completely escapes you.

Progressives have no principles. They only have goals.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:

Yes, because there is such a shortage of qualified physicians practicing in California.

The point is not rewarding illegals.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:24 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Yes, because there is such a shortage of qualified physicians practicing in California.

The point is not rewarding illegals.
Sure, but like Oldglory said, illegals aren't doctors (or other professionals). It's a silly thing to worry about. Unless someone is under the impression that all people who immigrate here from Latin America are illegal. Unfortunately I'm learning quite recently that there are a lot of people who seem to think that.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Sure, but like Oldglory said, illegals aren't doctors (or other professionals). It's a silly thing to worry about. Unless someone is under the impression that all people who immigrate here from Latin America are illegal. Unfortunately I'm learning quite recently that there are a lot of people who seem to think that.
Believe me I'm not worried about a flood of illegal physicians heading to California. The point is illegals should not be rewarded for breaking our laws, they should be deported.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:06 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Believe me I'm not worried about a flood of illegal physicians heading to California. The point is illegals should not be rewarded for breaking our laws, they should be deported.
It is so simple that I don't see why someone cannot grasp the concept. Well, in their countries, they probably had no respect for their laws either. I guess we won the lottery when they moved north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration