Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:17 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Until another illegal steals his new SSN.

Legal Hispanic immigrants and native-born citizens with Hispanic surnames are subjected to this kind of identity theft at an alarmingly high rate. It makes me grateful to not have a Hispanic surname, but it's such a nightmare for the victims. Nobody in the government cares. AT ALL.
That is a big concern. My next door neighbor is Filipino. He has a Hispanic surname and was so shocked when I told him he had to watch out for ID theft.

Even people who aren't Hispanic have had problems. A woman with the last name "Bien" and wasn't in the least Hispanic, discovered that about 30 illegals were using her name and SSN.

About 10 or so years ago, a man in NC named Jason Smith discovered that an illegal got a hold of his name and SSN and used it to get a job in a meatpacking plant. The illegal even got promoted and was given a coat to wear at work that said "Jason Smith".

That said, illegals much prefer to steal IDs of people with Hispanic surnames.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 01:41 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
That is a big concern. My next door neighbor is Filipino. He has a Hispanic surname and was so shocked when I told him he had to watch out for ID theft.

Even people who aren't Hispanic have had problems. A woman with the last name "Bien" and wasn't in the least Hispanic, discovered that about 30 illegals were using her name and SSN.

About 10 or so years ago, a man in NC named Jason Smith discovered that an illegal got a hold of his name and SSN and used it to get a job in a meatpacking plant. The illegal even got promoted and was given a coat to wear at work that said "Jason Smith".

Yup....Hispanic surnames are preferred but they'll steal anyone's ID if they have to.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:53 PM

404 posts, read 366,690 times
Quote:

HAHA Jason Smith, that's just funny.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:42 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Identity theft should be a capital crime. This would not make liberals happy. They would lose a lot of their voting base. Maybe Trump can make this happen.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
I have no words, because things like this, just make me furious. I knew someone years ago who had there identity stolen by an illegal man.

If you do not think this poor man had a hell of a time straightening things out think again. It literally took him years to undo the damage that was done to him. By an illegal criminal. His life was upside down, could no longer get credit. People looked at him funny. It was a terrible mess. And a good lawyer you will need one should this happen to you.

Yup they all come here for the good life don't they! This just infuriates me to no end. Because up to now, neither party seems to care.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:51 PM

Peronally its partially his fault. One for letting his social get out there. Two, because if that does happen you can change it at the social security office.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Identity theft should be a capital crime. This would not make liberals happy. They would lose a lot of their voting base. Maybe Trump can make this happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
Peronally its partially his fault. One for letting his social get out there. Two, because if that does happen you can change it at the social security office.
Like ditchlights said: time to get serious about ID theft.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:41 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
I feel so sorry for this person. What a hardship this has been.

The IRS officially says it has spent billions on fraudulent refunds, due to stolen ID's. We don't have a large tax practice anymore but, we have one or two new ones every tax season. They don't have Hispanic surnames either......

Old 05-08-2016, 11:52 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,070,126 times
Quote:
More from the article:

“The system seems to be doing so little for these people,” the federal prosecutor said about identity theft victims. “The vast majority of these cases involve foreign nationals who are not legally present in the U.S.”

Anderson said the issue is rampant in southwestern Kansas where meat packing plants employ thousands of workers who are not legally in the United States. He said he personally has prosecuted over a thousand foreign nationals in cases like this.
----------------------------------------------
^^^^The system is "doing so little for these people" because the system is rotten and corrupt. Politicians on both sides of the aisle are in the pockets of their mega-rich donors who want amnesty and open borders plus in the pockets of groups like La Raza. As long as these corrupt politicians stay in office and keep getting elected and re-elected, nothing will be done to put American citizens first.
Probably way more business owners, and way fewer college Chicano department La Raza.

It's all about the Benjamins, baby.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Probably way more business owners, and way fewer college Chicano department La Raza.

It's all about the Benjamins, baby.

Way fewer what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration