U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 06:56 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,299,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Our immigration policy is a complete mess but your assertions are TOTAL BS - You have swallowed the propaganda bait, hook, line and sinker.

Illegal Immigrant Amnesty Bonuses : snopes.com

I would know since I work weekly with illegals. And they DO pay taxes - they all pay sales tax, gas tax, most pay state income taxes and Medicare/caid (associated with their jobs). 90+ percent of them just want work and a stable life - not to freeload. Also Note - property tax pays for schools so that is on homeowners. it has always been that way.

Let's enforce the law and secure the borders but don't demonize the entire immigrant Diaspora because you are listening to sponsored news stories.

And they do so ILLEGALLY. People love to say "but they pay state income taxes!"... Yeah... by working ILLEGALLY. They should be ARRESTED for that, not rewarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 07:10 PM

14,206 posts, read 7,402,658 times
Quote:
the bill would make it impossible for immigrants in the country illegally to receive any leniency in the courts when they commit serious crimes.
US citizens-0
Illegal aliens-1

Old 05-12-2016, 07:39 PM

3,072 posts, read 3,335,346 times
To our House of Reps, #foreignlivesmatter. Ryan is a traitor.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:09 AM

11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Anchor babies are American citizen kids and some of them have special needs, so are they taking resources from themselves?
The anchor babies would not have been born here if our immigration laws had been enforced. Ponder that.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:14 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Being against illegal immigration does NOT make one a "standard nativist right wing" anything. Those of us who are against illegal immigration support legal immigration. Illegal immigration makes legal immigrants very angry---and rightly so. FTR---I don't care where in the world an illegal alien is from. Nor do I care if they got here by overstaying a visa or sneaking across the border. They all have one thing in common---and that is this---they have no business being here and need to leave.

How do they "harm us each and everyday"? Well...all those day laborers you see in front of 7-Eleven and Home Depot---every time they get work means an American is displaced. Many Americans in the construction fields have lost their livelihoods to illegals. Honest contractors in the construction fields can't compete with sleazy contractors who use illegal alien day labor and pay under the table.

Many of our schools are being crushed by the weight of having to deal with educating illegal aliens and anchor babies --- anchor babies who come to school not knowing a word of English and the Spanish they do know is atrocious. For example, they don't know colors and can't tell red from blue. These kids take away resources from American citizen kids with special needs.

Many of our communities have been destroyed by illegal immigration as illegals tend to live in overcrowded flophouses, thereby driving down property values for American citizens and legal immigrants. Also, such neighborhoods bring crime to the community.

Oh you are so right my friend good post and spot on. Some would have you believe the truth as being hatred, and that is not it at all. Laws are broken when illegal people decide to come here, that is against the law or should be.

If you do not live in this Country, you do not know just how bad the situation is. And in so many cities across this Country, it is getting taken oven with illegals. The construction business, is so corrupt with so many businesses hiring nothing but illegal workers. I found this out in 2010 don't get me started here. When we had a huge remodel and another 3rd car garage addition done with other work also. I found out boy did I find out. And then did what I had to do once I did find out. So everything you say is spot on, and it is not hatred, but factual truth.

And yes many cities across this Country, the values diminish because illegals bring the property values down. That is not hatred, that is honest truth. Look at the communities that illegal people take over, you will know why the values go down. Seems some people mix the truth up with falsehoods.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:28 AM

5,201 posts, read 4,777,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Our immigration policy is a complete mess but your assertions are TOTAL BS - You have swallowed the propaganda bait, hook, line and sinker.

Illegal Immigrant Amnesty Bonuses : snopes.com
And you are ignoring facts.
Apparently you didn't read the full article that you'd posted, or the links in the Forbes article that I'd posted..where there was the link to the 2011 audit by the Treasury Inspector General...

"TREASURY INSPECTOR GENERAL FOR TAX ADMINISTRATION
Individuals Who Are Not Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credit"

^ that's just propaganda?? Shame on the Treasury Inspector General and his audit, eh?

