Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 11:22 PM

404 posts, read 366,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So do American citizens. American citizens come first and foremost, followed by legal immigrants. We, as a nation, owe illegal aliens absolutely nothing. Period.
With that logic, we dont owe our own citizens anything either, but we do it. Its just nice for New Americans to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 11:55 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
With that logic, we dont owe our own citizens anything either, but we do it. Its just nice for New Americans to have.
We owe illegal aliens nothing but a one-way ticket back to where they came from. They have no business being here. Period.

However, if you feel differently, you are free to move several illegals into your home. Once they move in, you can feed, clothe, shelter and pay for their medical care out of your own pocket. You can also give them your SSN. Just let them know that they can't use your name with it. I'm sure that you won't have any problem finding several who will gladly take you up on this offer.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:19 AM

404 posts, read 366,735 times
Quote:
We owe illegal aliens nothing but a one-way ticket back to where they came from. They have no business being here. Period.

However, if you feel differently, you are free to move several illegals into your home. Once they move in, you can feed, clothe, shelter and pay for their medical care out of your own pocket. You can also give them your SSN. Just let them know that they can't use your name with it. I'm sure that you won't have any problem finding several who will gladly take you up on this offer.
And once i do that, then what?

Im not like most people. I really have no problem with anything you just said lol. Someone has to help these new americans out.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:13 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Coming up empty on the US citizen clauses for the Bill of Rights, are we? If the constitution was only written for us, why do non-citizen foreigners have a right to a trial by jury if they commit a crime in the US?
Because traditionally the U.S. has been an exceptionally kind nation, that is why. Try pulling this "Muh Constitution" stuff in other countries and see what it gets you. For starters, go to Mexico and identify yourself as a Guatemalan national and see what that gets you -- good luck with that.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:33 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:

Im not like most people. I really have no problem with anything you just said lol. Someone has to help these new americans out.
Then you help the illegals using your own money. That's what they are "illegal aliens" --- not "New Americans". "New Americans"' are newly naturalized US citizens. It's a slap in the face to those new citizens to be lumped in with illegal aliens.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:20 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:

You have no concept of the law do you? Or economics? Or infrastructure and overcrowded schools ERs and prisons/jails?

Old 05-19-2016, 04:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Montana state officials are not allowed to report the immigration status of people seeking state services, the state’s high court ruled on Tuesday.

In a unanimous decision, the court struck down the last piece of a voter-approved law meant to deter undocumented immigrants from living and working in the “Treasure State.” It upholds a 2014 ruling stating that the law denying unemployment benefits, university enrollment and other services to people who are in the country illegally was unconstitutional.

Montana court strikes down anti-immigrant law, allows undocumented to get services | Fox News Latino

I just don't get it; why so many courts HATE Americans here by protecting illegal aliens.
Courts are made up of judges, and judges are lawyers.

I guess they look at the U.S. Constitution, don't see any mention of borders or national sovereignty, and therefore think that the whole world has the right to be here and get stuff.

Law and common sense are like oil and water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Read the 14th Amendment.

When you are ready to amend the Constitution's 14th Amendment to read as such.....

[...]; nor shall any state deprive any citizen of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any citizen within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

...let me know.

Until such time, keep groveling and complaining....you're doing a great job wasting precious time.
Foreigners are not within the jurisdiction of the U.S., they are within the jurisdiction of the countries they come from.

So the 14th amendment does not apply to them. It was created to give citizenship to former slaves in the U.S.

Following your reasoning, diplomats from other countries become U.S. citizens the minute they step foot on American soil.

Only lawyers and judges would be stupid enough to think this. No doubt, their brains are scrambled in law school, where they are taught not to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
If Chinese, Russian, and North Korean soldiers landed in the U.S. and started conquering one neighborhood after another, would they too be protected by the Bill of Rights simply because they're standing on U.S. soil?
According to the scramble-brained lawyers and judges in this country, the answer would be "Yes!"

Quote:
The three of you show me where in the Constitution it says the Bill of Rights is for US citizens only.
The Constitution is for U.S. citizens -- duh!

Citizens of other countries have their own constitutions and forms of government.

Quote:
Since you agree with him, why don't you also help the other posters in finding the relevant clause that states Constitutional rights are only for US citizens? They seem to be having a hard time
Constitutions by definition are for the citizens of nation states.

You didn't know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
For whom is a constitution written?
Maybe he thinks our Constitution is for the whole world.

I don't see anything in our Constitution that says that!

Quote:
The ones from China, Russia, or North Korea was made in reference to invading government armies, not private citizens. Read again, please

Coming up empty on the US citizen clauses for the Bill of Rights, are we? If the constitution was only written for us, why do non-citizen foreigners have a right to a trial by jury if they commit a crime in the US?
Ask the Supreme Court.

Which is not the same as the Constitution.

Quote:
So do American citizens. American citizens come first and foremost, followed by legal immigrants. We, as a nation, owe illegal aliens absolutely nothing. Period.
Quote:
If that were true, then there would be no laws against illegal immigration.

But we do have such laws, and they have not been ruled unconstitutional.

Given that such is the case, the claim that illegals have Constitutional rights in this country is b.s.

If courts give them such rights, it is certainly not on the basis of anything in the Constitution.

Quote:

So what are you doing to help them?

Nothing?

Thought so.

Last edited by Yac; 05-20-2016 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: 9 (!!!!) posts in a row merged. Please learn to multi quote

Old 05-19-2016, 07:52 AM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:

They aren't new Americans aka citizens of our country and you know it. They are illegal aliens. New Americans would be those newly naturalized. Why do you persist with this? Do you not know that it is against the law to aid and abet illegal aliens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration