U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 12:09 AM

7,041 posts, read 5,069,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Illinois bill looks to strike "illegal alien" from laws - WSIL-TV 3 Southern Illinois

I hope governor Bruce Rauner is smart enough to veto this bill if it makes it to his office.
I guess ******* is out of the running. It's so out of the running, you can't use it on this board!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 12:26 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
This is sickening. And getting so damn old. When will those in power get a back bone as Trump does.

I am sick of all the established from both sides one in the same different agenda.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:12 AM

5,903 posts, read 6,352,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
Another win for illegal immigration! Those words just invite division and discrimnation. Its honestly best tk get rid of them. Good job!
creare division and discrimination? They're criminals and should be treated as such, not given a prize for breaking the law.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:36 AM

31,485 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
Another win for illegal immigration! Those words just invite division and discrimnation. Its honestly best tk get rid of them. Good job!

Sarcasm?

Old 05-09-2016, 09:01 AM

9,796 posts, read 7,106,581 times
From the article

"immigrants don't typically break laws to get here, rather, they skirt administrative rules."

I'm getting tired of this dulling down of the rules, laws and phrases. IF you sneak into this country or overstay your Visa guess what you are in violation of the laws and subject to arrest and possible deportation.

What is going on in this country where illegal aliens have become "undocumented workers" or is a more appropriate less harsh term for them "future democratic voters" ?
In other news we have felons or excons becoming a protected class of citizen when it comes to renting a property.

We have politicians that break the laws, get caught, nothing happens and people fall in line to support them??

Are we heading toward a lawless land or will the laws only be applied to honest citizens?

It is the american way to forgive and forget, the land of many chances but that charity can only go so far before it backfires.
Will we see happen here what happened in London with the first muslim mayor being elected? Who knows maybe he is a good man who will do a good job for the city but it is a bit odd.

In the end you can call a piece of S*** a poopy, a turd but it is still a piece of S***.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:24 AM

31,485 posts, read 14,565,596 times
They'll probably start referring to them as "undocumented citizens".

Old 05-09-2016, 10:28 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,735,910 times
All they're doing is changing it from "Illegal alien" to "Registered Democrat" !

Old 05-09-2016, 12:40 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Before my husband and I learned about how to have him immigrate here legally 15 years ago, we maintained a long distance relationship for a year and a half with a few visits back and forth.

If he and I had run to Las Vegas and got married, he would have been immediately deported back to England with a 10 year ban to enter the U.S. even as a visitor.

So...if he had rowed a boat from England and sneaked back into the county, would my husband have been an "undocumented immigrant", or an "illegal alien"?
That isn't actually true. You don't need a visa to get married in the United States if you're from a VWP country (which the UK is). You can come here on a tourist visa and get married, or at least you could ten years ago. The US is popular with people planning destination weddings. I knew two British couples who got married in the US. No visas were required.

If he'd overstayed his visa (as a married man) by a day, that would not have resulted in "immediate deportation" or a "10 year ban". You have to overstay a visa for over six months before there's any temporary ban at all. 10 year bans aren't handed out to people who overstay a visa by a day, nor are they handed out to people who marry US citizens on a tourist visa. That's absurd.

Regardless of his marital status to you, if he'd rowed a boat over here and walked ashore...yes, he would have been an illegal alien. Marrying a US citizen does not automatically confer residency or citizenship, as I'm sure you know.

So how did you do it in the end? Fiance visa, or married overseas and brought him in on a conditional green card? I ask because I sponsored my EU citizen then-husband for a green card (which he ended up never using). So I'm a bit more familiar with the process than your average American.

For someone who supposedly found out how to get their foreign spouse here legally, you don't seem to know a whole lot about US immigration law.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:03 AM

599 posts, read 287,605 times
More politically correct nonsense! How anyone could support such a bill I just cannot understand unless they themselves are illegal or they in fact support illegal immigration.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:31 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
They can try and fluff all the paperwork they want, illegals will still be treated as an underclass. Nothing will change that except removing themselves from the US.

You can't fine or arrest for using words like "anchor".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or