Quote:
I would know since I work weekly with illegals. And they DO pay taxes - they all pay sales tax, gas tax, most pay state income taxes and Medicare/caid (associated with their jobs). 90+ percent of them just want work and a stable life - not to freeload.
Oh please, of course they would pay sales and gas taxes if they make those purchases. If 90+ percent of them work and pay state and federal taxes then they certainly shouldn't be costing the American tax payer $113 Billion dollars a year in freebies (food stamps, housing, medical, etc., etc., etc.). That figure doesn't even include the amounts that are paid annual through the IRS refundable credit refunds*..

*'Illegal aliens are accessing not only the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) but the Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Additional Child Tax Credit ACTC) to the tune of billions annually'

Quote:
Also Note - property tax pays for schools so that is on homeowners. it has always been that way.
Property taxes only pays out a portion, of tax money received, for schools. Schools receive funding from federal, state, and local sources. Roughly one-fourth of state spending goes toward public education, how much depends on the state. At the local level about half of the property tax (real and personal) amount is used for education, other revenue comes from school fees, sales tax, etc., etc.

The federal government provides about 10 percent of public school revenues
The state uses sales and personal/corporate income taxes to fund schools
At the local level is where property taxes (real and personal), fees, sales taxes, donations, etc., is used to fund schools

Quote:
Let's enforce the law and secure the borders but don't demonize the entire immigrant Diaspora because you are listening to sponsored news stories.
I am not demonizing anyone, especially immigrants, immigrants are those who come to this country legally. Illegals are not immigrants, no matter how much people try to pretty up the term illegals by using DREAMers, undocumented immigrants, etc., they are still illegals.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:29 AM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And you are ignoring facts.
Apparently you didn't read the full article that you'd posted, or the links in the Forbes article that I'd posted..where there was the link to the 2011 audit by the Treasury Inspector General...

"TREASURY INSPECTOR GENERAL FOR TAX ADMINISTRATION
Individuals Who Are Not Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credit"

^ that's just propaganda?? Shame on the Treasury Inspector General and his audit, eh?

Oh please, of course they would pay sales and gas taxes if they make those purchases. If 90+ percent of them work and pay state and federal taxes then they certainly shouldn't be costing the American tax payer $113 Billion dollars a year in freebies (food stamps, housing, medical, etc., etc., etc.). That figure doesn't even include the amounts that are paid annual through the IRS refundable credit refunds*..

*'Illegal aliens are accessing not only the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) but the Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Additional Child Tax Credit ACTC) to the tune of billions annually'

Property taxes only pays out a portion, of tax money received, for schools. Schools receive funding from federal, state, and local sources. Roughly one-fourth of state spending goes toward public education, how much depends on the state. At the local level about half of the property tax (real and personal) amount is used for education, other revenue comes from school fees, sales tax, etc., etc.

The federal government provides about 10 percent of public school revenues
The state uses sales and personal/corporate income taxes to fund schools
At the local level is where property taxes (real and personal), fees, sales taxes, donations, etc., is used to fund schools

I am not demonizing anyone, especially immigrants, immigrants are those who come to this country legally. Illegals are not immigrants, no matter how much people try to pretty up the term illegals by using DREAMers, undocumented immigrants, etc., they are still illegals.

Excellent, truthful post. Thank you!

Old 05-13-2016, 09:58 AM

11,376 posts, read 3,693,720 times
Anyone who is supportive of illegal immigration has more than few screws loose.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:59 PM

1,166 posts, read 504,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The anchor babies would not have been born here if our immigration laws had been enforced. Ponder that.
But they are here and they are American citizens just like you.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:00 PM

11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
But they are here and they are American citizens just like you.
Yeah, and they take away resources from other kids. They are only considered to be American citizens due to a flawed interpretation of the 14th amendment. You can search this forum as this topic has been discussed at length before.

No doubt that the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco needs to come to an end---the sooner the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or